Jack Monroe #26 Jack be bitter, Jack be quick, Jack stop being such a dick.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, this tweet has been deleted.

View attachment 153740

So, she's either given up on her not very original idea before she's even test run it, or they won't be "teased" on her IG live?

She'll be dipping something in Hellmann's before rolling it in breadcrumbs though, I bet. We'll find out on Tuesday.
I called this ages ago - chicken nuggets/dippers/strips.

Or Halloumi. For the vegetarians (as long as you check it isn't made with rennet).

[Drumroll] We have a cup of freshly picked raspberries from the garden. Found them hiding under the feral Chard whilst trying to persuade the Fluffy Git that my runner bean leaves are not a healthy snack for the discerning feline and sending snails for a shorthaul flight from the lettuces to the back of the shed. Once they've been soaked long enough to encourage any microscopic lifeforms off them, they're getting crushed, possibly sieved and mixed with some honey (as Mr Dragon is a fussy git sometimes) and swirled together with some reduced to clear Nectarines in Kefir for pudding this evening.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I keep thinking about this... View attachment 153739
and something about it makes me feel uncomfortable in a power/control kind of way 😕 Wanting someone to be dependant on you for food 🤔 I don't know, I'm thinking aloud here but something about it seems wrong.
This is probably one of the most honest posts she’s ever written. Interesting insight into how she thinks imo.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
and something about it makes me feel uncomfortable in a power/control kind of way 😕 Wanting someone to be dependant on you for food 🤔 I don't know, I'm thinking aloud here but something about it seems wrong.
It's typical Jack isn't it - such a bitter and narcissistic motivation! weird to think she would actively seek out people who won't cook too..

Reactions: 15
Perhaps she wants to date people who don’t know how to cook / know even less than her about food so they can’t be judgmental about what she prepares.

If you were served a bowl of corned beef chilli or her lasagne, and could cook yourself, you’d be like ‘Good god, woman - what IS this?’
If you couldn’t cook yourself, maybe you’d think ‘Ah well, it’s better than super noodles for the third time running’

• Haha
Reactions: 26
That Man’s son Is obviously quite passionate about food. You can he was brought up learning about flavours and fresh ingredients. And he’s a decent presenter too!

Although I am a bit hmmm about celebs having their children on social media I'm really impressed. He is nine (about as long as Jack has been an 'inspirational cook') .

On mumsnet there is a current thread about what age should children be before they make breakfast. Mainly stuff like 'my mine year old can pour their own cereal and use a toaster (proud!)

Reactions: 11
Perhaps she wants to date people who don’t know how to cook / know even less than her about food so they can’t be judgmental about what she prepares.

If you were served a bowl of corned beef chilli or her lasagne, and could cook yourself, you’d be like ‘Good god, woman - what IS this?’
If you couldn’t cook yourself, maybe you’d think ‘Ah we’ll, it’s better than super noodles for the third time running’
Haha totally - I can only imagine that this strong relationship preference is a direct result of Allegra giving some much too honest feedback about Jack's slop

• Haha
Reactions: 24
This really bothers me too - Gizzi Erksine is a good example of someone who eats meat but is so passionate about promoting ethical farming and being aware of where you buy your meat from ie not battery farmed supermarket tit. But going to buy ethical meat from an organic local butcher is too FANCY for jack isn’t it
Totally agree, I’m not vegan/vegetarian and she annoys me with it too! We have cut our meat consumption hugely in the last couple of years. What we buy is from the local butcher and we know where the meat is sourced from near by. I cannot understand anyone, on one hand talking about being vegan, and on the next eating crap tinned meat??

Reactions: 14
Yes, this tweet has been deleted.

View attachment 153740

So, she's either given up on her not very original idea before she's even test run it, or they won't be "teased" on her IG live?

She'll be dipping something in Hellmann's before rolling it in breadcrumbs though, I bet. We'll find out on Tuesday.
Someone at Hellman’s probably told her they don’t want their product associated with her 2am cheeseburger experiment live on IG.

Or she remembered she’s supposed to be “90% vegan”

Or her the trial run this morning was worse than we predicted.

