Jack Monroe #251 There isn’t a big enough salary in the world

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It looks far right to me and that was my immediate reaction. If I didn't know the background and encountered someone wearing one I'd be bracing myself for a tirade about race replacement, the Jews or some other horrorbantz. I imagine it's intended as a call to the arms to the Poors as in it'll be too late to riot once you've died of starvation. It's a fail.
Yeah, where I live we have a lot of demonstrations etc, some of which have seen huge amounts of police brutality. That t-shirt would only be interpreted one way. If someone showed up to a demonstration wearing that, you'd be looking for the hidden camera.

If your slogan requires an explanatory footnote, it's not working.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
It looks far right to me and that was my immediate reaction. If I didn't know the background and encountered someone wearing one I'd be bracing myself for a tirade about race replacement, the Jews or some other horrorbantz. I imagine it's intended as a call to the arms to the Poors as in it'll be too late to riot once you've died of starvation. It's a fail.
If I saw this on someone I didn't know, I'd assume far right, especially given the style. If it was someone I did know, I'd probably start trying to not know them because I enjoy the company of tasteless performative activists almost as little as I enjoy the company of racists.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
All Jack had to do was sit back, count her patreon income, make some excuses for not finishing the #very whatever index.

Vanity is a powerful thing. Of all the things she could have completed but Jack choose the Poor taste t shirts.

🤡

And as for the Trussel Trust's endorsement

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
This is not going to end well - I hope anyway. When you Google it (even with the apostrophe) it brings up info on George. I don't know the connection to the phrase but I'm sure it's going to upset people if it's being used for another context.

Screenshot_20220201-142845_Google.jpg

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
i dont want to 🔺 here but i kinda know one of these guys and they're so lovely. they raised tens and tens of thousands of pounds for Shelter when they done the Lady Hale spider t-shirt. they've raised a LOT of money for charity, probably more than Jack has ever raised.
they're very, VERY decent people offering to do a good thing.
I can see them becoming Tattlers before long. I could not see Jack being an easy person to collaborate with.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Urgh, I just cant.....can't....whatever.

Seriously if you have 20/40 quid to spunk on a pointless item of clothing then just donate the full amount to Trussell Trust.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 55
This is not going to end well - I hope anyway. When you Google it (even with the apostrophe) it brings up info on George. I don't know the connection to the phrase but I'm sure it's going to upset people if it's being used for another context.

View attachment 1032096
I just did the same. She's a bleeping shameless ghoul.
First saying that Asda in Shoeburyness is killing the poors and now saying that they can't riot.
And fuckers like Nigella Lawson falling for it all...

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
I am losing the will to live with this tit again. What a racket. How is anyone going to know all the money has gone to Trussell?
Some more slogans for her t-shirt franchise
Born to Slop
Born to Lie
Dead People can’t Riot. (Putin)
I ❤ Anchoiade
My friend went on holiday to Edinburgh and all I got was this lousy T-shirt
I’ve got 99 problems but paying tax ain’t one
Yes pasta is still 20p in Thorpe Bay Asda

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Urgh, I just cant.....can't....whatever.

Seriously if you have 20/40 quid to spunk on a pointless item of clothing then just donate the full amount to Trussell Trust.
It's same logic as give money directly to a poverty charity - not to a non poor person pretending to be poor.

• Sick
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.