Jack Monroe #251 There isn’t a big enough salary in the world

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She could also totally afford a bike (or find one in a puddle or have a friend gift her one) with good panniers and cycle to Aldi or Lidl if she wanted to.
She could have easily afforded the bus or taxi fare, even before the extra 2 grand a month. But for some reason (read: keeping up the "poor Jack" narrative for her followers) she insists on walking to the Asda then moaning about how hard it is.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
She could have easily afforded the bus or taxi fare, even before the extra 2 grand a month. But for some reason (read: keeping up the "poor Jack" narrative for her followers) she insists on walking to the Asda then moaning about how hard it is.
Because going to the supermarket is her LITERAL JOB so of course she has to complain about it. Most people manage to do their shopping as part of their routine, on top of full time jobs, looking after kids, etc etc and don't think much of it but naturally Jack has to make it seem like some sort of unendurable Odyssey, despite getting most of her stuff delivered anyway. 🤡

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Just going through Jack's liked tweets. Guys, she has made it over the Pond. An American lady has noticed some canned food reduced!! It must be the work of Smol Pixie Messiah Jack. Praise Beans!

Ffs squig.
Screenshot_20220201-090655_Twitter.jpg

She is never gonna correct people that the ONS actually started working on this last November is she 😏😏😏

Screenshot_20220201-090747_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
So while Jack and Nigella were pimping Jack's Patreon, this was happening.

Screenshot 2022-02-01 at 09.20.33.png

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
So while Jack and Nigella were pimping Jack's Patreon, this was happening.

View attachment 1031572
[/QUOTE]
And if Jack could have found it in her heart to feature them by making them her pinned post even for a few days, how much money could have been raised? I also think that Jack is not that plugged in to the works of the Trussell Trust because not once when she did suggest donating to Trussell did she mention that by donating this January peoples donations would have extra impact.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Well - I had been trying to go cold turkey from Jack, but I literally can't turn the telly on without seeing her now.

At work the other day someone was talking about how inspirational she was and I had to go and hide in the loo for 5 minutes so I didn't scream "SHE'S A bleeping LIAR" at them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
Well - I had been trying to go cold turkey from Jack, but I literally can't turn the telly on without seeing her now.

At work the other day someone was talking about how inspiration she was and I had to go and hide in the loo for 5 minutes so I didn't scream "SHE'S A bleeping LIAR" at them.
I think in the wild it’s perfectly okay to say “you know, you should Google her, there’s something not right about her stories…”…!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I do wonder how many people didn't sign up to the Patreon but instead decided to drop her a little something via PayPal. No way of tracking that but I'd imagine she got a fair wodge.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.