Jack Monroe #253 What a tiny little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More and more with her tweets and I don't see poor ( once was poor) urchin. I see a person who has issues with the fact that she has to either work or grift in order to live the life she thinks she's owed.
Perfectly put. This is the crux of everything she does.

• Sad
Reactions: 36
Just like she didn’t apply for benefits because she didn’t want to “be on benefits” and “mummy works”
It's all just more layers of the made-up narrative for her poverty grift. Her mate who came on here ages ago (forgot the name) confirmed the obvious - that she is and always has been just very, very lazy.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Catching up - always - so don't know if it's been covered but one thing that rings out in the TT replies apart from having not been able to speak to JM, is that they say she used one of their food banks MANY YEARS ago. I would have thought if this was all above board etc JM would have been clamouring to speak with TT about this merchandise range whereas it actually seems like she is avoiding their calls.

Reactions: 31
Just like she didn’t apply for benefits because she didn’t want to “be on benefits” and “mummy works”
Ah yes, she’s better than the burger munching, daytime tv viewing underclass, as she sees ‘the poor’. True colours shining through right there. Her adoring fans sure have short memories. Either that or they secretly harbour similar views that are the opposite of what they put on Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
As Jack is snarling on Twitter at people questioning her motives can we assume that the promised index (that is so last week now) will not appear? Because she is struggling because of horrible nasty people who are questioning her motives for all the hard work she does to help The Poor. Because her puppy-brain is scampering at all the ideas she has to help The Poor. Jack will be taking to her bed ennui-positive until people start to get distressed at her absence on SM and send in the virtual police for a welfare check. (By then, she will have got her excuses ready for the things that didn't happen to help The Poor.

Oxygen-thief.
'..taking to her bed ennui-positive.'

🤣🤣🤣
Superb!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I always get confused, cause I thought Jack DID claim benefits? After leaving the fire service?

Does this mean when she was in The Poverty, she didn’t even claim the help that was available to her?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
As much as her index was annoying she was I suppose doing something, even if it was just wasting ink, but of course she had to show off and now I think she might get into hot water.

I honestly don't know why she didn't cut her loses when she came back from therapy. She was abstaining from sm, she was getting well mentally. She had a degree thingy could have been her fresh start.

Now she's in utter chaos again a matter of months later.

I think her family must be so disheartened.

• Sad
Reactions: 33
Roughly translated by Google:

'She left school at 16 but her Asperger syndrome makes her a numbers whiz. Jack Monroe, girl-boy, heroine of poor consumers, changed the indicator of British inflation.'
Great, more autism stereotypes.

First we had the superpowers and now we have the maths genius.

Then we have the organised brain= autistic and the disorganised brain = ADHD and they fight each other when it is far more complicated and nuanced than that.

It makes me so angry, us real autistics are just out here trying to live our lives and the more people who believe this bullshit the harder it is for us.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I always get confused, cause I thought Jack DID claim benefits? After leaving the fire service?

Does this mean when she was in The Poverty, she didn’t even claim the help that was available to her?
She did, and wrote about how the delays in payment and withholding of benefits when she started to get a press profile buggered her up.

Reactions: 28
Her backstory is 98% lies built on a momentary (self inflicted) hardship so there are a few grains of truth. But in her own words in one of her earlier articles she refused to claim benefits because she’s not a tracksuit wearing scrounger or some such nasty stereotype so she told her then toddler age son that ‘mummy works’.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

You don't get paid out straight away if you MAKE YOURSELF UNEMPLOYED.

ETA.. Apologies. Caps lock chaos but I'm leaving it.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I guess being told off as a child would be a bitter experience - oh to have heard it

And also they will be expecting this money more so than all those promised donations from the newspaper\tv slots. The newspaper and TV were earnings so her promise was just a lie whereas the merch was fully on the expectation TT will get this time

For her to be transparent she will need to show the full payment made, the costs to the tee company, and with the donations, the breakdown of the charities - anything less it's not transparent
4 March 2022
10k day

It’s a Friday so I expect that the money will rest in her account at the weekend but I want evidence of a donation of ten thousand pounds to TT by 4pm Mon 7th March

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45

The mistake you're making here is to approach this in the entirely reasonable belief that there are a set of established facts. Jack's story has no beginning, middle or end. Schrodinger's floofs abound. Often external opportunities can change the narrative quite dramatically, one day she's the Mummy Works Martyr bringing up her son alone, then I, Daniel Blake comes out and a stint on benefits being mistreated by the DWP becomes a better story. One day SB's dad is the best and most supportive co-parent anyone could want, the next she's flogging lightbulbs and toys to survive.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 61
It's all just more layers of the made-up narrative for her poverty grift. Her mate who came on here ages ago (forgot the name) confirmed the obvious - that she is and always has been just very, very lazy.
The funniest thing was, the mate knew her very well post-fame but said she was always feeding her!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
The mistake you're making here is to approach this in the entirely reasonable belief that there are a set of established facts. Jack's story has no beginning, middle or end. Schrodinger's floofs abound. Often external opportunities can change the narrative quite dramatically, one day she's the Mummy Works Martyr bringing up her son alone, then I, Daniel Blake comes out and a stint on benefits being mistreated by the DWP becomes a better story. One day SB's dad is the best and most supportive co-parent anyone could want, the next she's flogging lightbulbs and toys to survive.
The more I think about it and the more I read here, the more I wonder why bother. It will never make sense.

Thanks all who explained.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
View attachment 1037314

The guff is still there. I suggested earlier that it had been removed, but I was looking on the wrong page. Soz.

That's still not compliant.

Action Fraud

1643908431101.png

getsafeonline.org

1643908528421.png

gov.uk

1643908676116.png

It's just not compliant, not before this and certainly not afterwards. That's not my being nefarious. It's my being right.

By the way, now she's said ten grand is going to TT, they will be obliged by the selfsame laws to sue her if they don't get every single penny of that. Hopefully, she wasn't exaggerating.

Oh, and without the necessary charity/fundraising compliance, she's just earned herself ten grand plus in taxable income. It's not HMRC's problem if you claim to have donated it all to charity, you've still earned it because you are not a registered charity.

#ShiteSplatteringOnABootstrap

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.