Jack Monroe #251 There isn’t a big enough salary in the world

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the same Jack who used to wang on about how we should only donate the basics to maximise the amount we can donate and got very arsey with anyone who said they tried to include a few brands/nice things etc. This is also the same Jack who is biting the carpet because some of the value ranges have been rebranded.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 65
duck off, Jack. We all saw you donate crates of bleeping prunes that you got for free to your local foodbank. How dare you lecture people on what to give.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Where are all the posts of Jack donating fancy biscuits then? I mean, if she did it there would be posts and photos right? Not just the mountain of tinned prunes that were given to her in the first place. Nor the bulk buy of tins that had Jack's name written on a sheet of paper so everyone would know where it came from.
Practise what you preach Jack.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
And why doesn't she spend any of her time finding alternatives for the allegedly missing value ranges? Lidl and Aldi are generally comparable in price.

AND - if she gives that much of a tit why isn't she campaigning for better food education in schools? Could it be because her slops generally have absolutely 0 nutritional value whatsoever.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Jack has tweeted this whole nice biscuits thing before - maybe more than once and definitely before these threads.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I hate the way she’s calling a foodbank or charity donation “individual macrophilanthropy”

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
But, but, but Jack.....

Your impassioned plea to provide foodbanks with value and basic ranges, is taking away the value and basic ranges off the shelves and from the people who may not need to use foodbanks but cannot afford the other products. It makes no sense to me.

I have donated, and I tend to buy own brand or whatever might be on offer. I have never brought basic range for people.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
So when is she overhauling the system? In 20 tweets or by 5pm? Or is after she is doing a useless index that is already in production. Who knows anymore.
This talking of rioting and overhauling the system rings so hollow when we all know it's just about getting her work (or more accurately -money). She's such a shapeshifter, going all hero-worship on Alastair Campbell and Stig Abell one minute and attempting to appear somehow revolutionary the next. Nothing she does or says is remotely anarchic or subversive. It's all a lie.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
I find it intensely weird how she... narrates all of her public appearances.

I don't think I've ever heard anybody else describe themselves as giving 'an impassioned plea' before? It's like saying "I excitedly declared how much I was looking forward to my holiday".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Hate to be the pedant but if the person donating is a complete stranger to her then why does she need to reiterate that she is a complete stranger to them?

Surely that stranger relationship works both ways?

Exaggeration or embellishment of a story is a clear sign of one thing…

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.