Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NorthernSoul

Been busy with work these past few weeks so just been reading these threads on and off when I’ve time (bloody hell how fast do these pages fill up! ) Apologies for the length of my post too, but had to get this off my chest.

I watched the insta live yesterday 🙈. The contrast between JM and Andi Oliver is clearly passion and knowledge about food (oh and a sprinkle of charisma on AO part) It reminds me of my own situation. Whilst working part time when my kids were little, my friend encouraged me to help out delivering some training sessions to earn extra cash for three or four sessions a year. Although I have the skills for the role and felt reasonably ok doing it, the subject matter wasn’t always my knowledge base. I had to design and deliver full day workshops.

When I had to deliver the sessions where I felt I had a really limited amount of knowledge, I was so anxious, and the sessions were torturous (in my mind I might add, just to salvage some respect. It was never a shit show like JM has produced, and my feedback sheets the company returned were always positive 😜) but in the sense that I hated the feeling of not having a real understanding about the subject. I would look online at YouTube presenters, speaking effortlessly, passionately, in an engaging way about a subject, because it was their work, their interest, they’ve spent years doing it. I was being a charlatan, swotting up and gleaming information second hand from loads of online sources journals and books.

Which is what I see when I look at JM. She fell into this gig by accident. She was good at making ends meet, being ‘ingenious‘ (used loosely 😂) with food and wrote a blog that got her noticed.
People encouraged her to give them more, and I imagine she was pulled in by the attention, sycophants blowing smoke up her arse, date I say it MONEY and the narcissistic belief that actually, she did have a talent for this cooking malarkey.
However the ‘Insta and TV lives‘ lay bare her lack of enthusiasm (because food really isn’t her passion), her knowledge, as she’s never followed a food orientated career before this and ability to pass on really useful tips and suggestions. Because she lacks all of these, she will always fall short. There’s nothing more seductive than listening and watching someone who fully is passionate and knowledgeable about their craft. Look at Andi yesterday, she was engaging, mesmerising and you know you could have chatted and listened to her all afternoon and she wouldn’t have run out of fascinating recipes, ideas, tales of her culinary past. By comparison that’s why JM said “ I’ll just stand here making silly faces’ and couldn’t engage, recount or connect with the passion or knowledge base she in AO (or of any of the other Food writers/presenters she’s worked with).

I did my gig for several years, and most of what I presented was my area of expertise and those sessions felt great to do. But I still can feel the anxiety of doing a botched job and when I watch JM, it triggers those feelings again.
Most people have a bit of ‘imposter syndrome’ and I felt like I was going to get found out at some point. Which is why I feel JM is so bloody aggressive into any negative feedback as it holds a mirror up to her to show we can see what she’s trying to hide. She doesn’t want to hear or see it, as she’s riding a wave and making money (I know she works 29hour days, so deserves every penny of her living wage😉) So she’ll continue to surround herself with false sycophants, believe the hype, and create excuse, after excuse for her piss poor performance. Until the work dries up and someone else is flavour of the month.
This is all purely my opinion and speculation mi Lord 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 41

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
I keep thinking about this...
Screenshot_20200614_115812.jpg

and something about it makes me feel uncomfortable in a power/control kind of way 😕 Wanting someone to be dependant on you for food 🤔 I don't know, I'm thinking aloud here but something about it seems wrong.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40

Aquamarina

Chatty Member
Hello you lovely cabal of fellow ‘trolls‘ 😂 I’m an infrequent poster but regular lurker. I’d just like to echo the love to @Begborrowsteal, your ex sounds like a shitebag of the highest order and I’m so sorry you’ve had such a crappy time dealing with his shit. We all have your back here and are always here to listen whenever you’d like to vent.
Aside from that, do keep up the highly entertaining work ladies. We’re not bad for a bunch of beef-faced, incel bitches are we? 🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Haha

Spanner

Chatty Member
So the night of grenfell she had the presence of mind to be downloading plans and was writing an unpublished article and was also on the ground volunteering. BUSY
She’s ex-fire brigade remember? The chief officer probably has a bat phone to get straight through to her in times of national emergency. Just a giant “J” in the sky over Essex

• Haha
  • Heart

MancBee

VIP Member
...the cheating was much worse than I thought. Im devastated. Absolutely devastated. 💔
That is awful, so sorry for you. I am sure your emotions are all over the place. Lockdown will no doubt amplify those feelings. A real shit thing to happen yo you. Hopefully you will at some time in the future see that he did you a favour, when you have found someone that loves you.

Oh ... don’t know what to say except men are just pigs. They are a different race most of them. I’m so sorry.
Please don't say that. Men aren't pigs. Some men do shitty things, some men are horrible. Some women too. Hopefully one day Begborrowsteal will find a good one, they do exist.

