Jack Monroe #251 There isn’t a big enough salary in the world

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now these idiots are trying to squeeze local shops and dairy farmers.

View attachment 1031588
It is like people live in a vacuum with absolutely no concept of food production or any issues surrounding it.
In Jackworld she would be perfectly happy for poors to eat offal and foodwaste (as she has demonstrated) as long as it is 20p.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36

Yel

It's going to be very interesting to see how quickly they drop off. The faster they climb and all that.

She might have been happy with pulling in 1-2k a month on Patreon alone with fewer eyes on her than rather than her new income of 3-6k and drawing in far more scrutiny to her slacktivism.

Screenshot 2022-02-01 09.42.36.png

Edited figures as was a tad over in usd

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
bleeping hell I hadn't even seen the patreon tip jar rattling.

Looking at twitter though it is noticeable that there are a lot more people asking questions about her dubious tales than there used to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
It's going to be very interesting to see how quickly they drop off. The faster they climb and all that.

She might have been happy with pulling in 1.2-2k a month on Patreon alone with fewer eyes on her than rather than her new income of 3.8-6k and drawing in far more scrutiny to her slacktivism.

View attachment 1031596
It would be interesting to track the previous periods of high sign-ups to see what she was tweeting about at the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Looking at twitter though it is noticeable that there are a lot more people asking questions about her dubious tales than there used to be.
I think this will increase. A lot of people have been aware of her grifting and flexibility with the truth for a while. But probably held back as she was 'poor' and it felt mean.
But she isn't now, so will be seen as fair game.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Did anyone ever establish how Mom knows Jack and how friendly they are?

In the past I followed NL on Twitter and Insta and her accounts were very professional, although I did see her as a guest on some TV show, possibly in the past 12 months, really can’t remember and although perfectly polite, she had a strange air of detachment about her, a lack of engagement and warmth somehow.

Reactions: 20

In the past I followed NL on Twitter and Insta and her accounts were very professional, although I did see her as a guest on some TV show, possibly in the past 12 months, really can’t remember and although perfectly polite, she had a strange air of detachment about her, a lack of engagement and warmth somehow.
I always get the vibe that she's playing the Nigella character whenever she's on TV. Don't mean that as a negative, but I don't think she's ever really revealed much of herself.

Reactions: 35

SmartSelect_20220201-102509_Facebook.jpg

This is on one of Jack's FB accounts.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Very interesting reading replies to an article about the meal planning mum on Facebook. It seems a world away to the congratulatory, arse licking stuff that Jack gets (although some are mentioning Jack and 'how she has been doing this for years) but mostly they are saying:

1) where is the nutrional value?
2) why on earth do people have to eat bollock sausages in 2022?
3) calls for home economics to be brought back as a means of helping people

And many comments like this:
Screenshot_20220201-101834_Facebook.jpg

Jack needs to change the record. 10 years of campaigning heft, and for what? People are still having to eat bollock sausages out of necessity. Because she's shown that they can make a "nice" meal out of it on the pittance they have been given.

Nigella’s face 😭 Like she’s being held at gun point. Meanwhile I’m getting more Buffy the Vampire Slayer ‘Gentleman’ vibes from her number one fan. Bit scary.
I think that's the botox

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
From Mumsnet:

Screenshot_20220131-231332_Chrome.jpg

Where do they get this tit from? Jack's entire career is a game of broken telephone.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.