Jack Monroe #249 Smart Price Custard Denier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every bloody penny she's grifted today should be donated to a food bank. With a receipt as proof. She should hang her head in shame, disgusting little runt.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 64
Current number is 178 idiots up this month on Patreon. As mentioned upthread, some came before today. Using the basic £3.50 tier, 12% fee, that's just shy of £550 extra a month.

The Asda (the L15 incarnation) has 45p rice, 20p spaghetti, 27p marmalade amongst other delights. Like the 5p sausages - 20 for a quid. I agree overall there are less of the super low price stuff but there are plenty of alternative options. In the basic ranges I was looking at (whilst dodging bleeping students) I didn't see anything I thought was overly priced. But then I do think of the whole food chain, not much my pocket.

I can report kebab prices are on the rise again. Maybe I'll publish a detailed study alongside the ranking of chilli sauces? You can't put a price on a homemade, toilet roll in the freezer, sinus emptying sauce.
I too was in the L15 incarnation today, and I’m never normally in that area anymore. I even got off the bus a few stops early so that I could specifically look at the range they had - but the gaggles of students made it difficult.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Indeed Nigella! Hurrah! Lashings of J1G for everyone !!

I don’t think I’ve used the 😡 reaction so much in such a short space of time.

off to calm down with Alice Evans’ reddit receipts 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I did, it didn’t crush the ice (because made of plastic) the flavour stuff was in a little penguin with a hole in the top of his head to squeeze it out, the flavour sauce went weird/off v quickly and had kind of Orange fibres in it? 1/10 would not buy again, if you were spoilt like I was you will know that Keepers were a better bet.
Not if you had Tango and wanted the purple one. My mates all had the flippin' purple me and I was on my own with an orange one. Not that I'm bitter or anything....

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Anyone know any ethical hackers who could hack into the Patreon and cancel everyone's subs? 😉 Payment in Slopcoin can be arranged I'm sure.

(For the court records, this is a JOKE)

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Not if you had Tango and wanted the purple one. My mates all had the flippin' purple me and I was on my own with an orange one. Not that I'm bitter or anything....
I don’t think Tango had been invented yet!
On topic- Jack’s a charlatan

Reactions: 16
Ugh, we are officially mofos

View attachment 1025981
Seen ‘poetry’ and thought ‘what the duck’ then my mind dashed to Billy Bragg’s album Talking to the Taxman About Poetry 🙂🤷🏻‍♀️
Nothing else to offer at the moment; I’m on a grunk. She makes me feel hateful. Really bleeping hateful.
Also; big up the L15 crew 👌🏼 I’m an ex-L15er meself.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
View attachment 1025711
[/QUOTE]
Red squig has been tweeting everyone from Alastair Campbell to Stephen McGann about Jack's Patreon, urging them to retweet. She's also a grass.

Can we do a thread on this motherfucker? Joke obvs but I’m so angry-how can Jack accept this money & not ask people to instead give it to people like Colgate man or the noodle ketchup lady (I know they’re v likely made up but there are homeless people, kids going to bed hungry & this shitstain is gratefully accepting donations whilst whining about poverty, not putting the heating on & making out she’s in need when we’ve all seen her many high end goods & insane spending.
It really is appalling. A journalist really needs to do an expose here-it’s just SO deceitful & wrong. Jack can earn money like everyone else & still do her ‘activism’ (tweeting) like the rest of us.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
So after kicking her in the shins explaining calmly I got past the crap maths (which mum still seemed dubious about being wrong, argh) to the tin rattle on social media. Mum doesn’t do SM of any sort so when I explained the tip jar/PayPal/patreon she was aghast. Asked if Jack was able to work and when I explained yes and corrected her on SB’s age she then changed her tune and said ‘she can get a bloody job like the rest of us. What makes her so special to get money for free?’. Slowly and softly got there in the end, kind of.

Then I raised the point that actually there’s several things Jack could be campaigning about that could make a real difference and she agreed. I think what galled me is my mum grew up in a low income family where food, amongst other things had to be stretched and still (understandably) carries a lot of that baggage with her around.

Dad apparently called Jack an idiot when she rinsed the baked beans during the TM segment. Didn’t see the logic so am relieved I don’t have to convince him.

I will preface this by saying this is a sensitive subject for me so I could be mithering unfairly but the groaning ovaries thing made me uncomfortable. I have endometriosis and from my late teens underwent various (and often intrusive) treatments/appointments so don’t refer to mine so flippantly. I’ve been incredibly fortunate to have children but this has been accompanied by the heartache of two pregnancy losses, one of which was life threatening and I lost a Fallopian tube. So I have a dislike for what I think of as unnecessary pretend cutsie terms when many of us have experienced a lot of Gynae related heartache and wish we could be flippant. Sorry probably not articulated that very well.

The comment about the child is yuck. She has zero boundaries which is a massive red flag. That is someone else’s child - leave them be (as in off social media). Also likely done to wind someone up.

And shame on you Nigella for fuelling this cosplaying fraud further. My only hope is that some of them might get vocal when they don’t get anything in return.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.