Jack Monroe #253 What a tiny little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The mistake you're making here is to approach this in the entirely reasonable belief that there are a set of established facts. Jack's story has no beginning, middle or end. Schrodinger's floofs abound. Often external opportunities can change the narrative quite dramatically, one day she's the Mummy Works Martyr bringing up her son alone, then I, Daniel Blake comes out and a stint on benefits being mistreated by the DWP becomes a better story. One day SB's dad is the best and most supportive co-parent anyone could want, the next she's flogging lightbulbs and toys to survive.
Her parents have also been 1000% supportive and would bend over backwards to help. They've had a Sunday roast every single Sunday of her life and would feed anyone, the more the merrier. She also has said that her parents couldn't afford to eat and only the children ate. She also said that once when it was Christmas, she had to send SB to his Dad's while she sat in her freezing flat with 4 cans of lager. 🤷 Schroedinger's comfortable and supportive parents.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I always get confused, cause I thought Jack DID claim benefits? After leaving the fire service?

Does this mean when she was in The Poverty, she didn’t even claim the help that was available to her?
She claimed benefits at some point, she was “self-employed” I forget which Frau was on a Facebook group for parenting and she was sadfishing about money but wouldn’t claim benefits and the whole group were begging her to think of her sone and just claim the cash

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
She did, and wrote about how the delays in payment and withholding of benefits when she started to get a press profile buggered her up.
She's only ever mentioned being in receipt of housing benefit, I think. The whole 'mama works' thing was about how she didn't take unemployment.

Reactions: 32
Teemills Marketing Services

3.4. You are responsible for the image quality and text. Teemill will not refund the fee for the Marketing Services as a result of poor image quality, spelling mistakes or other such issues arising from your preparation of the marketing content in a Mailing Item where it does not confirm to the requirement set out in the marketing specification;

3.5. The Marketing Services may depend on third party APIs for electronic marketing content that may be rate limited, or in the case of marketing content sent by post, the Royal Mail for the final sortation and delivery, therefore Teemill cannot guarantee the actual delivery date of any Mailing Items. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence. Accordingly, Teemill shall not be liable to you or to any other person for failure to deliver Mailing Items within the delivery time specified whether as a result of breach of this clause or otherwise.

3.6. Once an instruction is received to issue a Mailing Item it cannot be stopped, undone, edited, refunded or exchanged

does this mean that if goods are returned due to the lack of apostrophe, as well as losing the commission, JM will still have to pay the service charge? If so this may get expensive...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Her parents have also been 1000% supportive and would bend over backwards to help. They've had a Sunday roast every single Sunday of her life and would feed anyone, the more the merrier. She also has said that her parents couldn't afford to eat and only the children ate. She also said that once when it was Christmas, she had to send SB to his Dad's while she sat in her freezing flat with 4 cans of lager. 🤷 Schroedinger's comfortable and supportive parents.
I'd feel more shame that I had portrayed my parents in the way she has. Because I bet every single person who has heard Jack's story immediately questions 'where were her parents'.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I don’t know why she and people like her can’t just own the fact that they had nice, middle class upbringings? It’s not a crime.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I'd feel more shame that I had portrayed my parents in the way she has. Because I bet every single person who has heard Jack's story immediately questions 'where were her parents'.
She slithers out of that question by simply saying they didn't know, she didn't tell them. Which begs the question, how bloody selfish are you that you would see your son walking in pain in too-small shoes and selling his beloved, favourite toy (according to her) rather than go round your mum's for dinner a few nights a week.

• Sad
Reactions: 43
I don’t know why she and people like her can’t just own the fact that they had nice, middle class upbringings? It’s not a crime.
I think at the start she did this, appealing to people that ~it could happen to anybody~ on account of it happening to her, nice little middle class girl that she was. Maybe she realised at some stage that that was quite distasteful and instead pivoted into working class cosplay and a lifetime of watching her own parents skip meals in order to feed their family in their 5 bedroom detached house

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Anyone know what tax band her house is? As it's so big it could be too high for rishimate's rebate for those in bands a-d. She'll be fewwming #poorpeoplecanliveinbighouses
It's Band F, but only a fraction higher than my Band C property in the North!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
Why’s she so cagey about applying for benny-fits when she basks in the glory of using a food bank (once)?
They are both equally part of the support system that many, many people need at some point. The snobbery vs the braggery is unreal

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I think at the start she did this, appealing to people that ~it could happen to anybody~ on account of it happening to her, nice little middle class girl that she was. Maybe she realised at some stage that that was quite distasteful and instead pivoted into working class cosplay and a lifetime of watching her own parent skip meals in order to feed their family in their 5 bedroom detached house
We're they skipping meals before or after fostering?
Because I'm sure Social Services might have been a bit worried about children in their care.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Apols if this has already been shared but I’m still on Grunk mode. Trussell Trust have now tweeted about this, so it’s public.

B363899D-65A4-4294-8296-86559147F981.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 107
Because I'm sure Social Services might have been a bit worried about children in their care.
I'm fairly sure I remember it being during the fostering as I was thinking the same. Perhaps ma and pop 'Monroe weren't eating because once the kids were put to bed for the night they had themselves a Marksies dine in for two. Could this have been the origin story for Jack's resentment of mid-price convenience meals? 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 40
As much as her index was annoying she was I suppose doing something, even if it was just wasting ink, but of course she had to show off and now I think she might get into hot water.

I honestly don't know why she didn't cut her loses when she came back from therapy. She was abstaining from sm, she was getting well mentally. She had a degree thingy could have been her fresh start.

Now she's in utter chaos again a matter of months later.

I think her family must be so disheartened.
she was never going to finish the degree because she has no desire in anything that isn't directly all about her. I can't even imagine Jack being able to sit through a film for that reason?!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37

According to this article they started fostering when Jack was about 4, so I assume it's supposed to have happened while they were fostering. Except it didn't, obviously.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.