Jack Monroe #259 “I’m alright Jack” Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haven’t caught up so sorry if this has been posted but some squig has suggested buying a photograph of some soaked beans. Give me strength.
Such bullshit arselicking.
If this is not the empirical evidence of the woeful state of NHS mental health services… WT literal F is wrong with these people?

I spent alot of my mispent youth around that area as I went to studied in Belfast. Many many years ago it was now. So I knew all the scenes well.

parents are still Cavehill based. I loved the film, although was hugely offended at it being subtitled at my viewing 😡. But particularly loved seeing the riot in the tiny Stewart’s supermarket— that brought back a few memories of the pre Tesco days…. 💕

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Been away for a while. Lured back by the recent Monroe saviour of Asda shoppers coverage. Been catching up on the last few threads. JFCOAB she's just so inept at everything. Even beans. Jack Monroe: Bean (in)expert

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I think it’s a dormer bungalow. If it’s like my house (not a dormer bungalow just an odd design) the upstairs is in the eves but there’s a ceiling which cuts off the pointy bit at the top from view. We have a tiny loft with a hatch like that, you can’t store anything in there it’s just access to the wiring.
It isn't. It's a purpose built 3 bedroom possibly Victorian house.
The main bedroom covers half of the footprint of the house. It is very pretty and has stain glass windows and a lovely staircase.

Easy enough to check insulation, those who know the address can look up the EPC which is a requirement for renting...I think it's been one since she's been in that place. Or is that getting too stalkery?

When I was house hunting I got very good at finding out all sorts about houses for sale!!
Oooooh, just checked.
Fine until Jan 2029

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
It isn't. It's a purpose built 3 bedroom possibly Victorian house.
The main bedroom covers half of the footprint of the house. It is very pretty and has stain glass windows and a lovely staircase.

Oooooh, just checked.
Fine until Jan 2029
Thank you for explaining that, I’m sure I’d seen it described as a dormer bungalow. It sounds like a ridiculous house for one adult and a child half (?) the week.

Reactions: 25
I think the degree was/is a lie. I reckon someone in her rehab group was doing it and Jack copied them. She probably looked into it but of course got bored as it required effort out of the public eye.
I think that even the most cursory glance at her textbooks showed her that the bollocks she continually spouts about providing “nutritious” recipes for ThePoors is sooo off that it pierced even her bubble of braggadocio, so it will never be mentioned again: 32 calories of mung beans; 15p sausages. All recipes triple checked by a nutritionist. No need to check it’s all one and done. She is GRIM.

back to my grunk

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Morning ninnies. All I can say is thank god for this thread. I thought I could do without you all (deleted my old account at the height of the Jackopalypse) but you are my reassurance I am not going completely mad. A safe space.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
P
Whom can they be referring to? 🤔View attachment 1072990
This has hit the spot.

It's not just about value food, but helping the lowest earners get into a position financially where they can at the very least afford to pay their bills without literally bankrupting themselves.

It's not about Starbucks coffees, or takeaways, it's about being able to get a job after any form of education and being able to life financially stable. With their foot perhaps on the property ladder or affordable rent, bills at a stable rate that people won't have to choose between heating or eating.

There's so much more that needs to be acknowledged regarding people in poverty. Value beans is a very very small fish in a vast pond of slop!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
There are a group collecting slow cookers to give out at food banks. One of the ways they are raising money is living off a UC budget and donating the difference. Seems to have ruffled lots of feathers.
Aha. I asked people to donate slow cookers last Nov. They bought & posted them to me. No need to play poverty games.

P

This has hit the spot.

It's not just about value food, but helping the lowest earners get into a position financially where they can at the very least afford to pay their bills without literally bankrupting themselves.

It's not about Starbucks coffees, or takeaways, it's about being able to get a job after any form of education and being able to life financially stable. With their foot perhaps on the property ladder or affordable rent, bills at a stable rate that people won't have to choose between heating or eating.

There's so much more that needs to be acknowledged regarding people in poverty. Value beans is a very very small fish in a vast pond of slop!
100% this!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Thank you for explaining that, I’m sure I’d seen it described as a dormer bungalow. It sounds like a ridiculous house for one adult and a child half (?) the week.
This is the woman who previously claims to have lived in a 'luxury executive apartment' with 3 showers. Jack does describe the (beautiful, spacious) house as a 'crappy bungalow' too, but, being hopeless at that kind of thing, I've never actually 🔺 myself. The photos alone show it to be huge though.

Reactions: 37
This is the woman who previously claims to have lived in a 'luxury executive apartment' with 3 showers. Jack does describe the (beautiful, spacious) house as a 'crappy bungalow' too, but, being hopeless at that kind of thing, I've never actually 🔺 myself. The photos alone show it to be huge though.
Oh I’ve looked and looked. I know the style but all I just keep seeing on Google earth are all the swimming pools in this impoverished area of Southend, no skips in drives.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
FFS the Guardian online is a free newspaper, Wikipedia is a whole free encyclopaedia, it’s so not the same ya prune.

@Veronicaaa thank you for the timeline cleanser, listening now, what a beautiful, dreamy song.
But isn't this just the best example of Monroe's inflated ego - when trying to offer comparable examples to the 'work' she does, she immediately comes up with The Guardian and Wikipedia? - She is a real-life David Brent in my mind, no question.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I’m almost longing for the days of fascist merch peddler Jack. Tip jar rattler and bean abuser Jack makes me want to napalm Southend.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I’m almost longing for the days of fascist merch peddler Jack. Tip jar rattler and bean abuser Jack makes me want to napalm Southend.
If we've just had a visit from Eunice, Storm Geetbo can't be far off.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
But isn't this just the best example of Monroe's inflated ego - when trying to offer comparable examples to the 'work' she does, she immediately comes up with The Guardian and Wikipedia? - She is a real-life David Brent in my mind, no question.
It's just so blatant, is my issue. She thinks her 'work' is helping other The Poors, and she makes it clear that she thinks she's justified in profiting from it. Otherwise she'd just suggest donating money directly to the charity rather than posting her personal PayPal link 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I'm confused by all the references to the "crappy bungalow". I thought I had heard a few years back that Jack had bought a house on or close to the nice end of Southend seafront? Have I misremembered this or did she have to leave that house?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I'm confused by all the references to the "crappy bungalow". I thought I had heard a few years back that Jack had bought a house on or close to the nice end of Southend seafront? Have I misremembered this or did she have to leave that house?
She RENTS a very nice house which Jack referred to as "a crappy bungalow" in order to make herself sound less well off than she is and keep those donations rolling in.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
Whom can they be referring to? 🤔View attachment 1072990
Wasn't Jack going to 'strongly reccommend' ubi, when she was sitting on some Tory committee?

Although I think most of the schemes of us have only been partially successful, in that the recipients are happier, but it doesn’t increase engagement, eg gaining employment..

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.