Jack Monroe #253 What a tiny little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this TT TeeMill thing was well intended - with the nice side benefit of self promotion and probably some money. But like everything, she is woefully underprepared, underresearched and underqualified to pull it off. And like everything she won't admit that, instead preferring to entrench herself further in her own chaos and throw snark at anyone even politely throwing a bit of advice or guidance.

And of course, this is all now serving as a dead cat in terms of production of this food index -- on which, see above.

Also, how how how has she got time to do all of merch nonsense, be on Twitter constantly, bake some banana bread AND come up with something to rival the CPI?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Teemills Marketing Services

3.4. You are responsible for the image quality and text. Teemill will not refund the fee for the Marketing Services as a result of poor image quality, spelling mistakes or other such issues arising from your preparation of the marketing content in a Mailing Item where it does not confirm to the requirement set out in the marketing specification;

3.5. The Marketing Services may depend on third party APIs for electronic marketing content that may be rate limited, or in the case of marketing content sent by post, the Royal Mail for the final sortation and delivery, therefore Teemill cannot guarantee the actual delivery date of any Mailing Items. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence. Accordingly, Teemill shall not be liable to you or to any other person for failure to deliver Mailing Items within the delivery time specified whether as a result of breach of this clause or otherwise.

3.6. Once an instruction is received to issue a Mailing Item it cannot be stopped, undone, edited, refunded or exchanged

does this mean that if goods are returned due to the lack of apostrophe, as well as losing the commission, JM will still have to pay the service charge? If so this may get expensive...
Oh it’s ok she’s got all the new patreons to pay for it 😂😂😂😂😂 this is hilarious

• Haha
Reactions: 34
she was never going to finish the degree because she has no desire in anything that isn't directly all about her. I can't even imagine Jack being able to sit through a film for that reason?!
Makes sense. I had an ex like this. Exhausting.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I think this TT TeeMill thing was well intended - with the nice side benefit of self promotion and probably some money. But like everything, she is woefully underprepared, underresearched and underqualified to pull it off. And like everything she won't admit that, instead preferring to entrench herself further in her own chaos and throw snark at anyone even politely throwing a bit of advice or guidance.

And of course, this is all now serving as a dead cat in terms of production of this food index -- on which, see above.

Also, how how how has she got time to do all of merch nonsense, be on Twitter constantly, bake some banana bread AND come up with something to rival the CPI?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
The fact they spoke to her and the result of it was that they must have said 'we don't want any money you raise from this going forward'. It's lucky for Jack they decided they could accept the money she'd already taken from it without their approval, because that would have been even more #awkward.

Good for them that they've spoken publicly. I wonder what the squigs will make of this though? 🤔
They won't see it, unfortunately. The tweet they're replying to has been deleted.

• Wow
Reactions: 50
Good for them that they've spoken publicly. I wonder what the squigs will make of this though? 🤔
Sadly it was a direct reply to someone (whose account no longer exists) so a lot of people won't see it and will continue to believe that Jack and the TT have a good working relationship.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
The fact they spoke to her and the result of it was that they must have said 'we don't want any money you raise from this going forward'. It's lucky for Jack they decided they could accept the money she'd already taken from it without their approval, because that would have been even more #awkward.

They won't see it, unfortunately. The tweet they're replying to has been deleted.
I wonder how much Jack really raised? And if she's paid them last night out of her pocket (I joke I jest), or they've got it in writing for receiving them when they arrive next month?

Reactions: 25
I'd feel more shame that I had portrayed my parents in the way she has. Because I bet every single person who has heard Jack's story immediately questions 'where were her parents'.
I feel very sorry for her family. Mainly because I imagine constantly picking someone up if the literal floor and spending alot of time, money and energy getting them back on their feet( rinse and repeat many times) for them to publicly claim no one helped them at all during their darkest hour.

I don't expect her to out them, but at least say I was like this but with support I got through it.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Shame. Still, we have the receipts and lots of people read here. Looking at you Gutter Press 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Nah, I think it was a vanity project, she wanted to make the t-shirts with her ridiculous quote on it - and her name 😏 I still think its more about her than raising money otherwise she would have made sure much more went to the charities.

I dont begrudge any money going to charity but begrudge it being done in this reckless and unregulated style.

Sorry, I mean maverick, doh silly old puppy brain.

Reactions: 47
It occurs to me that if she'd taken her time and thought this through Jack could have trousered a fair wack of cash for herself, raised some funds for the Trussell Trust and had all that lovely smoke blown up her arse. If she'd just set up a for profit boo hiss Tories tat shop on Teemill all her stupid squig twats would have bought her Boris is a poo poo head T-shirts on an all profits to Jack basis. The squigs seem to think giving Jack money helps the poor so they'd have been up for it. Meanwhile she could have sat down with the TT and agreed a design for a special fundraising T shirt/Tote etc, which again the squigs would all have bought. Teemill is almost the perfect Jack business, a little effort on slogans at the start, then set it and forget it, bar the odd reminder on her socials. Instead she's made a colossal arse of herself and pissed off the Trussell Trust.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I have no sympathy for her family, apart from perhaps her brother who to his credit does seem to have called her out on things before severing ties. They've facilitated this, they've facilitated her cosplaying and her lying and her scamming money from people far less well off than her when they should have put a stop to it years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
The poetry was exquisite. Setting aside the crass handling of highly sensitive and emotively-charged subjects involving real people's lives, I'm in fits of laughter imagining her trying to rhyme 'dancer' and 'cancer' in her accent. Carrrncer. I think she thinks 'crown' and 'mourn' also rhyme? Crorn. Mouwn. Soldier, told yer. Trauma seeping out of corners. Content in sloven. I cry, I die. Also I can almost guarantee you that in her head this is a song and she has visions of herself in a stab vest at Glasto belting it out to a baying audience of her adoring fans.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
“Please leave The Peoples Povvo Princess alone. She’s in our thoughts and in our hearts forever. By the way, does anyone know what to do with leftover frozen chippy chips?”

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.