Jack Monroe #26 Jack be bitter, Jack be quick, Jack stop being such a dick.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sheā€™s not even remotely vegan. Her latest recipes are hardcore meat - pork crackling, sausages, burgers. Sausage sandwiches day after day. She eats more meat than I do (and Iā€™m a bog standard omnivore).

Even photoshopped, those pics are extremely grotty. Maybe thatā€™s what she was going for, but ... šŸ˜•šŸ¤¢
And all crappy meat aswell, not like sheā€™s buying free range

Why will they be teased on her "cooking show"? Just show them or don't, duck off with your teasing... šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Especially when sheā€™s already given the recipe, itā€™s not like she will give any silly details like quantities in the video anyway

Itā€™s quite horrible and cynical when you put it like that.

Just waiting for the day she becomes the first was a vegan once to land on Mars, after all she seems to have done everything else.
This is unlikely as if she had friends surely theyā€™d be intervening now, but it does just summarise her, her whole life is lived online instead of the real world

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Has anyone actually worked out what she's wearing yet? It looks some kind of strange control skirt in one pic and in another it looks like the big old knickers I wear when I've got my period.
I thought it was a girdle šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The top looks like a sports bra thatā€™s five sizes too big. The skirt just looks like a stretchy boob tube.

Itā€™s not that sheā€™s too old to wear a short skirt in my view, itā€™s just that the skirt is horrible and itā€™s just too short. I wouldnā€™t even wear that top to the gym, itā€™s just hideous.

Also, who on earth poses on their kitchen worktops? Iā€™m mean clearly she does but itā€™s bonkers.

I agree, nothing worse than big news coming......... just say what it is.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I'm 28 and I've been living in lounge wear on cold days and cycle shorts with oversized tees on hot days. Definitely recommend it to those who feel they are too old to do so.

Regarding burger nugs.... So they're just breaded, deep fried meatballs? I hope Jack heats the oil before attempting to fry them
I bet she wouldnā€™t and someone will ask ā€œshould you heat the oil first?ā€ Sheā€™ll say it makes no difference and saves money or something and that already vile sounding nugget will end up like an oil slick

Whoo, so much to unpick from that article.

ā€œIt was a big, busy house, lots of traumatised children and a revolving door and I learned to be empathetic and simultaneously detached.ā€

Then a couple of paragraphs later...

"Iā€™m autistic, that means Iā€™m a bit odd ā€“ not all autistic people are odd ā€“ but Iā€™m a bit socially awkward, not very good at feelings. But Iā€™m a fantastic cook, so come over and let me cook for you but donā€™t try and talk to me too much about how your day is going.ā€™ā€

So you're really empathetic but not very good at feelings? Right, ok then.

I shouldn't let someone I don't know annoy me so much but she really rubs me up the wrong way with her relentless bullshit and total lack of self-awareness.

Also, I don't know ANYONE that buys tinned potatoes or carrots. Surely these items are cheaper to buy fresh and in bulk rather than tinned?!
[/QUOTE]
Contradictions even in the same article, Jesus, I canā€™t even be bothered to read so thanks for the summary!

If she creates an onlyfans itā€™ll be like the shed, an exercise in PR / branding that she likes the idea of being but canā€™t commit to doing anything with. Or another marginalised person box to tick. Sheā€™s far too lazy to see anything through so sheā€™ll repost those same pictures from the shoot & hope fans forget to cancel their subscription.

Weā€™re forgetting she takes around the avg monthly salary in this country via Patreon, simply for just existing. Why on earth would she bother to work at anything new...
But her stans will continue to pay even as she doesnā€™t upload anything

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
And all crappy meat aswell, not like sheā€™s buying free range

Especially when sheā€™s already given the recipe, itā€™s not like she will give any silly details like quantities in the video anyway

This is unlikely as if she had friends surely theyā€™d be intervening now, but it does just summarise her, her whole life is lived online instead of the real world
You would think someone would be intervening.