• Heart

busylass

Chatty Member
Sorry if I sound harsh here. But if she got a 5 figure sum for the Hellmans gig and very well paid for the daily kitchen gig. Why is she still taking money from her fans? I actually couldn’t believe it when she started selling pictures on twitter. She’s got a decent amount of money salted away clearly. If she ever fell on hard times she would need to do what other people do in these cases. Claim universal credit. If she wants to keep her website going then she should pay for it herself.

There are a few people who have made thousands and more on twitter. Some by pleading poverty. It’s wrong. She’s not poor, nowhere near it. She was poor ten years ago and yes being in poverty leaves you with a feeling that you don’t want to go back there. But it’s not up to her fans to pay her bills.

And the I’ve done loads of stuff for free line doesn’t wash with me either. I know lots of people who have.

It’s absolutely obscene to be paid five figure sums for a few weeks work. More than some people live on in a year (me included) and still expect fans to subsidise you.
This is what I've been trying to say about her for many threads but you've put it better! She has been poor and in poverty. She isn't now. I'm so sick of the I'm still poor, living pay check to pay check with the worry of where my next job is coming from. You know what Jack, so are lots of us! Fixed term contracts, the car breaking or the roof leaking are worries lots of us live with. I'm not poor but I'm not rich. I have to budget and have very very little disposable income. I have a mortgage (fancy) but I was in a position to get it and it's cheaper than renting. But I live in a TINY house not in the area I'd like to live because I can't afford it-rented or mortgage. I don't have the luxury of paying myself the living wage because actually, I couldn't afford to live on it. Unless I was working 27 hours a day. And I would wager that every one of Jack's cooking peers put out free content because that's how they increase their engagement and sell their books. JO has been brilliant in this recently and his website is amazing. Where are all these recipes that Jack creates? Surely not all will go in a book so why not put some on the site. They never materialise. What about some guest recipes from cooks like Alexis? I'm so sick of the poor bellyaching. Who else in the public eye constantly tells you how poor they are or what shit book deals they've got? It's embarrassing. I've said it before but she could do so much good with moving on from it and accepting that she's no longer in that place but she can still stay true to her cause and beliefs. And if what she's doing doesn't pay the bills, find another job. That's what everyone else does.

Yikes, sorry for the essay but I feel better now.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

PennyLoafer

Chatty Member
I don't know about you guys but I'm suddenly feeling pretty good about myself. Of all the daft and regrettable things I've done in my life, I've never posed in my gran's shapewear, looking murderous and hollow-eyed, and shared the photos with over 278,000 people for validation.

It would be refreshing if she just came out and said something like 'hey everyone, I need an ego boost. Tell me I look great, please!'. But when she pulls stunts like this, she always implies that it's connected to some mysterious project in the pipeline. There is never any project.

She's lost several hundred followers in the last week or so. What a way to get the numbers up.

Screenshot 2020-06-13 at 14.14.44.png

Sorry to disappoint you, Jude the Lewd, but this is Jack previewing the ensemble she's going to wear for next week's children's food episode of Leftover Larder.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
I think you are mistaking the meaning behind my post. Though high rise living for families doesn't seem a problem in many cultures in cities across the globe.

JM is blaming racism for the Grenfell Tower disaster (to be fair to her, the same as many others). The fire could just as easily happened in one of the many tower blocks in Salford, with predominantly white residents. In fact there had been fires and concerns had been raised. And we are still living in flats covered in the stuff!

This is not a racist issue, it is not even a poverty issue (there are high end flats in Salford covered in the stuff). It is about failure of the safety standards which ultimately lies at the feet of the government.

But JM has to jump on the populist bandwagon to gain validation of her white saviour status. She worked for the fire service, for a couple of years (answering the phones for fucks sake) so she is an expert. Don't bother with an enquiry, just ask her, she knows everything about it. She's even got a copy of the plans, which I am sure she has a full understanding of too.
I lived near Grenfell, I struggle to believe it wasnt about poverty/class/race. If the residents were held in higher regard, I believe the works would have been done and the conditions would have been much better.

Binge, abstain, repeat. I feel you 🤦❤
I almost slipped back after the lying bastard, 2 bottles a night for a week. But ive put a stop to it and ive reached out for support

• Heart

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
You only write ‘the smile is fake’ if you want the usual Facebook response of ‘aw what’s up hun’. For Jack to then reply ‘not writing it on ere. PM me bbz too many cabals of trolls out there’

It’s the definition of attention seeking. She’s a mess, god knows what any partnerships are going to think of this latest attention seeking outburst.

