Jack Monroe #25 Worst paid advance, posing in her pants, at least Hellmans gave this 10 yr newbie a chance.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
53EA7902-C70D-40DD-B111-6E2975154CE3.jpeg

You know what, after that ‘Let me breathe’ tweet by Jack she can duck right off. I’ve got something to get off my chest.

This is ME. At the time I was terrified of repercussions to Tattle members so didn’t say who I was when the tweets surfaced. But I can confirm all of what happened during that time was true, she had a go and then her hounds followed me - in the end I had to turn off notifications as I was getting hateful message after hateful message.

What was the crime you ask? (Incase anyone forgot)

I tweeted the DKL hashtag (not Jack or Matt) and asked why there was a Hairy Bikers segment on afternoon tea, when following it both Jack AND Matt were quite negative about them.

Jack then tweeted me saying “sorry I haven’t been to the Ritz” or something along those lines implying she’s too poor to have an afternoon tea, using quote tweet and then it spiralled. She knew what she was doing, I was getting hundreds of notifications about it because she had set those hounds on me. Then the DM’s started, implying I was a troll, I’m ugly, I’m horrible, the worst one was saying I should kill myself. They’re all in the hands of the police but obviously I won’t post them here as it’s part of an ongoing investigation. These people sending such hateful tweets are people with their full names in their bio, location, job, everything. It’s so weird that Jack has this hold over them and turns them into absolute monsters.
Weeks on and if you look at my Twitter I’ve barely posted a thing as I’m scared of the same thing happening again, just for having an opinion. I never even tweeted her directly, and she’s caused me to be tit scared of using Twitter for fear of it again.

I’d like to say I hope she learns her lesson but one minute she told me her DM’s were open if I ever needed to talk about the tweets, and the second minute she had blocked me. She 100% is curating her own Jack echo chamber.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 145
Thanks @Badlyplatedflapjacks for making the new thread!

I don’t know if this would be a viable idea considering how fast the threads move and how different users make them each time but on another gossip website the thread starts like:

Jack Monroe is a [very brief rundown]

Her main dramas are:
  • A
  • B
  • C [with appropriate links e.g. to limegoss article]
The main things that happened in the last thread were:
  • X
  • Y
  • Z
Obviously it would be much more work than the current system but might be useful to newcomers from Twitter etc?

Feel like I’m suggesting an upheaval to the whole Tattle system here but A LOT happens with Jack 🤔

Reactions: 25
@BeautifulTrauma Even if you had posted a more critical/rude comment you still wouldn't deserve any of that but to have such a run of the mill BBC points of view style comment, that wasn't even directed at Jack personally, be used as reason for such vitriol is disgusting. I'm glad you reported it and so sorry that it happened to you. 💐

I honestly think society would be better off without twitter, where is the good in it? I can only see the harm.

Reactions: 32
Twitter is AWFUL. Jack was right, it’s a hellscape. If it closed down tomorrow no body would miss it.

Reactions: 17
View attachment 150601
You know what, after that ‘Let me breathe’ tweet by Jack she can duck right off. I’ve got something to get off my chest.

This is ME. At the time I was terrified of repercussions to Tattle members so didn’t say who I was when the tweets surfaced. But I can confirm all of what happened during that time was true, she had a go and then her hounds followed me - in the end I had to turn off notifications as I was getting hateful message after hateful message.

I tweeted the DKL hashtag (not Jack or Matt) and asked why there was a Hairy Bikers segment on afternoon tea, when following it both Jack AND Matt were quite negative about them.

