Jack Monroe #253 What a tiny little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Catching up!

Re

Feeding Britain Inquiry 2014
Parliamentary foodbank debate 2013
School food plan 2013
National Food Strategy 2014

Current National Food Strategy: 2021. NotJack

Shall we all make a list of important things we were involved in from 2013-2014 that are no longer relevant?

I was at the peak of one career at the time, also sitting at the kids' table near the big table, giving mildly sensible input into federal social justice policy development. I can assure you no one is ringing my name around the halls of Parliament now 🤣😂😅
Why the duck was she invited onto the school food plan in 2013? It's a bit like Prue Leith advising on hospital food in 2020. She states the obvious that patients need to eat good food on a budget but in reality doesn't have a clue about mass producing food or what food sick people actually need. I can imagine Jack's input would be the same, telling people to feed kids good food without anything meaningful attached.

Reactions: 31
It's probably been said but the claim that 100% of profits from each sale of the dreadful merch is highly misleading.

Unless Teemill are doing the merch at cost price, they are making a profit on every order. All JM has to play with is the commission from each sale.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
One of my favourite Tattle things apart from using 🔺 for something not remotely triangulatable, is when fraus who speak other languages give us screen shots with all the surrounding info in a different language. It’s great.

Off home to my band A house now.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
Just checked the trending threads and our last one toppled Mrs Hinch! At least when I just looked. More eyes on you Jack. I hope you're happy, loads of people are checking out your grift 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 44
As Jack is snarling on Twitter at people questioning her motives can we assume that the promised index (that is so last week now) will not appear? Because she is struggling because of horrible nasty people who are questioning her motives for all the hard work she does to help The Poor. Because her puppy-brain is scampering at all the ideas she has to help The Poor. Jack will be taking to her bed ennui-positive until people start to get distressed at her absence on SM and send in the virtual police for a welfare check. (By then, she will have got her excuses ready for the things that didn't happen to help The Poor.

Oxygen-thief.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
There's something up. She's definitely got her big grumpy pants on today.
I guess being told off as a child would be a bitter experience - oh to have heard it

And also they will be expecting this money more so than all those promised donations from the newspaper\tv slots. The newspaper and TV were earnings so her promise was just a lie whereas the merch was fully on the expectation TT will get this time

For her to be transparent she will need to show the full payment made, the costs to the tee company, and with the donations, the breakdown of the charities - anything less it's not transparent

Reactions: 30
I bet the people who have bought the cant ones are really happy about this news.

I hope they get questioned on why it says cant forever

• Haha
Reactions: 49
She’s redundant in the regular sense but I think she’s convinced she has a higher calling, to save the poors. Ideally by going on TV. Her fans must support her until the poors are saved.

Even if world hunger was solved tomorrow, Jack would not have a ‘tiny quiet life’ and get a normal job and live in obscurity. She’d just jump on another cause and be their saviour instead.
More and more with her tweets and I don't see poor ( once was poor) urchin. I see a person who has issues with the fact that she has to either work or grift in order to live the life she thinks she's owed.

She knows she's unqualified to do anything worth a decent salary, unless she grunks her way through the ranks( like a commoner) she got lucky with her firejob, but like everything fucked it up so much she most likely could go back.

Everytime she tweets about the government and their expenses is not like normal austerity tweets it's based on their private bars, massive houses, free work lunches.

Yes in an ideal world everyone would love in mansions, drive rollers and go abroad eleventy billion times a year, but that's not and never has been real life.

Life is hard at the minute like it has been many times before and people managed, with less support through charities etc than we have now.

She needs to stop the jealous pity party and just amp the voices of the support networks, not attack a government that has no plans to change. If she was a cushty quietlife well there nothing stopping her going back to college and working her way there.

Her son is practically a teen, she's got the whole world out there. Sitting in what I imagine is a darkened room, wide (dead) eyed and frantically shouting about injustices into an echo chambers might sound inspiring but does nothing.

Also a friendly reminder that no one asks her to do this, if she wants to leave it she can there's plenty of more equipped people that can carry on.

End of drivel. Sorry guys!

