Jack Monroe #26 Jack be bitter, Jack be quick, Jack stop being such a dick.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe we could split the threads between the active members and gather relevant material to update the Lime Goss article which we could post at the top of each new thread?
I'm happy to do a thread or two over the weekend.
to be fair, @GrunkaLunka you have the most recent knowledge of past threads 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Jack has manipulated her audience for sure but I wish people would stop diagnosing her with BPD. I have the disorder and, although we’re all individuals, I’d never project such an egotistical image to anyone, nor do I believe those with BPD are narcissistic. It hurts.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Love it! Is she responding to us with the pallet of mayo comment? I feel she's reaching out to us from the other side, much like the voice. 'You're on and we're here, Jack!'

Also, what is the new format? Have I missed something? It was always her rambling, the eye of Sauron and a much more competent guest.

View attachment 152557
Maybe the new format is turning off comments and only having approved Hellman’s employees viewer queries. I wish hitting my stride at work meant being paid at least £10k to make a sandwich.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I wish it was easy to cut and go. Im really torn with head & heart. He has a lot of issues he has ignored since being a teen, and he sporadically hits the self destruct button. I dont want to be the emotional punchbag though! Im eager to hear what he says. What shite he comes out with!
I was going to post something about JM, but before I do, just wanted to add my 2p's worth on the above...my Ex cheated on me with a revolting (in every way) person, who contacted me to give me graphic details about it all. The physical and emotional pain it caused me was horrendous. But he made me believe that this was no worse than the pain he was in (partly caused by me, he said). He also has a lot of major issues (ongoing daily suicidal ideation for 25+ years, that kind of thing) and so I gave him another chance. I definitely don't regret it BUT predictably he still fucked it up again, although this time by being aggressive with me rather than failing to keep his fairly average - despite what his OW told him - dick in his pants. We are finally done now and it actually feels like a weight has been lifted :)

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Been busy with work these past few weeks so just been reading these threads on and off when I’ve time (bloody hell how fast do these pages fill up! ) Apologies for the length of my post too, but had to get this off my chest.

I watched the insta live yesterday 🙈. The contrast between JM and Andi Oliver is clearly passion and knowledge about food (oh and a sprinkle of charisma on AO part) It reminds me of my own situation. Whilst working part time when my kids were little, my friend encouraged me to help out delivering some training sessions to earn extra cash for three or four sessions a year. Although I have the skills for the role and felt reasonably ok doing it, the subject matter wasn’t always my knowledge base. I had to design and deliver full day workshops.

When I had to deliver the sessions where I felt I had a really limited amount of knowledge, I was so anxious, and the sessions were torturous (in my mind I might add, just to salvage some respect. It was never a tit show like JM has produced, and my feedback sheets the company returned were always positive 😜) but in the sense that I hated the feeling of not having a real understanding about the subject. I would look online at YouTube presenters, speaking effortlessly, passionately, in an engaging way about a subject, because it was their work, their interest, they’ve spent years doing it. I was being a charlatan, swotting up and gleaming information second hand from loads of online sources journals and books.

Which is what I see when I look at JM. She fell into this gig by accident. She was good at making ends meet, being ‘ingenious‘ (used loosely 😂) with food and wrote a blog that got her noticed.
People encouraged her to give them more, and I imagine she was pulled in by the attention, sycophants blowing smoke up her arse, date I say it MONEY and the narcissistic belief that actually, she did have a talent for this cooking malarkey.
However the ‘Insta and TV lives‘ lay bare her lack of enthusiasm (because food really isn’t her passion), her knowledge, as she’s never followed a food orientated career before this and ability to pass on really useful tips and suggestions. Because she lacks all of these, she will always fall short. There’s nothing more seductive than listening and watching someone who fully is passionate and knowledgeable about their craft. Look at Andi yesterday, she was engaging, mesmerising and you know you could have chatted and listened to her all afternoon and she wouldn’t have run out of fascinating recipes, ideas, tales of her culinary past. By comparison that’s why JM said “ I’ll just stand here making silly faces’ and couldn’t engage, recount or connect with the passion or knowledge base she in AO (or of any of the other Food writers/presenters she’s worked with).

I did my gig for several years, and most of what I presented was my area of expertise and those sessions felt great to do. But I still can feel the anxiety of doing a botched job and when I watch JM, it triggers those feelings again.
Most people have a bit of ‘imposter syndrome’ and I felt like I was going to get found out at some point. Which is why I feel JM is so bloody aggressive into any negative feedback as it holds a mirror up to her to show we can see what she’s trying to hide. She doesn’t want to hear or see it, as she’s riding a wave and making money (I know she works 29hour days, so deserves every penny of her living wage😉) So she’ll continue to surround herself with false sycophants, believe the hype, and create excuse, after excuse for her piss poor performance. Until the work dries up and someone else is flavour of the month.
This is all purely my opinion and speculation mi Lord 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I’ve just caught up on all of this. What a humongous dick. She really has the ego the size of her - er - bungalow. Is she still a self confessed alcoholic? Her behaviour would seem entirely consistent with that of a navel gazing, self centred addict.

Reactions: 8
Been busy with work these past few weeks so just been reading these threads on and off when I’ve time (bloody hell how fast do these pages fill up! ) Apologies for the length of my post too, but had to get this off my chest.

