Jack Monroe #249 Smart Price Custard Denier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just like the accountant was the hero of the untouchables - forget Andy Garcia and his hat - I really want HMRC to be the undoing of Monroe. For the utter contempt she shows to working people with her cons.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I can’t fecking believe this ( I’ve arrived at the 445 number, so god knows what it is by now.

I can’t believe Nigella has done this - poor little Dickensian Match girl Jackie fighting the good fight for the poor is a media construction.

The obnoxious, argumentative, vegan baiting, trans annoying, tastebud violating, tax dodging, lazy, whining, work shy gobshite, busy only infantilising her non-resident son and rattling round her empty 750k house (even if she is bouncing rent checks) and spending uncontrollably, and not paying her taxes, thick, grifting, winter fuel taking LIAR does not need the hard earned cash of others, especially when she is the heir to the multi million pound Hadjicostas property empire.

FOR duck’S SAKE - how many imbeciles are going to fall for this?!????

I am beyond furious

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 73
I can’t fecking believe this ( I’ve arrived at the 445 number, so god knows what it is by now.

I can’t believe Nigella has done this - poor little Dickensian Match girl Jackie fighting the good fight for the poor is a media construction.

The obnoxious, argumentative, vegan baiting, trans annoying, tastebud violating, tax dodging, lazy, whining, work shy gobshite, busy only infantilising her non-resident son and rattling round her empty 750k house (even if she is bouncing rent checks) and spending uncontrollably, and not paying her taxes, thick, grifting, winter fuel taking LIAR does not need the hard earned cash of others, especially when she is the heir to the multi million pound Hadjicostas property empire.

FOR duck’S SAKE - how many imbeciles are going to fall for this?!????

I am beyond furious
That's exactly it! It's gone beyond cosplay and somehow entered into canon in the public consciousness, for reasons as inexplicable as an egg. Jack Monroe's 'poverty' is a media construct.
It makes me beyond furious, too.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 43
Just like the accountant was the hero of the untouchables - forget Andy Garcia and his hat - I really want HMRC to be the undoing of Monroe. For the utter contempt she shows to working people with her cons.
I’m holding out for the same. If the squigs can’t see it, it’s going to take an organisation taking action to take her down a notch.
She can’t be allowed to do this forever, it’s going to catch up to her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I totally missed the part where Daddy is an MBE. How do people still believe that her parents would have left her struggling, and continuing to do so, with a child.

Aren't they embarrassed as hell about it?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Thread title
Asda still sell the 45p rice and 20p pasta, Jack. Where are all the Patreon rewards?

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I'm not that good with Twitter, but it looks like there hasn't been any activity from her for 7 hours, about the time Nigella did her thing. That seems unusual huh?

Reactions: 40
I just want to ask these people what do you think Jack does?

Free recipes? OK, but I can find free recipes for literally every dish ever conceived, because internet. I don't know any recipe writer who puts their work behind a paywall! I can search cheap recipes uk or costed recipes uk, and I get a ton of results. Plus her website is full of ads, so this is not an altruistic gesture. PLUS her recipes are incomprehensibly written, riddled with mistakes, and largely inedible.

Campaigning? Well, she tweets a lot. No, she wasn't involved with Free School Meals - she once interviewed Marcus Rashford for GQ magazine. Every time she claims to have worked a lot with him, she posts a picture from that interview as evidence. There has never been any indication that they have worked together.

Helping the poor? She claims to receive private messages from desperate poor people who wish to remain anonymous. There is no evidence to support this, and it's a bit bleeping weird, if you think about it for more than half a second. She also produces scaremongering nonsense, ghoulishly writing about suicides and screaming at people that they're going to starve to death, which is...not helpful.

Helping food banks? She occasionally donates, I'll give her that. She generally only talks about the Trussell Trust and ignores other food banks. She also tells people what to donate, which a) varies from location to location, and b) ignores the fact that the most helpful donation will ALWAYS be money. Give cash to a food bank and they can buy exactly what they need, take advantage of bulk offers, etc.

Volunteer work? Ummmm...does tweeting count?

Amplifying voices? This is an odd concept from the start, but regardless - Jack Monroe's view of poverty is so narrow, and her claims are so far-fetched, that she actually has a negative effect here. Because if you haven't sold your lightbulbs, you're not poor enough. If you've never sold your toddler's favourite toys or stolen a Big Mac from a bin, you're not poor enough. If you have an Aldi in your city, then you should stay in your lane, Mr Moneybags!

Effective change? Hmm. Jack Monroe has been "working" as an activist for a decade now. If anyone can point to a single policy change that has resulted from this work, I will buy Tin Can Cook and personally cook every recipe in it. And tinned chicken in white sauce is not even sold in my country, so I'll be paying to have it shipped here.

So please, if any Jack fan stumbles upon this thread, before you leave in tears back to the safety of Twitter, please please please tell us what she actually does. Please.

• Heart
Reactions: 99
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.