Jack Monroe #259 “I’m alright Jack” Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh this is amazing. Excellent job educating yourself - you must be as excited as we are for the Violent Beanfarts Index??
I am breathless with anticipation. The Methodology section should be unlike anything I have ever seen. I truly cannot wait for her to release it for peer review.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Gogglebox on C4 (anyone know any exec types there?) just mentioned inflation and the impact on low incomes. No mention of Jack or the Vexed Bean Index
I was owl champagne at the "it's not all about you, you know!" comment. About jam, of all things.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Some of us OAPs might just take exception to this… bloody cheek! 😳
A thousand apologies Betty. I am of course referring to the penshies of my youth. Scone shoes, weird hats and odd jars were their signature.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Do you know which Billy (other than our beloved macropixie Bellend, obvs) would never stoop so low as to sing with Jack? Billy Idol.

Tonight a little grifter a-came griftin to my door
Tonight a little grifter was clawing at the floor
She said 'I've got COVID, this pigeon's a glove
And I need more money, I haven't enough'
Because

In the midnight hour
She cried poor, poor, poor
With a tin rattle
She cried more, more, more
Wowwwwwww

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Do you know which Billy (other than our beloved macropixie Bellend, obvs) would never stoop so low as to sing with Jack? Billy Idol.

Because

In the midnight hour
With a tin rattle
Wowwwwwww
THREAD NOMINATION...

'She cried poor, poor, poor..'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

Because

In the midnight hour
With a tin rattle
Wowwwwwww
👏🏻🤖👏🏻

Us re. Nigella, “See, Billy Idol gets it, I don’t know why she doesn’t get it”.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I very much resent her trying to compare herself to Wikipedia, which I personally have a monthly donation to because it is such a universal goddamn bleeping internet treasure. While she doesn't even know what beans are which. MAYBE YOU NEED TO USE WIKIPEDIA YOURSELF MORE OFTEN JACK.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
I very much resent her trying to compare herself to Wikipedia, which I personally have a monthly donation to because it is such a universal goddamn bleeping internet treasure. While she doesn't even know what beans are which. MAYBE YOU NEED TO USE WIKIPEDIA YOURSELF MORE OFTEN JACK.
Thread title nomination: Jack Monroe 260: doesn't even know what beans are which.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
A thousand apologies Betty. I am of course referring to the penshies of my youth. Scone shoes, weird hats and odd jars were their signature.
I do actually like lemon curd and I have several weird hats though ….😂

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Has she done anything fun with SB this week over half term? Nope, just beans and tit talk.

I'm so glad the lad lives in a normal home with his dad.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I tell ya now, if I was her landlord and she rang me about that hatch, having missed her rent payment I’d be giving her a round of fucks! Just pop it back in place you absolute walloping buffoon.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Has nobody else on the Internet noticed her tirade of abuse about Jamie Oliver? She’s like some bitter ex or something - she can’t keep any goodwill up for long, and turns back to nasty abuse when riled. Whatever anyone thinks of Jamie, he’s done more for the vulnerable of this country in terms of food and eating habits, than she keeps pretending to have done. He’s made a tonne of money, but he has managed to consistently campaign for change to the way people supply, eat, and grow food for years without making himself into a sad little victim. That’s why Jack is so incredibly bitter, because he’s done more, and he seems to actually be happy.
Absolutely this! AND he has worked his arse off and knows what he is talking about - and his recipes actually work and taste of something other than rinsed beans or spaghetti hoops!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
I have no idea who Wendy is, but is she suggesting that people went round her house and threatened her to make her start grifting?

And do you know what really boils my beans? So called budget chefs who don't include the cost of fuel in their price calculations, or assume someone has move than one saucepan or has more than one hob or has access to a kitchen where they can while away the day slow drying mushrooms.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Is there anything more to Jack’s hatred of JO than him getting the C4 lockdown cooking show? It seems odd how she fawns over the overtly posho Nigella, who as far as I know hasn’t been involved in any kind of food campaigning, yet hates Jamie, whose background is much closer to hers and who has actually achieved some good.
Probably because he laid a claim to Southend with his Friday night show… a show that was RIGHTFULLY HERS as a local.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.