Jack Monroe #253 What a tiny little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
SHE WENT TO A FOODBANK ONCE SHE IS NOT A FOODBANK USER!

The ONE that’s 1 time she went to a food bank story is here at 00:35.40 in the SEB podcast she did last year.

The comedy of this is that prior to this point (if you can handle the listen) in the interview she goes into great detail about how close and fantastic SBs dad has been from the outset, how amazing her parents are and how they are incredible foster parents. It’s clear that having laid all this stuff down she then needed to change it up because, what with amazing co-parent and family, why would this be a woman who sells all her kids toys? Such a fraudster

Couldn't listen to that nonsense, but heard enough where she said she had amazing parents who would have bent over backwards to help her but she didn't want to do that to them.

I'm sorry, but you had a child. Any shame you felt in that situation should have been countered by that one fact alone. You should never put your child into that sort of situation of being hungry and cold when you have a way out. The only shame you should feel is that you didn't.

How the fck do people sympathise with this person.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 65
I volunteer for a bereavement charity. We are part of a national charity, but we have a small local group & the ballache we have ensuring our donations are handled properly is almost a full time job! I believe it is heavily regulated by the charity commission that you have to be abundantly clear where every penny donated is going. You can't take money then decide what to do with it, you have to be clear from the outset. It isn't up to the TT to be "okay with it" it is up to the fundraiser to ensure every contributor is entirely sure where their money is going.
Joe Bloggs who bought a T Shirt last night might not want his money to go to small independent food back - it is not Jacks decision to make, nor TT's. It is down to the person making the donation and they can't decide if they are not informed!

Anyway, shes a wanker.
I second this. I volunteered as a fund-raiser for a local animal charity which was part of a national charity. We had to account for every single penny we raised, how we obtained it and where it went. Cheques had to be signed with two signatories out of three, specimen signatures had to be kept on record locally and with the bank. We did sell items which did not have charity's logo on but these raised more money. If we were left any bequests these had to be sent to HO to go into a special account in our branch's and we had to apply for it giving a reason why we wanted some. Yes, it was a pain at times but the protocols were there for a reason. No way would we have been allowed to get our own tshirts etc printed as this would have been seen as bringing the charity into disrepute as it would have not been through the official channels.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Off again are we? I'll pop the kettle on.

I'm calling it now. When the energy increases kick in, we'll have sad face poor Jack wearing 34 jumpers and heavily hinting about hypothermia. Shiver, shiver, shiver, rattle, rattle, rattle.
She does that in August anyway, so no change there 🤷

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Couldn't listen to that nonsense, but heard enough where she said she had amazing parents who would have bent over backwards to help her but she didn't want to do that to them.

I'm sorry, but you had a child. Any shame you felt in that situation should have been countered by that one fact alone. You should never put your child into that sort of situation of being hungry and cold when you have a way out. The only shame you should feel is that you didn't.

The fact is, it didn’t happen. She can’t in one breath talk about her amazing baby daddy/parents and then talk about the time she was “dirt poor”. It’s total fabrication.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
She could save on heating bills by simply not choosing to rent a ginormous 1930s dorma bungalow that is no doubt not well insulated and has massive ceilings and more rooms than one adult and one child need. #LavaFlakesHacks

A nice new build 2 bed house somewhere would be cosy and probably half the rent. Plus probably council band C to D lol. But then where would she put the sideboards 🥺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

Wow. So she really does say “first” time, then her parents helped. So why go again? She didn’t, did she. I can understand being embarrassed and skint (I never asked my parents for help the couple of times I was in a similar situation in my 20s) but I didn’t have a baby who depended on me to keep him warm and fed. Vile.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
No offence but the fact she has to bed through her tip jar sounds like she's not got any work therefore pretty much redundant.

The sad thing is no one should be skint today. A mouth with a itchy finger is not helping!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Very separately, why is she obsessed with the numbers 3 and 4? The food hike was 344%, she had £34 in her bank, £3.14 in the “poem” (ghoul piece) she’ll be 34 pretend years old on her birthday…there’s some sort of numerology here, I’m offering these as The Lying Numbers.
She's once, twice, three times a lady grifter

• Haha
Reactions: 36
UK charities get billions of pounds a year. Charity shops, legacies, endowments, subscriptions. It’s huge. And open to abuse by unscrupulous people taking advantage of those with cash to spare. So it’s regulated and audited and the trustees and people responsible for it have to comply. It’s one of the reasons Kids Company was such a scandal, it was charity money that was wasted and basically embezzled.

Jack has hopefully been given a short lecture by the Trussell Trust into how not to insert yourself into a charity campaign other than suggesting people donate.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
I second this. I volunteered as a fund-raiser for a local animal charity which was part of a national charity. We had to account for every single penny we raised, how we obtained it and where it went. Cheques had to be signed with two signatories out of three, specimen signatures had to be kept on record locally and with the bank. We did sell items which did not have charity's logo on but these raised more money. If we were left any bequests these had to be sent to HO to go into a special account in our branch's and we had to apply for it giving a reason why we wanted some. Yes, it was a pain at times but the protocols were there for a reason. No way would we have been allowed to get our own tshirts etc printed as this would have been seen as bringing the charity into disrepute as it would have not been through the official channels.
Jack will turn up to her local TT with a wheelbarrow full of cash. Which is sort of the same thing...

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I'm calling it now. When the energy increases kick in, we'll have sad face poor Jack wearing 34 jumpers and heavily hinting about hypothermia. Shiver, shiver, shiver, rattle, rattle, rattle.
It'll play havoc with the severe arthritis, that's for sure. Unless it snows. You know, snow...that cure-all for arthritic feet. 🙏

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Screenshot_20220203-162044_Opera.jpg

The guff is still there. I suggested earlier that it had been removed, but I was looking on the wrong page. Soz.

Reactions: 28
No offence but the fact she has to bed through her tip jar sounds like she's not got any work therefore pretty much redundant.
She’s redundant in the regular sense but I think she’s convinced she has a higher calling, to save the poors. Ideally by going on TV. Her fans must support her until the poors are saved.

Even if world hunger was solved tomorrow, Jack would not have a ‘tiny quiet life’ and get a normal job and live in obscurity. She’d just jump on another cause and be their saviour instead.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.