Jack Monroe #259 “I’m alright Jack” Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Recommended protein intake varies according to weight. For example, a 60kg female should have around 48g of protein a day.

30g of mung beans will give you a whopping 2,1g, or 4% of your RDA.

RDA for fibre is 30g. The mung beans will give you 2,3g of that, or a bit less than 8%.

While we're here, I'd like to remind you all that Jack started her veganism doing Veganuary, and in mid-February that year judged a non-vegan baking contest. 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Didn't Jack join in the pile on of That Man and his jerk recipe, because she was so outraged that he had kept the name of a recipe that's from a specific culture even after he'd adapted the recipe
think that was the jollof rice. as in, when she had her hissy fit over JO's lockdown show being commissioned, she rent apart all her cans and declared, "it's jollof rice all over again" until she was given dkl

Was this not the one she said she would send them several slow cookers and books? can't find on twitter now
slow cooker appeal was different to the rural coffee caravan. it was the rural coffee caravan here who have said they never received the books she "sent"

honestly, it's no wonder her local post office barred her, given how often her stuff goes astray

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Sorry, perhaps I'm being as dense as a peach drizzle cake but how the HECK can a recipe method be precocious? And why is half the recipe instructions on how to rinse tinned steak?

The word beefyboozy :sick:
Smooth sauce base :sick:
Swollen lentils :sick:
Wine dregs :sick:
Nursery food :sick:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
That was my first thought. She got kicked off the course for not handing in her assignments (too BUSY singlehandedly eradicating world poverty) and is now trying to save face by saying it's been put back a year. The squigs will forget all about it by the next fart's end and she'll never mention it again. That was probably one of the six major life disasters she claimed to have suffered in 48 hours 😏
Sorry a bit behind, but sounds like an Open Uni degree. You can defer your modules for years (you have about 12 years for a course at max) and if it's her first degree she'd get a student loan and wouldn't need to pay back for a few years or ever if income low enough 🤨 . They are very supportive of deferring if having issues and I could rather uncharitable-ly speculate that if maybe a first assignment came back with a little less than ideal marks or the dawning of how much hard work it really is....

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
think that was the jollof rice. as in, when she had her hissy fit over JO's lockdown show being commissioned, she rent apart all her cans and declared, "it's jollof rice all over again" until she was given dkl
Oh yes, I was getting my JO controversies mixed up. He used to be the most irritating cook that I was aware of...I miss those days.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
At the time it read like something she plucked out of thin air for the end of the Diva.pdf to give a 'look at me now' ending to the interview. The lies are just non-stop at this point

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
ok, so, you're feeding 4-6 people with one tin of stewed steak, half of which you've just poured down the sink?! (and, thus, contributed to the nation's fatberg issues)

and what's the betting it's only "claggy" and "nasty" cos it tastes of something?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I've decided to just start making tit up for attention like Jack. I don't have a job because I am so stunningly beautiful and socially competent it intimidates everyone who beholds me. Nigella once proposed to me but I had to turn her down because my cat didn't want to move to London. When I was at school I was handpicked to take my A levels two years early and was declared the most gifted child in all of the northern hemisphere. Last week a group of men were laughing at me in the gym so I bench pressed 100kg and then spin-kicked all of them in the shins like a possessed Beyblade.

This is fun, I'm starting to see why she does it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 115
That was my first thought. She got kicked off the course for not handing in her assignments (too BUSY singlehandedly eradicating world poverty) and is now trying to save face by saying it's been put back a year. The squigs will forget all about it by the next fart's end and she'll never mention it again. That was probably one of the six major life disasters she claimed to have suffered in 48 hours 😏
She would have lost the course fees to then?

Reactions: 17
Apologies I have had a few drinks after watching Belfast. So I am feeling very at home tonight!😂
Such a good film! My mum grew up in the area and was the same age as the wee boy at the same time. Granny still lives near cavehill. Loved all the scenic shots too, saw a couple of Carrickfergus castle ❤. Jamie Dornan’s dad delivered me! And I went round his house a few times as a kid, though he was a bit older so not interested in annoying little toddler girls.

Has Jack worked out what a mung bean is yet? Any sign of the Virtuous Bellend Index?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.