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I don't think any money was taken for the over-saturated tree prints as it never went any further than an idea. She had 70+ potential buyers.
The trouble there is, she was poorfishing with it coming up to Xmas. She asked people if they would buy it, blathered on about frame choices. A dumb squig could easily have sent the cost to her PayPal (she gave a specific price of £18.95 or 24.99 or suchlike)

Reactions: 33
More and more with her tweets and I don't see poor ( once was poor) urchin. I see a person who has issues with the fact that she has to either work or grift in order to live the life she thinks she's owed.

She knows she's unqualified to do anything worth a decent salary, unless she grunks her way through the ranks( like a commoner) she got lucky with her firejob, but like everything fucked it up so much she most likely could go back.

Everytime she tweets about the government and their expenses is not like normal austerity tweets it's based on their private bars, massive houses, free work lunches.

Yes in an ideal world everyone would love in mansions, drive rollers and go abroad eleventy billion times a year, but that's not and never has been real life.

Life is hard at the minute like it has been many times before and people managed, with less support through charities etc than we have now.

She needs to stop the jealous pity party and just amp the voices of the support networks, not attack a government that has no plans to change. If she was a cushty quietlife well there nothing stopping her going back to college and working her way there.

Her son is practically a teen, she's got the whole world out there. Sitting in what I imagine is a darkened room, wide (dead) eyed and frantically shouting about injustices into an echo chambers might sound inspiring but does nothing.

Also a friendly reminder that no one asks her to do this, if she wants to leave it she can there's plenty of more equipped people that can carry on.

End of drivel. Sorry guys!
100%. She’s jealous of rich people. See that time she piled on JO calling him ‘Mister Millionaire’

She knows she had more opportunities than your average person and she pissed them away so now she’s bitter.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
...wasn’t she practically calling for a Conservative landslide in her local by-election just the other week?

ETA I know practically no other parties stood but fucks sake you’d abstain first.
In fairness other parties didn’t stand out of respect except all the fascists. In that circumstance it would be worth voting Tory to keep the status quo

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Just checked the trending threads and our last one toppled Mrs Hinch! At least when I just looked. More eyes on you Jack. I hope you're happy, loads of people are checking out your grift 👍
That'll be the Gutter Press I'm sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
In fairness other parties didn’t stand out of respect except all the fascists. In that circumstance it would be worth voting Tory to keep the status quo
I know, but it’s not like the far right parties had any chance of winning. Calling for people to vote Tory to keep them out was unnecessary as they were getting back in anyway.

Reactions: 18
100%. She’s jealous of rich people. See that time she piled on JO calling him ‘Mister Millionaire’

She knows she had more opportunities than your average person and she pissed them away so now she’s bitter.
The really sad thing is she claims she is needed but if she did indeed close her twitter down tomorrow her squigs would move on.

Washed up slebs say it all the time, when the curtain is called there just back to being regular people and the adorning fans are calling someone else's name.

I can just imagine her stood next to the bargain fridge droning on about herself to all and sundry.
She’s like Frank off Vicar of Dibley.
He also had the minutes of every meeting for something like 25 years. They could be best pals!

I can just imagine her stood next to the bargain fridge droning on about herself to all and sundry.
She’s like Frank off Vicar of Dibley.
He also had the minutes of every meeting for something like 25 years. They could be best pals!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Couldn't listen to that nonsense, but heard enough where she said she had amazing parents who would have bent over backwards to help her but she didn't want to do that to them.

I'm sorry, but you had a child. Any shame you felt in that situation should have been countered by that one fact alone. You should never put your child into that sort of situation of being hungry and cold when you have a way out. The only shame you should feel is that you didn't.

How the fck do people sympathise with this person.
Just like she didn’t apply for benefits because she didn’t want to “be on benefits” and “mummy works”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Wow. The grift truly knows no bounds. I cannot believe she had the audacity to tweet the PayPal link again after tripling her Patreon numbers just last week. Get a job ffs. I think about friends I have who volunteer tirelessly at food banks back home in NI and they - like idiots 🙄- are doing it with no payment and alongside their full time jobs. No social media storms, no fanfare, no ridiculous and offensive merch, just helping to do what needs to be done.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.