Jack Monroe #259 “I’m alright Jack” Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's just so blatant, is my issue. She thinks her 'work' is helping other The Poors, and she makes it clear that she thinks she's justified in profiting from it. Otherwise she'd just suggest donating money directly to the charity rather than posting her personal PayPal link 🤷‍♀️
I think that is how she has learned to do charity.
DEAD grandfather had 'Guest Houses' but I don't think they were the kind people went on holiday too.
I think they were the kind people on DHSS stayed in BUT had to be out between 9am and 5pm.
He earned from them.
They got a breakfast and a dinner but weren't homeless because he put a roof over their heads, except they WERE homeless.
I was put in a place very similar a long time ago and it was grim as duck. The fella running it was lauded as a big 'Charity' man.
It was bullshit and it was dangerous for a 17yr old girl.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 71
I wouldn't mind her making a living from her poverty work if she went about it the conventional way and churned out her recipie books, did cooking segments, even started a YouTube videos. All acceptable ways of earning cash, but literally stand with your hand out and say I need something help me get it with a PayPal link, is in my opinion horrible, asking the very people who follow her because they are poor for money to fund her is shocking. These people don't have 2d to rub together yet through being kind will give it to her, so she can allegedly waste it on tat to make her life meaningful in someway.

She claims the pay of author is pants, but how to others survive, perhaps if she applied herself and worked harder to produce decent content she would make enough of a name for herself as an author she could make a living. I know off an influencer currently a stay at home mum ( as such) who writes, as. A lovely home, not RENTED and she rarely does ad content.. so it can be done.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I wouldn't mind her making a living from her poverty work if she went about it the conventional way and churned out her recipie books, did cooking segments, even started a YouTube videos. All acceptable ways of earning cash, but literally stand with your hand out and say I need something help me get it with a PayPal link, is in my opinion horrible, asking the very people who follow her because they are poor for money to fund her is shocking. These people don't have 2d to rub together yet through being kind will give it to her, so she can allegedly waste it on tat to make her life meaningful in someway.

She claims the pay of author is pants, but how to others survive, perhaps if she applied herself and worked harder to produce decent content she would make enough of a name for herself as an author she could make a living. I know off an influencer currently a stay at home mum ( as such) who writes, as. A lovely home, not RENTED and she rarely does ad content.. so it can be done.
I don’t doubt she makes duck all from her tomes of slop tbf. The only cookbook less appealing would be “50 ways with cow pats” or something.

(Jack do not copy this idea.)

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I don’t doubt she makes duck all from her tomes of slop tbf. The only cookbook less appealing would be “50 ways with cow pats” or something.

(Jack do not copy this idea.)
One of those magazine competitions.. 'Animal Faeces or a Jack Monroe Dinner'

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
She'd definitely be making more from her books (how many is it now, she does really like to tell people that she's the 'bestselling author' of, like 7) if they were any good - you'd think with her following she'd manage to sell more but apparently the squigs aren't *that* daft. She earns the big bucks from the collabs and stuff. Her problem is, is that she's absolutely shite at everything she does so it's the law of diminishing returns. That doesn't mean to say the public - and as Lanie says, it's the poorer end of the spectrum she's trying to grift from - should have to pick up the slack every time she f*cks something up. She's the absolute definition of a bottom feeder.

Screenshot 2022-02-19 at 09.48.58.png

• Heart
Reactions: 46
She'd definitely be making more from her books (how many is it now, she does really like to tell people that she's the 'bestselling author' of, like 7) if they were any good - you'd think with her following she'd manage to sell more but apparently the squigs aren't *that* daft. She earns the big bucks from the collabs and stuff. Her problem is, is that she's absolutely shite at everything she does so it's the law of diminishing returns. That doesn't mean to say the public - and as Lanie says, it's the poorer end of the spectrum she's trying to grift from - should have to pick up the slack every time she f*cks something up. She's the absolute definition of a bottom feeder.

View attachment 1073101
She really is! Definitely a bottom feeder. Profiting off of others being poor and in a tit situation by pretending to be an activist for them. She did rather well in the end when covid/lockdown hit too 🙄

Nominating Jack Monroe - Bottom Feeder for thread title 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 56
What annoys me about the begging bowl is that the Squigs seem blissfully unaware of how fortunate Jack is and how much she pays in rent . She does not need to live in that massive property.
it’s why I don’t follow this thread much (or her) as she just irritates me.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Oh I’ve looked and looked. I know the style but all I just keep seeing on Google earth are all the swimming pools in this impoverished area of Southend, no skips in drives.
Like me you may not have realised there’s more than one landmark in Thorpe bay.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She really is! Definitely a bottom feeder. Profiting off of others being poor and in a tit situation by pretending to be an activist for them. She did rather well in the end when covid/lockdown hit too 🙄

Nominating Jack Monroe - Bottom Feeder for thread title 🥰
This is my main issue with her. She pretends to help by helping I mean tweeting and if it makes a ripple she gets told she's amazing. She's never actually out there lobbying the pm, MR was at his front door during the school dinner thing asking him to help him. She tweets Rish mate from her armchair, bed, shitter and cries about being left out of something she wasn't eligible for because she didn't meet the criteria.

She is nothing more that a partime activist, she only shows up with something happening, tries to shout the loudest and if it gives her a attention she's all, "look what I did for you"

I literally have no time for her activism, her food is foul, but I would have more time for her if that was all she was guilty off!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I think that is how she has learned to do charity.
DEAD grandfather had 'Guest Houses' but I don't think they were the kind people went on holiday too.
I think they were the kind people on DHSS stayed in BUT had to be out between 9am and 5pm.
He earned from them.
They got a breakfast and a dinner but weren't homeless because he put a roof over their heads, except they WERE homeless.
I was put in a place very similar a long time ago and it was grim as duck. The fella running it was lauded as a big 'Charity' man.
It was bullshit and it was dangerous for a 17yr old girl.
I remember Jack saying that her DEAD grandfather helped the homeless by housing them.

So I was assuming an especially grim HMO, overcrowded, rent up to maximum housing benefit, and a contract that said housing benefit paid directly to the landlord. But no food provided.

Which is far from Jack's sunny picture of popping round to her grandfather's guesthouses to earn a few quid by folding towels.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I remember Jack saying that her DEAD grandfather helped the homeless by housing them.

So I was assuming an especially grim HMO, overcrowded, rent up to maximum housing benefit, and a contract that said housing benefit paid directly to the landlord. But no food provided.

Which is far from Jack's sunny picture of popping round to her grandfather's guesthouses to earn a few quid by folding towels.
Exactly that kind of set-up.

Reactions: 25
Not one of my other cookery books have any advice as indispensable as this utter gem:
20220219_105657.jpg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.