Jack Monroe #259 “I’m alright Jack” Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really, really dislike the 'add lentils to something to bulk it out' advice that's forever coming from frugality bloggers. Lentils aren't neutral, they completely change the expected texture *and taste* . Not great for neurodiverse people, Jack!

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Baking power is not the same as soda bic/baking soda
Baking powder is Acid plus Alkali and sometimes cornstarch. It is a raising agent.

Baking Soda or Soda bic is just Alkali (the sodium bicarb).

Acid makes beans take longer/makes them harder.
Alkali makes them faster/less farty.

add both and it does duck ALL.

The easy way to tell them apart is they come in containers with the name on.

Apparently these white powders are not Jack's forte.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Again- absolute tosh. The NHS is on its knees. We don’t prescribe fish oil supplements. Suggest maybe but there’s not a practice out there that can afford to prescribe supplements to people who are more than able to pay for them.
It’s this sort of bollocks that makes me dislike her intensely, there are so many peoples lives that are crippled by arthritis whilst they sit on waiting lists for joint replacements.
I sometimes think I’m really horrible because I just can’t bring myself to feel sympathy for her but then I read this sort of self centred maudlin nonsense and remember that actually it’s her that’s horrible.☹
It’s Rheumatoid Arthritis she claims. A quick google says fish oil supplements do seem to reduce the inflammation and need for NSAIDs. Aka paracetamol/ibuprofen/aspirin and the like. Well I use those for pain and if someone suggested I start eating fisho products, I’d say no thanks I’ll keep on the paracetamol thx xoxo

I just want to come on Tattle one day and see that Jack’s cooked burger and chips for dinner. Just something that requires chewing. Is that too much to ask?
That actually happened and it was as sad and beige and tired as you might imagine

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
She didn’t get that essay in at the end of the first term 🤣
That was my first thought. She got kicked off the course for not handing in her assignments (too BUSY singlehandedly eradicating world poverty) and is now trying to save face by saying it's been put back a year. The squigs will forget all about it by the next fart's end and she'll never mention it again. That was probably one of the six major life disasters she claimed to have suffered in 48 hours 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 50
No proof obviously, but you just know she never sent that box of books. Did she send it tracked? Signed for even? Nothing? No monetary value then? Nothing to protect herself or the receiver incase of loss? bleeping ridiculous liar

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 58
No proof obviously, but you just know she never sent that box of books. Did she send it tracked? Signed for even? Nothing? No monetary value then? Nothing to protect herself or the receiver incase of loss? bleeping ridiculous liar
Imagine what would have happened if she has bothered to get the ebay/depop stuff done. None of it would have been sent! (Clearly an admin task too much for Jack)

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Please correct me if I've misremembered this because it's from the hazy days before I discovered Tattle...

Didn't Jack join in the pile on of That Man and his jerk recipe, because she was so outraged that he had kept the name of a recipe that's from a specific culture even after he'd adapted the recipe? So how come it's OK for Jack to use terms like "ratatouille" and "cassoulet" for dishes that are very much not those things? Adapting things without renaming them is either OK or it isn't.

The hypocrisy is evident, even without opening up the can of slop worms regarding how insensitive it may be to other cultures to suggest that all meats/pulses/spices/herbs/fruits are the same.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
Friends, I'm on a grunk because I have been BUSY (painting walls, it's been boring as tit) but what the duck (sorry MancBee) is the situation with these beans? I can't make heads or tails of what kind they are, why they look like that, how she's managed to make something that soaked overnight look so DRY.

The beans are my Vietnam this thread. Heaven preserve me.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I can't believe Bean Jack of all the Jacks is the one tipping me over the edge.

A proper portion of cooked pulses is 80g, not 75g.

If you are the average adult human and not a smol pixie with a massive rack, even 80g is not enough beans.

Dried beans don't go squishy after an overnight soak, especially if you put baking powder in with them.

Once again, C-A-N-N-E-L-L-I-N-I for bleeping duck's saaaaaaaaaaaaake 😩

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
That was my first thought. She got kicked off the course for not handing in her assignments (too BUSY singlehandedly eradicating world poverty) and is now trying to save face by saying it's been put back a year. The squigs will forget all about it by the next fart's end and she'll never mention it again. That was probably one of the six major life disasters she claimed to have suffered in 48 hours 😏
As much as I would like this to be true, I've worked in universities for a long time 🔺 and you get the chance to submit any missed work at the end of the academic year with a capped result, unless you apply for mitigating circumstances (missing deadlines due to all the media attention and "working" 18 hours days would not be an acceptable excuse for most universities at least) so my guess is she decided it was all too difficult for a smol pixie and interrupted. Whether she starts again in September remains to be seen.

Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.