• Haha
  • Wow

AmTellinYa

Chatty Member
Slightly off topic but as a fairly infrequent poster (though that seems to be changing) I just wanted to let you hausfraus know how wonderful I think you all are - as someone who struggles with MH issues (I actually think it's quite telling that a lot of us on this thread suffer, and were originally fans of Jack but got disillusioned) it's really helped me to see people from all walks of life come together online and be so supportive. I genuinely think if Jack looked a bit deeper rather than just screaming 'TROLLS!' she would really benefit from being part of such a lovely community. Big love to everyone! X
Couldn't agree more with this. I came to Tattle after an influencer had a meltdown over the site being full of vile bullies (not Jack) and I was surprised to find a thread for her as I had always liked her, my eyes were well and truly opened! But more than that I was amazed at how lovely and supportive and warm and just fabulous the people on this particular thread of posts are. I'm glad I'm a nosey bitch because I wouldn't have found you lovely group if I wasn't!

• Heart

no-no

VIP Member
Wow! “And on the subject of Grenfell, let’s talk about ME and my sobriety”.

And what things does she “get done” exactly? She can’t even boil spaghetti. She’s loathsome.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 37

Silver Linings

VIP Member
Thanks to @Blurp for the thread title.

Sorry if i’ve done a chaos, hausfraus. I thought i’d have a go at doing a new thread when it’s not zooming past at a rate of knots. Followed all the rules and while Blurp’s suggestion technically didn’t say thread # it was the most liked. Night, gang. (Morning, Jack)

• Heart
  • Haha

lipsticktaser

VIP Member
Finically caught up. Been a tad busy. Little lipstick taser had to go to A&E after a nasty skateboard fall. All good though, only thing with lasting damage is her pride.

These pictures make me feel so uncomfortable. The only thing I can align them to is the pictures of the girls forces into sex work. Forced to look provocative but the have that look in their eyes.
JM looked 100% times sexier in that pic of her pulling her curl out.
I’m not going to comment on her body, or even her looks. But the clothing ... it’s terrible. Sexy pic? Whack on your Burberry coat with a bra.
I think the fact that’s she’s not of sound mind makes them so uncomfortable.
She’s going to regret this, it’s going to affect future brand partnerships.
Sex sells, desperation doesn’t.
She really needs to start looking after herself. I hope her son is being supported.

• Sad
  • Heart

Harrybosch

VIP Member
Absolutely but it "boils my piss" that my immunocompromised little cousin who can't have vaccines for medical reasons has to rely on herd immunity and the goodwill that the majority of people are vaccinated, and there's people going around saying they're not vegan when the Vegan society allows them. That is very dangerous indeed.

A friend of mine almost died from measles about 5 years ago. Vaccines and the diseases they protect us from need to be taken seriously.
I agree with you 100% and I'm vegan. I want to cause no harm, that includes no harm to humans. Gelatin and egg is used in vaccines because it's plentiful and cheap. I disagree with using animal products, but I'd much rather campaign for vaccines that don't contain animal products than not having my kids vaccinated.
As vegans, we make compromise all the time. I eat grains. Many small mammals and birds die during the harvest. To me, that is acceptable because I need to eat something and no one actively set out to kill these animals. There's a clear moral difference to me. Being vegan is not a purity cult.

• Heart

MarmiteExtract

VIP Member
She never talks about Matt in normal professional terms, like “Fantastic chef” or “great guy” or anything run of the mill. It’s always “love the absolute bones” or “would walk through fire for him” type stuff (I’m paraphrasing that last one, your honour, as I can’t be arsed to go back to thread #3 and check her exact words).

Imagine gushing like that over a colleague you worked with for less than a fortnight.

• Haha
  • Heart

FitiverMin

Chatty Member
Jack has manipulated her audience for sure but I wish people would stop diagnosing her with BPD. I have the disorder and, although we’re all individuals, I’d never project such an egotistical image to anyone, nor do I believe those with BPD are narcissistic. It hurts.

• Heart

LavaFlake

VIP Member
Vaccines contain animal ingredients bascclly.

I Googled it long ago too lol.

They still aren't vegan.

Lot of people are not vaccinated for many beliefs and reasons. My family included.
They are not compulsory.

Gp have forms to fill out etc
Absolutely but it "boils my piss" that my immunocompromised little cousin who can't have vaccines for medical reasons has to rely on herd immunity and the goodwill that the majority of people are vaccinated, and there's people going around saying they're not vegan when the Vegan society allows them. That is very dangerous indeed.

A friend of mine almost died from measles about 5 years ago. Vaccines and the diseases they protect us from need to be taken seriously.

• Heart
  • Sad