Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
53EA7902-C70D-40DD-B111-6E2975154CE3.jpeg

You know what, after that ‘Let me breathe’ tweet by Jack she can fuck right off. I’ve got something to get off my chest.

This is ME. At the time I was terrified of repercussions to Tattle members so didn’t say who I was when the tweets surfaced. But I can confirm all of what happened during that time was true, she had a go and then her hounds followed me - in the end I had to turn off notifications as I was getting hateful message after hateful message.

What was the crime you ask? (Incase anyone forgot)

I tweeted the DKL hashtag (not Jack or Matt) and asked why there was a Hairy Bikers segment on afternoon tea, when following it both Jack AND Matt were quite negative about them.

Jack then tweeted me saying “sorry I haven’t been to the Ritz” or something along those lines implying she’s too poor to have an afternoon tea, using quote tweet and then it spiralled. She knew what she was doing, I was getting hundreds of notifications about it because she had set those hounds on me. Then the DM’s started, implying I was a troll, I’m ugly, I’m horrible, the worst one was saying I should kill myself. They’re all in the hands of the police but obviously I won’t post them here as it’s part of an ongoing investigation. These people sending such hateful tweets are people with their full names in their bio, location, job, everything. It’s so weird that Jack has this hold over them and turns them into absolute monsters.
Weeks on and if you look at my Twitter I’ve barely posted a thing as I’m scared of the same thing happening again, just for having an opinion. I never even tweeted her directly, and she’s caused me to be shit scared of using Twitter for fear of it again.

I’d like to say I hope she learns her lesson but one minute she told me her DM’s were open if I ever needed to talk about the tweets, and the second minute she had blocked me. She 100% is curating her own Jack echo chamber.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 145

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
Not to be a bandwagon dick, but given all the new conversations about race, isn’t it a bit ironic that Jack is being supported and carried by WOC, while she’s the one being called the presenter and getting paid? Andi and Chetna came with all the knowledge, charisma, and warmth, and we’ve got idiot jack as the ‘star’?? Seriously, even at this new improved stage, she’s a dreadful and unnatural presenter. I want Andi to be my mum, she so friendly and you can tell must make amazing dinners from how she describes food.

• Heart
Reactions: 64

Motherwellgirl

I was one of the original kickstarter funders, I have a few of her books, never cooked any of her recipes though. I left twitter last year. I was targeted by a group of people who doxxed and threatened me. Long story. I still have a look on twitter now and then and Jack’s feed makes me very uncomfortable. The dramas, the pile ons. One of the main people who targeted me dog piled me for a year. He only has 14k followers but it’s horrible being on the receiving end of that. If you have a large platform you have the potential to do so much good with it. The gang who harassed me, badly, I had to see police six times last year, constantly threatened me with police and solicitors for challenging the lies they told about me. I’m not comfortable with anyone who uses legal threats to stifle opinion.

She has plenty to say about other people but no one can have an opinion on her, that’s not how it works, particularly if you are reasonably high profile.

She’s clearly hurting just now, split from her partner. Why not just say it?

The vegan thing also really baffles me. I’ve only been vegan just over a year, it’s not that tough to do. Why make a huge drama about going vegan and then call yourself 80/90 per cent plant based and then post comments saying you had a sausage sandwich 4 nights in a row? I remember when she was vegan and then she would start posting that she was getting cravings for pork belly.

I also agree that if you are making half decent money, don’t ask your followers to donate to you. Too many people on twitter seem to think their followers should pay their bills and it’s generally people who don’t have much that give. Enough already.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63

NP

VIP Member
I'd just like to use this opportunity to get a long-held confession off my chest:

"I, HarderFaster, Doctor of Philosophy, have absolutely no idea how to use Pinterest".

Fuck, that's a relief to type out loud.
Oh it’s really simple.

Step 1: Log in
Step 2: Save loads of Pins for cool ideas and recipes
Step 3: Close app
Step 4: Never make any of those things ever.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 59

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
@BeautifulTrauma I'm so sorry you were subjected to her hideous nest of vipers. JM knew exactly what she was doing when she replied to you. She is a nasty piece of work. I cannot stand her.
The thing was, she didn’t even need to reply. She wasn’t directly tweeted by me, it was the DKL hashtag where everyone was leaving comments on the show.

The fact she was patrolling that hashtag and anything negative jumping on it and setting her followers onto people was abhorrent. It wasn’t just me it happened to, there were several others. Now, I don’t believe a word she says because she’s a compulsive liar and genuinely needs psychological help. I’ve never seen someone so addicted to the adulation and unable to accept any form of criticism, Matt didn’t tweet a thing and the proof is in the pudding. She’s been nowhere near the BBC since then - every single guest from DKL has been on SK since but her. What does that tell you?!