Jack then tweeted me saying “sorry I haven’t been to the Ritz” or something along those lines implying she’s too poor to have an afternoon tea, using quote tweet and then it spiralled. She knew what she was doing, I was getting hundreds of notifications about it because she had set those hounds on me. Then the DM’s started, implying I was a troll, I’m ugly, I’m horrible, the worst one was saying I should kill myself. They’re all in the hands of the police but obviously I won’t post them here as it’s part of an ongoing investigation. These people sending such hateful tweets are people with their full names in their bio, location, job, everything. It’s so weird that Jack has this hold over them and turns them into absolute monsters.
Weeks on and if you look at my Twitter I’ve barely posted a thing as I’m scared of the same thing happening again, just for having an opinion. I never even tweeted her directly, and she’s caused me to be tit scared of using Twitter for fear of it again.

I’d like to say I hope she learns her lesson but one minute she told me her DM’s were open if I ever needed to talk about the tweets, and the second minute she had blocked me. She 100% is curating her own Jack echo chamber.
This makes me SO angry and I am so sorry you had to go through this. You had an opinion on a tv show and you shared your thoughts on it without even tagging her. She watched that hashtag like a hound - replying to every single negative comment and far fewer of the positive ones. She used that platform in a disgusting way which is even more ironic when she then chirps on about trolled and harrassed.

If anyone ever starts to feel sorry for her then remember the stories like this. Im ptetty sure (but recalling off the top of my head so may be wrong) that in the Monroe vs Hopkins case she got pleasure out of getting into spats at times? Disgusting.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
I just Googled water rowers and cheapest is £799. Not exactly poor is she?

@BeautifulTrauma i really hope they are able to take appropriate action, Jack is lower than low and really needs to be publicly outed on this.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
@BeautifulTrauma Even if you had posted a more critical/rude comment you still wouldn't deserve any of that but to have such a run of the mill BBC points of view style comment, that wasn't even directed at Jack personally, be used as reason for such vitriol is disgusting. I'm glad you reported it and so sorry that it happened to you. 💐

I honestly think society would be better off without twitter, where is the good in it? I can only see the harm.
I treat Twitter as the modern equivalent of shouting at the telly.

Other people seem to treat it as more real than real life.

Reactions: 15
Erm...🙋if she has deleted blocked loads of people after today, won't itmess her watchable ratings for the show? You kind of need followers so they can watch your online show else it's pretty pointless having one. Just my thoughts.

Tbh she's actually put me off buying any Hellman's products. There's nothing on these ads that's making think I need to have it on my life.

Reactions: 13
I still don’t understand why she lives through Twitter, when she barely goes on Instagram, which she seems to think is a much nicer place. If you’re asking for advice about something controversial, always having to caveat with ‘don’t attack me you horrible trolls’, maybe you’re looking for your interactions in the wrong place. Or, the right place, if you’re, I dunno, obsessed with drama.

Reactions: 20
View attachment 150601

This is really horrible to read and I really hope you’re ok. It’s not on and she needs her account deleting, she’s horrible. It’s insane that you can tweet the most innocuous thing and her minions pile on with the vilest of things but it’s totally fine for them to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

It's not twitter which is bad in itself (I personally have found it extremely educational in many ways, but I have a carefully curated TL and a small-ish, locked account), it's the way it's used by some people.

@BeautifulTrauma I'm so sorry this happened to you, it's especially galling that Jack sets herself up as some sort of mental health advocate and goes on about her own struggles, yet instigates this sort of nastiness.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
View attachment 150601

It’s also so strange, whatever MH issues/ personality issues jack has, how can her fans all be the same?

Reactions: 10
I found all the tweets @BeautifulTrauma Didn’t she tell her followers to stop harassing you? Nah, of course not. She’s happy to just sit back and watch scores of them shout “BE KIND” at you.

Also, it was on BBC so you have every right to criticise the show. You’re paying for it through licensing.

I thought your(?) suggestion of a cheap afternoon tea was exactly something she should do, instead of acting like it’s what posh nobbers have so wouldn’t know where to start.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
It was the ‘LET ME BREATHE’ ending to the tweet earlier today.

Does anyone actually believe she thinks before she tweets? Because that is the most vile tweet she’s written to date, void of any class or empathy of the current situation around the world.

Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.