Jack Monroe #26 Jack be bitter, Jack be quick, Jack stop being such a dick.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does she say she picks people who canā€™t cook to be her partner? Allegra owned half of Leon didnā€™t she?! Plus she is an acclaimed food writer.

Reactions: 13
For I'm a Celeb they'll cast a wide net each year, see who says they would do it and then narrow it down from there. She may well have been approached but that doesn't mean even if she'd expressed interest she'd have got cast. They do tend to have an online famous person so maybe she'd have got in, maybe she wouldn't. I imagine she thinks she's more Strictly material as it's less grubby reality.
OMG, can you imagine the arguments she'd have with the judges and her dance partner?!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I keep thinking about this... View attachment 153739
and something about it makes me feel uncomfortable in a power/control kind of way šŸ˜• Wanting someone to be dependant on you for food šŸ¤” I don't know, I'm thinking aloud here but something about it seems wrong.
Also that she sees cooking as ā€œcompetitiveā€. I imagine she is the type to throw screaming tantrums in the kitchen.

Reactions: 5
I canā€™t bear Iā€™m a Celebrity*.

But in the unlikely event of the Southend Camper doing it, you know Iā€™d be here for your black hearted recaps.

* is the waterfall shower scene compulsory these days?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
She said it very recently and that she had turned them down more than once.

But might reconsider in the future.
Thatā€™s wayyyyyy too much second hand embarrassment for me. And Iā€™m going to be really annoyed if she does Strictly! Weā€™d never hear the end of it if she was the first contestant to have a same-sex partner (there was ā€˜wordā€™ the Beeb would have that this year but obvs it might not go ahead at all this year)

Reactions: 7
OMG, can you imagine the arguments she'd have with the judges and her dance partner?!
I don't know - I think she might revert to being extremely timid and eager to please. We'd hear constantly about nervous she was, plus lots of in-jokes about her crazy partner in crime dance partner.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Im on a low income and vegan. I believe Iā€™d spend far more on food if I ate meat. I honestly donā€™t know why sheā€™s suggesting that you would struggle to be vegan on a low income

I absolutely get it if you were existing from foodbanks only and some people are in that position.

Sheā€™s the person who said herself that she was eating mainly veggie meals when she was in poverty. So how can being vegan be too expensive? Itā€™s not. Some of the pre packed stuff is eye wateringly dear but you can cook a cheap vegan meal from scratch very easily plus if you buy veg the ends of veg can always go in soup.

As for vegan cheese I used to buy vegusto but sadly their website isnā€™t delivering to the Uk just now.

Applewood vegan cheese is supposed to be very good. Scheeze is ok if you like a cream cheese substitute.

I miss the thought of cheese more than I miss cheese if that makes sense.

Nutritional yeast tastes quite cheesy.
Home bargains have vegan cheese for 79p right now as well, there's a lot of accidentally vegan food too that's dead cheap

Reactions: 4
Guten abend housefrauen!

I know the thread is on a different place now but just wanted to send a message of support to @Begborrowsteal. I've been there too and though it was hideously painful at the time, I feel like he did me a favour. I understand it won't feel that way now though so thinking of you and hope you're managing OK. Sending hugs, if that's your bag. If not, whatever is comforting and nourishing right now. Please take care x

On the issue of plastic cheese and veggie/vegan food, does anyone remember Beanfeast? My favourite meal as a teen was spag bol with bean feast and aforesaid cheese. Yummmm!

Those photos are not a good look. Jack is very attractive in a "manic pixie" way but those are just all wrong. They just look sort of sad and make me want to cook vats of chicken soup and feed it to her! I know, I'm too soft. Still, I expect she'll piss me off by tweeting something ignorant about ASD in a hot minute.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
How do people know what she gets on Patreon? I think PayPal donations and all that sort of online pan handling should be visible like a justgiving page. Thereā€™s a labour activist on twitter and they have their begging bowl out a lot and Iā€™ve always wondered how much they get. Apparently as itā€™s gifted you donā€™t have to declare it?
Her page says she has 208 patrons and the lowest membership level is $4 so thatā€™s $832 if you go on everyone being a low tier subscriber. Exchange rates makes it Ā£660ish per month.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
nah surely sheā€™s not famous enough for Iā€™m a celeb?!
If thereā€™s any truth in this at all (doubtful), I think itā€™s more likely that her agent made a pitch for the show, and (before or after discussing it further) they turned her down.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I tell hubby about Jack and the posts here, I keep asking him to join too but he says he can post vicariously through me. I told him about the latest posts, how she wants a relationship with someone who can't cook, and he said she is in a relationship...with herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She's added 'queer' to her Twitter bio.

This isn't a very interesting update to report, but we can't expect weird underwear photos every day.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Thread #elevenrife
Takes cash from fans with bugger all thanks
Poses on worktop in bra and Spanx

• Haha
Reactions: 30
@Pocahontas I've just watched the trailer for Midsommar... Iā€™m going to watch it. I was put off by the ā€œhorrorā€ label, creepy I can deal with. Going to find somewhere I can watch it!
If you like Midsommar I recommend The Witch, and Mother!, although a lot of people hated it I thought it was amazing and saw it three times - it really needs to be seen in a big screen for maximum impact, and I can almost guarantee you will say 'what the duck have I just seen!'.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.