Ps. Sue me if you want Jack, but you can get to fuck you toxic gremlin.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57

Silver Linings

VIP Member
Fraus, hacks, cabal, I know we are BUSY, but I have become a VIP. Feeling the ❤ from this bunch of vile and fucking horrible underbellied fantasists. The sandwiches are on me! 🚗

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
it has taken me all day on board the @GrunkaLunka Express to catch up here.
I pulled a @GrunkaLunka and fell behind,
These two posts, one after the other have made me laugh so loud that I have woken my sleeping baby who is now furious.

Welcome back slackers! Let this be a lesson to you, you need to stay on your toes with this one. We have all learned a valuable lesson, remain vigilant.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

NP

VIP Member
I love that @GrunkaLunka has become a verb.

GrunkaLunka
verb

The action of travelling through space and time to bring oneself up to date with current gossip.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54

PennyLoafer

Chatty Member
I used to join the cat (as in my face in the bowl next to hers) and 'share' her food when I was about 3 - apparently my reasoning was I loved her so much I wanted us to do everything together and if she was allowed to share my bed I should be allowed to share her food 🤷‍♀️
That's so sweet! I think that kids naturally bond with animals unless they're discouraged from doing so. I used to eat Winalot biscuits at my Auntie & Uncle's house when I was little. By choice, I should add.

Some happy news over here, Tattlers: I've just signed all the paperwork for my house purchase. All that's left to do now is wait for a completion date to be agreed. I'm reeling a little - I've been in my first house for 14 years and it took a huge mental effort to decide to move on - but I'm feeling good!

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Silver Linings

VIP Member
Just GrunkaLunkered my way through 20 pages, didn’t watch the live, glad I didn’t... raw tofu sandwiches? 🤢

Also have no idea how she has such low viewing figures for 135k followers and a big brand sponsoring her. I’ve seen Instagram lives by users with less than 10k followers but a similar amount of viewers
Imagine when we’re all in the dock and the Judge is about to rule (not guilty, obv) when he pops his posh half glasses on his nose and shuffles ream after ream of Jack’s poor printer paper and says he’s finally ‘grunkalunkered’ through them.

The judge.........has a tattle account.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

Hen

I posted the middle comment on Twitter. It wasn’t meant as a personal attack. Just a view, whilst some of us (grandparents) are trying hard to comply with lockdown for the greater good. I think it’s ok to try and point out to people the current ‘rules’. JM’s reply is totally shocking. It’s very personal. Swearing at me and accusing me. She is an absolute disgrace. She blocked me straight away! Crazy if she sees such comments as dissent.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

Motherwellgirl

Hi! 👋🏻 I like you already.
Thank you :)

I assume Jack is talking about being bullied on here? Two years ago I crossed a bunch of people on twitter. Same political beliefs. I made an opinion. I got targeted. When I say targeted, they found my address and tweeted it, they tweeted photos of my flat with a meme of my face in it. Lots of lies. I got death threats as well and threats to put me in hospital. Sent stuff to my house, incontinence pants no less. I had nasty misogynistic blogs written about me. There were twitter accounts dedicated to me. 27 at the last count. Not the first person this gang have picked off. That’s bullying.

o_O
Hi! 👋🏻 I like you already.

p.s sorry if you got screwed over with the Kickstarter And the twitter thing is awful!
Thank you:) These people found my address. They tweeted photos of my house. I got death threats, I got Tena lady sent to my flat as well. Misogynistic blogs written about me. Threats to find me, maps of my house tweeted with a red dot to signify where my flat was. 27 nasty twitter accounts dedicated to me. That’s bullying. Expressing an opinion isn’t bullying.

What one of those bullies did was stalk my Twitter and any time I was asking for help did a HUGE drama to turn it back on him. I’m not suggesting that Jack is like these people but too many things about her account make me uncomfortable.

Quote tweet pile ons, setting the dogs on people. I had 15 months of that, it’s horrible being on the other end of that.

You can’t just wash crap behaviour away by shouting ‘I’m depressed, be kind’. If she dropped the act and said to people, look I’m struggling, she might fare a bit better.

People who create and thrive on that much drama tend to be very unhappy people.

Also, if she’s got a decent steady income why was she selling pictures to fans? There’s honestly nothing about her that I can relate to. It’s like she has to overshare to keep people interested? Autistic ex prostitute with ADHD who used to work in a chippy and is vegan ish?