As for the cheeseburger nugget disaster sheā€™s going to be cooking next week someone just suggested meatless farm as a substitute for the vegan version

Iā€™d be amazed if that worked. Just my personal preference but I tried the meatless farm mince and really didnā€™t like it, itā€™s got quite a crumbly texture.

Sheā€™s going to have a task on her hands veganising that disaster.

Still, thereā€™s always tofu and a carrot as a substitute

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Morning Hausfrau,
Iā€™ve spent some of this morning catching up on other Tattle threads as this one has been a full time job recently.
One in particular is a local influencer with questionable...everything; who initially brought me to Tattle with her rants about the site.

Some of the posts literally breath away. Opinions and comments on everything, stuff in public/private knowledge. Really really unkind. Jack.ā€™s thread is not at like that. This is an interesting and thoughtful thread with genuine community spirit and care. She should have a read of some others...

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Cheeseburger nuggets? How is the cheese going to stay on a round ball and not melt and slide off all over the baking tray?

Reactions: 8
Cheeseburger nuggets? How is the cheese going to stay on a round ball and not melt and slide off all over the baking tray?

They will probably be breaded. It sounds like something I've seen on an old insta thing I followed called twisted food. It's certainly not a new thing and it doesn't look remotely tasty. Just alot of grease and fat in a bowl. I don't know why she doesnt make a decent meal. Meat/ meat sub, with some sort of carbohydrate and veg etc on the side.

Reactions: 5
The cheese is inside, the thing is she said 2slices of cheese which would be literally impossible to fit in a small nugget, loads of people do this with burgers already itā€™s not even a new idea, I really get the feeling her fans donā€™t watch any other cooking shows/ read cookery books and give way too much credit to her

thereā€™s a recipe. Iā€™m guessing if she is doing with breadcrumbd she will freeze it before cooking.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Morning, all!

Seems like a relatively quiet night, all considered.

Mr Dragon worked with somebody who was in Gold Command for Grenfell. Strangely, they never talk about it following the initial turning up after 2 hours' sleep, doing their actual day job, having a cry/nap/rant about politicians/local government being arseholes (but not giving out any specifics), being brought snacks by colleagues as they weren't eating, then going back for another six hours of GC work and spending evenings where there wasn't another meeting and early mornings/weekends slipping into the volunteer areas to help completely anonymously because they didn't 'look like an important person'.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18

thereā€™s a recipe. Iā€™m guessing if she is doing with breadcrumbd she will freeze it before cooking.
Ahhhhhh shame no one has replied to her tweet with this. "Recommend this recipe for cheeseburger nuggets Jack, works really well." She thinks she's such a maverick, but she's just coming up with ideas that a drunk 20 year old bloke would make at 2am!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I saw that on youtube last night too, Flash. It's maybe just me (or my cooking) but the texture of cheese inside a burger gives me the dry boak. I can't see how she'll fit enough of the elements in this to make it small enough to count as a nugget. Or she'll just put tiny amounts in to say she's done it, but will the taste be there?

What does she mean by burger cheese?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The squares of American cheese. The Hellmanā€™s team will have to have everything chopped and prepared.

I could see how you could chop up pickles and onions and mix into a ball with the mince and cheese, freeze then coat in breadcrumbs and fry bit the way she has described it doesnā€™t sound like it would form anything close to a nugget.

itā€™s........BURGER SLOP

• Haha
Don't you know Jack invented this recipe in her zany, crazy, wacky super brain?
Can someone who she hasnā€™t blocked on twitter post this?

I saw that on youtube last night too, Flash. It's maybe just me (or my cooking) but the texture of cheese inside a burger gives me the dry boak. I can't see how she'll fit enough of the elements in this to make it small enough to count as a nugget. Or she'll just put tiny amounts in to say she's done it, but will the taste be there?

What does she mean by burger cheese?
Is it that plastic one? So awful but def my guilty pleasure for vegetarian burgers

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.