I watched the insta live yesterday 🙈. The contrast between JM and Andi Oliver is clearly passion and knowledge about food (oh and a sprinkle of charisma on AO part) It reminds me of my own situation. Whilst working part time when my kids were little, my friend encouraged me to help out delivering some training sessions to earn extra cash for three or four sessions a year. Although I have the skills for the role and felt reasonably ok doing it, the subject matter wasn’t always my knowledge base. I had to design and deliver full day workshops.

When I had to deliver the sessions where I felt I had a really limited amount of knowledge, I was so anxious, and the sessions were torturous (in my mind I might add, just to salvage some respect. It was never a tit show like JM has produced, and my feedback sheets the company returned were always positive 😜) but in the sense that I hated the feeling of not having a real understanding about the subject. I would look online at YouTube presenters, speaking effortlessly, passionately, in an engaging way about a subject, because it was their work, their interest, they’ve spent years doing it. I was being a charlatan, swotting up and gleaming information second hand from loads of online sources journals and books.

Which is what I see when I look at JM. She fell into this gig by accident. She was good at making ends meet, being ‘ingenious‘ (used loosely 😂) with food and wrote a blog that got her noticed.
People encouraged her to give them more, and I imagine she was pulled in by the attention, sycophants blowing smoke up her arse, date I say it MONEY and the narcissistic belief that actually, she did have a talent for this cooking malarkey.
However the ‘Insta and TV lives‘ lay bare her lack of enthusiasm (because food really isn’t her passion), her knowledge, as she’s never followed a food orientated career before this and ability to pass on really useful tips and suggestions. Because she lacks all of these, she will always fall short. There’s nothing more seductive than listening and watching someone who fully is passionate and knowledgeable about their craft. Look at Andi yesterday, she was engaging, mesmerising and you know you could have chatted and listened to her all afternoon and she wouldn’t have run out of fascinating recipes, ideas, tales of her culinary past. By comparison that’s why JM said “ I’ll just stand here making silly faces’ and couldn’t engage, recount or connect with the passion or knowledge base she in AO (or of any of the other Food writers/presenters she’s worked with).

I did my gig for several years, and most of what I presented was my area of expertise and those sessions felt great to do. But I still can feel the anxiety of doing a botched job and when I watch JM, it triggers those feelings again.
Most people have a bit of ‘imposter syndrome’ and I felt like I was going to get found out at some point. Which is why I feel JM is so bloody aggressive into any negative feedback as it holds a mirror up to her to show we can see what she’s trying to hide. She doesn’t want to hear or see it, as she’s riding a wave and making money (I know she works 29hour days, so deserves every penny of her living wage😉) So she’ll continue to surround herself with false sycophants, believe the hype, and create excuse, after excuse for her piss poor performance. Until the work dries up and someone else is flavour of the month.
This is all purely my opinion and speculation mi Lord 🥰

Reactions: 7
How weird! Not on mine
It’s because you’re on 1%!! How can you have your battery at 1%!!

Jack has manipulated her audience for sure but I wish people would stop diagnosing her with BPD. I have the disorder and, although we’re all individuals, I’d never project such an egotistical image to anyone, nor do I believe those with BPD are narcissistic. It hurts.
@FitiverMin going by your username I reckon we must come from the same neck of the woods....🤔

Well I’m completed Grunka’d! When I logged on it didn’t look like there were that many more pages...there was another thread!! As if there wouldn’t be fuel for at least 30 pages!

it’s been said before, she wants to think we’re all horrible trolls and she would like other people to agree with her. But the genuine warmth shown to fellow Tattlers on these threads is awesome. Wayyyyy more awesome than a tofu sandwich or a fancy rowing machine or a tweet from Nigella. I may even say more awesome than Matt’s forearms...

I’m sending love to everyone with sore hearts today. When I stop and think about it, I remember that I really don’t know any of you but I hate the thought of any of you going through tit ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I think the issue is. Underplaying when she’s being a twit. For example. People on here expressing an opinion = bullies. Her being a horror = snarky.

I got that from one of the goons harassing me on twitter

And I quote ‘I try not to be directly insulting unless someone upsets me or a loved one’
I must have imagined the scores of tweets calling me names.
As we say up here ‘Did ye aye’

I’ve said things to people on twitter I absolutely regret but I apologised and I meant it. There comes a time where you need to own it and stop hiding behind issues. Say sorry. Mean it. Move on.

Own your own bullshit basically.

I feel sorry for jack in the respect that she’s just split up with a long term partner and that’s about it.

She’s not the only person who has lived in poverty. I live in a poor area and there’s a community group feeding people just now. Giving out sanitary products, I’ve used the service but only because I know they have enough to go round. I wouldn’t use it if someone worse off than me needed it.

There are toy drives in my area af Christmas as well. I’m sure that’s replicated all over the Uk. That is people queuing for toys for their kids at Christmas otherwise they wouldn’t have any.

It really cheeses me off that she gives out the impression that she’s still skint when she clearly is nothing of the sort.

Sometimes people don’t like what they see when people challenge them and that’s when they start making noises about legal action.

A man who spread loads of lies about me on twitter said if I ever go back on he will deal with me through malicious communications. I’ve never lied about him in my life. Other way round.

This strikes me as much the same thing. Good stare into own void needed.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
The 'new format' is just the format it should have had from the start, in that there is some planning and structure in it. Either she over promised her skills to Hellmans and they left her to it the first two weeks. Or Hellmans had never watched her cook on film before booking her, otherwise they'd have known she needs a lot of hand holding to come across as barely competent.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.