Jack Monroe #251 There isn’t a big enough salary in the world

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, not at all convinced he's pulling the strings but she appears to me to seek his approval. Perhaps her spite in humiliating them by making it national news that she was eating out of bins and flogging lightbulbs whilst they had the means to feed her and her son is more directed towards her mother. Dammit I want an army of psychologists all over that family!
Quite common in the north Highlands as well, I know a Hugheen and a Donalda about the same age as Nigella.
I know a Bena, Davina, Alvine and Davidina all named after their dads, all from the North of Scotland. Its a bit of a thing up here. I'm not sure if it's sexist as such but I do think it's a bit egotistical nowadays. Most people see it as traditional or as a way to keep old family names alive.

I'm still catching up but had to take a break from Hack. It's sickening that she can profit from poverty like a true blue tory and people either wilfully ignore that or just don't see it. How can they not see it?

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Also, on a less furious, more aesthetic note - the placement of the slogan on the Onslow is upsetting me. Why is it too far to the left? Is it a subliminal message? Or a one and done? That'll do.

• Haha
Of course teemill take a cut of the sale to cover their costs.
According to their price breakdown, a £44 hoodie like the ones Jack is selling will generate her £7.00 profit.

She is asking people to spend 44 pound on a hoodie with her name on it when the MAXIMUM she can give to charity from that sale is £7.00
Just send the money to the food bank squigs - don’t buy a horribly tasteless hoodie.
Also you should cover the costs with your Patreon and donate proceeds to charity - not profits.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I'm fairly sure some if not most of the most deprived communities are, in fact, in the north.
Yes!!! And she’s not taking things like arts/education/infrastructure spending into account either. Yes your take home may be as low as someone in [xyz] but you benefit from proximity to London & affluent commuter belt families living in your areas guarantees investment in your community so your quality of life will always be better and you undoubtedly have better access to help & opportunities.

You simply cannot compare the north & south in this country, too much has gone on (or not gone on, tbh!) for far too long.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
OMG, this, in light of her BLM shitshow (white as mayo, Hellman's nearly cancelled my contract because I wasn't going to do a livestream to respect BLM, etc.)

BLM.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
duck me it didn't take long for the charlatan to have MERCH.
Oh Nigella. Now do you see what we have been saying for years?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Unfortunately it is still like this. We have both in the past and Mrs T still does provide in this way. Sometimes my anger surrounding education and Jack’s behaviour gets the better of me because she has no idea that people live like this.
He is still a teacher but works away from home and comes back once a month. This is because the pay is so much better down south and we are saving for our daughter to go to uni. Jack wouldn't understand this type of hardship either as grafting for your wage is a concept so far beyond her grasp.

During the lockdown he delivered food parcels to students for a local food bank and saw some awful scenes of deprived households again. Jack lives in such a bubble. Selfish, narcissistic, egotistical twonk.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
This latest chaos has made my day. I totally believe she couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.