Reminds me of those contestants on Big Brother who immediately take it upon themselves to be the cook in the hope they won’t be nominated.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I wonder if we have been catching up on the same one because the influencers' I have been catching up on, my god the people posting have shocked me the things being said it's just page after page of nastiness. Nothing like this thread at all.
Possibly...north west England? 🤔

Reactions: 3
Flashbacks of me and my sister when we were 9/10 trying to make toasted cheese with those. Spoiler alert: they "melt" with a sort of skin on them under the grill 🤢
I really like plastic cheese. Teamed with a veggie burger; melted on chips, potato waffles or tortilla chips in the microwave, my speciality - hollowed out crispy white roll filled with crisps, coleslaw and cheese; rolled up and eaten like a miniature burrito. The possibilities are endless.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
How can a pre-teen be better at presenting a cookery show than Jack is?! Doesn’t she look at herself and cringe at how bad she is?
What a natural Buddy is, this highlights how bad JM is. This boy is 10 and is knocking it out the park, really nice wee recipe and I liked the little graphics too. How can she get it so wrong? She just isn’t really into food, that’s the problem

Reactions: 22
Haha totally - I can only imagine that this strong relationship preference is a direct result of Allegra giving some much too honest feedback about Jack's slop
I often wonder, if Jack hadn't decided to briefly go down the trans route would her and Allegra still be together? Or would they have still split because let's face it, Jack is not the superior "chef" here, considering her recent confession...

Reactions: 13
This really bothers me too - Gizzi Erksine is a good example of someone who eats meat but is so passionate about promoting ethical farming and being aware of where you buy your meat from ie not battery farmed supermarket tit. But going to buy ethical meat from an organic local butcher is too FANCY for jack isn’t it
Jack is someone who likes to tell you to rinse baked beans instead of spending 11p more on haricot beans. So does it not make sense for her “brand” to make veganism affordable for her fans rather than eating cheap nasty meat?
the vegan thing was clearly a money maker but more than that, we know she loves to be loved by everyone so is trying to keep both the meat eaters and vegans on side with her “I eat 90% of the time eating vegan yet also talk about meat recipes 90% of the time.”

Reactions: 15
god I miss these. With marmite in a buttery crusty baguette. And mature cheese, red leicester......
I’ve tried all the vegan cheese and they’re just not the same. Obviously! I’m sure watching Jack ruin them on tuesday will cure me of any craving.
I used to get vegan burger cheese slices from Holland and Barrett - cannot for the life of me remember which brand but it was so good and tasted just like the (artificial) real thing

Used to melt them onto Quorn vegan hot and spicy burgers - that was my FANCY meal as a poor vegan student :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I agree it is very, very odd. It rings codependency / low self esteem alarm bells, you should want your partner to willingly be with you because they love you, not because they can’t eat without you?!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
100% feel the same!

That Man’s son Is obviously quite passionate about food. You can he was brought up learning about flavours and fresh ingredients. And he’s a decent presenter too!

Buddy is wonderful and comes across a thousand times more competent and confident in the first 30 seconds than Jack does. 👏🏻

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
It’s odd but I can see that in the echo chamber that is Jack’s head almost anything (gender identity/ASD/veganism/backstory) can be spun to create an output that is correct at one given moment. It’s like an (ok, I’m probs going to lose everyone except @heretoreaditall2019 here) overly complex and totally inefficient ETL process. But defending this odd code which obviously only Jack understands, takes so much energy and means she’s having to maintain some old references, forgets about others, hard codes bits here and there... basically it’s all exhausting to maintain. Extending the tortuous metaphor, most people would get to the point where you’d have to bin it and start from scratch. Like, create something simple, transparent and with no need for all that wasted energy and defensiveness.
The problem is that I think she feels this is the construct that her career is based on. I just don’t see how it’s sustainable- imagine another 10 years of this?

Anyway, in true Jack fashion, I created the above bit of unnecessary ear piss just so I could go off topic and say thanks to @Pocahontas for influencing me to watch Midsommar last night. I loved it SO much and am totes going out later dressed like a moomin May queen ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.