I’ve seen too many people with huge followings on twitter who use twitter to make themselves feel better about their lives, they end up feeling worse. She’s caught in that cycle, so many red flags on her twitter account for me.

I remember her making this really glib comment about Scottish independence, sitting in her kilt happy at the UK still being together, because of course her grandfathers cousin was Scottish or something. I’m Scottish and I campaigned for months for the yes vote, she’s of course entitled to her opinion but some of us worked really hard for yes. Everything has to always be about her, she’s always been like that (and it’s getting worse by the looks of her twitter).

She’s stuck in a negative cycle and she won’t and can’t change this. Particularly when you have super fans who massage your ego 24/7. The best thing she could do right now is take a decent break from twitter and sort out the stuff in her life that needs sorted, being on there won’t fix anything.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48

Harrybosch

VIP Member
It's so basic. For these live broadcasts you either press 'go live' yourself and get a 3, 2, 1 countdown, or you may use a different platform (likely, one where the team helping you can send you messages and run promos through) and that one WILL go live at the scheduled time, no matter what. So what any reasonable person does is smile at the camera about two minutes before the countdown and then says 'Hi, welcome, blah blah blahh' and as it's normal for numbers to climb for the first few minutes, just do a bit of fluff at the beginning, as in

'I'm Jack Monroe and Hellmann's have kindly sponsored me to talk about sandwiches today. Hi Nims, hi Olivia, nice to see so many of you here already. I hope you are ready for some great sandwich ideas. I'm a huge mayo fiend, so for me, most sandwiches must have mayo on them, butperhaps you like a bit of mustard instead. Hey, why don't you pop into the comments what condiments you love on a sandwich - oh, ketchup. Controversial. Ha, ok, let's get started. Welcome everyone, I'm Jack Monroe and this is Leftover Larder, brought to you by Hellmann's and today we are talking, making and tasting some fantastic sandwiches!'

That would take about 45 seconds, by which point you really can start the show.

• Heart

Blurp

VIP Member
"What, Jack be bitter"

Jack be bitter,
Jack be quick,
Jack, stop being such a dick.

• Haha
  • Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Whoa. A lot of pages to catch up on but am caught up now.

1) why tell Twitter you are desperate to do something that is currently prohibited then snap back when people rightly say it's not right. A) use google and B) don't tell us then!

2) stop blaming your fans for missing post. Why does she need to send them out anyway, buyers should buy direct from reputable bookshops.

3) that BREATHE comment....wow, words fail me.

4) stop trying to be soooo woke

5) actually log off twitter for a week, properly!!! Pre schedule your promo tweets if you must.

6) take some annual leave to chill out at home, you clearly need a rest

7) be humble and admit you are wrong about things

8) stop releasing the hounds on naysayers! Who are you, Mr Burns from the Simpsons?

9) Not everything has to be about you

10) leave the boy's hair alone. Everyones' hair is looking a bit long these days, we are all in the same boat! A few more weeks to wait is fine. Come on, perspective please!

11) stop saying you don't read here then contradict by quoting what is said here.

12) disregard all of the above as you inevitably will anyway. Rinse and repeat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

HarderFaster

VIP Member
Anyone notice that posts on Jack's threads now quite often get more daily likes than even the ones on the Hinch threads?

We're growing the coven...

• Haha
Reactions: 47

lipsticktaser

VIP Member
Just when you think 'maybe a leopard can change it's spots'.
You realise it's just shaved half it's head, dyed it grey, and started another book scam.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
@GrunkaLunka I will need a motivational chat from you tomorrow as I’m still 15 pages behind and I need to sleep 😴

But in other news....old Lennie is now a VIP! I’ve never been prouder 🥳🥳🥳

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43

HarderFaster

VIP Member
I know this is quite insignificant in the grand scheme of Jack's overall obnoxiousness but the thing about the clippers is just comical. Around her Britney-circa-2007 headshaving she was like "I did it with a £9 beard trimmer I got from Asda", yet now she suddenly owns Wahl (fancy!) clippers, another set of clippers and THREE (it's a magic number) beard trimmers... At the time we were all like "no frigging way has she done that with a beard trimmer".

Has she acquired all of these since the head-shaving? Did she forget that she owned them already when she was in the appliances aisle (commonly found next to her beloved towel aisle at all good supermarkets near you!)?

As I said, this is so minor but it's these stupid little tales which catch compulsive liars out. She makes out like we're evil stalker trolls targeting her family but really we've just got better memories than she has.

• Heart
Reactions: 42