Jack Monroe #25 Worst paid advance, posing in her pants, at least Hellmans gave this 10 yr newbie a chance.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also think the time slot is daft, lots of people are cooking their tea now or dealing with kids after working all day etc.
I agree that it's a ridiculous timeslot. When I was dealing with children, this time of day is exactly when I'd be in the kitchen making their tea and if not, I'd only just be walking out of the door at work to wait for the bus.

It's only because of the current plague that I'm at home - having some sort of Mexican half chicken thing that was reduced to clear yesterday in the Coop, but rather than faff around with the crappy oven (temperature settings being 1 - Off and 2 - Hotter than the surface of the sun), it's in the slow clooker until Mr Dragon finally gets in from work, when he can sort some wedges to have it with - drumroll - mayonnaise (and avocado, lime, cucumber, with fresh coriander from the garden if it isn't raining outside when he gets back).

Reactions: 7
Not to be a bandwagon dick, but given all the new conversations about race, isnā€™t it a bit ironic that Jack is being supported and carried by WOC, while sheā€™s the one being called the presenter and getting paid? Andi and Chetna came with all the knowledge, charisma, and warmth, and weā€™ve got idiot jack as the ā€˜starā€™?? Seriously, even at this new improved stage, sheā€™s a dreadful and unnatural presenter. I want Andi to be my mum, she so friendly and you can tell must make amazing dinners from how she describes food.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I think it might actually be really funny watching it drunk.
I mean I could commit to this (I love day drinking) but I wish she'd move farting around in her dining room to like 8 instead of 5. Jack listen to your viewing masses!(tattle)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I mean I could commit to this (I love day drinking) but I wish she'd move farting around in her dining room to like 8 instead of 5. Jack listen to your viewing masses!(tattle)
Agree on this. Best at 8 after dinner and during the cocktail hour.

Reactions: 4
I can hear this in an Alan Partridge style too!!
She reminds me of Alan Partridge at every turn! The deluded ego, the quiet desperation, the social strangeness. It actually fascinates me how poor she is at interacting with people. She's like an alien trying to imitate regular human social behaviour and always missing the mark. To be honest, I'm a bit that way myself so it makes me cringe to see it played out on screen. I'd actually feel a little sympathetic to her on that score were it not for the crappy stuff she keeps saying and doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Isn't "children's meals" as a concept almost as non woke and outdated as "boys' toys"?
I assume next episode is will include SB walking to the shop and using his own pocket money to buy the ingredients seeing as itā€™s the only way he can access non vegan products in the Monroe household

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Best ever coleslaw recipe.

Carrot
Red Onion
Red Cabbage (or white, but I like the colour)

Shred.

Mix with lots of mayonnaise, a blob of natural yoghurt/sour cream if you've got some knocking around in the fridge, rice wine vinegar or the pink vinegar from a jar of beetroot, sea salt, tons of pepper, lemon or lime juice and dump into a very large Tupperware container and leave over night, occasionally shaking it when you're delving into the fridge for snacks.

Then upend the joyous creation onto a crispy baked potato. And add more pepper.

If it's a bottom of the fridge jobbie, you can also add spring onion, cooked beetroot (use the egg slicer musical instrument for that or you'll look like a serial killer for a week), finely sliced celery (add celery salt if that's in there), grated courgette, chopped chives or the rest of a cucumber that looks a bit stumpy and sad.

The key is the vinegar/acidity and salt to start to pickle it slightly. And to make at least an ice cream tub full of the stuff, as you'll want it again the next day.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I feel sad sheā€™s switched off her comments on the Lives because then sheā€™s ā€œunreachableā€ to the likes of N who sheā€™s spent so long pretending to be friends with.. I get why - they would be awful this week - but it just feels like sheā€™s created this platform and then closes it when it suits her. Why am I surprised?

N has yet to redeem her voucher. Iā€™m not overly surprised but I canā€™t think of any method of convincing her to do so. I hope that bloody book has arrived though; there is no excuse to not have received at least one copy. I do not buy that Royal Mail has lost a whole batch. Jack has forgotten to post a whole batch.

I was thinking that if itā€™s unclaimed at the end of the month, there was someone on here who was saying how worried they were at making it through the summer financially. I know itā€™d be a tiny drop in the ocean for you, but perhaps you could use it to buy something irresponsible like Jaffa cakes and a microplane..?
Anyway, if that was you, DM me. Absolutely no obligations etc

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Best ever coleslaw recipe.

Carrot
Red Onion
Red Cabbage (or white, but I like the colour)

Shred.

Mix with lots of mayonnaise, a blob of natural yoghurt/sour cream if you've got some knocking around in the fridge, rice wine vinegar or the pink vinegar from a jar of beetroot, sea salt, tons of pepper, lemon or lime juice and dump into a very large Tupperware container and leave over night, occasionally shaking it when you're delving into the fridge for snacks.

Then upend the joyous creation onto a crispy baked potato. And add more pepper.

If it's a bottom of the fridge jobbie, you can also add spring onion, cooked beetroot (use the egg slicer musical instrument for that or you'll look like a serial killer for a week), finely sliced celery (add celery salt if that's in there), grated courgette, chopped chives or the rest of a cucumber that looks a bit stumpy and sad.

The key is the vinegar/acidity and salt to start to pickle it slightly. And to make at least an ice cream tub full of the stuff, as you'll want it again the next day.
Wishes you were my neighbour with lots of leftovers to share.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.