Jack Monroe #249 Smart Price Custard Denier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone get a Mr Frosty? I have never met anyone who did but lots of people who desperately wanted one.

Reckon it was all a massive marketing campaign and they never actually made one.
My friend had one and I was really excited when I went to her house and got to play with it imagining a lovely slush puppy. You basically grate some ice cubes and add some juice to it, you get a few tiny ice flakes for a lot of effort and it was a massive disappointment.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Nigella is a dick. She could signpost her sizeable, wealthy audience towards charities that help the poor. Instead she tells them to keep her little pet pov in Cotswalds. duck off and take your "teeheehee I'm so naughty making a cheesecake as a midnight snack" nonsense with you!

Get her going where exactly?
BIN! With any luck

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I have to admire Divine Brown though, she didn't have a clue who he was until the press turned up on her doorstep the following morning, but she rode the publicity wave like a pro, made $1.6 million, bought a house and put her daughters through private school. She had good business sense!
Slight tangent but this is the wild thing about the personal finance sleep paralysis demon that is Jackie. If she wasn’t such a compulsive spender she could really have had it all and built out a pretty decent net worth by now?!

If she had just started out with a flat or small house from that first advance, built equity and moved on up to the 🥺forever home🥺 quite comfortably. Sent SB to prep school with the Patreon cash. She could own multiple Bitcoins. Rinsed the rich fiancés for Chanel flap bags and new teeth and other frivolities. The possibilities were truly endless and she chose Cotswold co and a John Lewis loyalty card????? Foolish behaviour.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Nigella‘s tweet is going to mint her certainly in the short term. But new donors are already expecting something in return and that’s never going to happen. She may have to declare tax woes and say she hasn’t been able to earn due to Covid, Brexit and generally being useless. I wonder if this will actually end up being the straw that broke the camel’s back. Who was the observer journalist who was goggle eyed at how much you got on patron for zero input? I haven’t seen much love from them to her. And their big blue tickers, Rayner and Wiseman, to my knowledge haven’t publicly supported the latest pricing non sense.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
You basically grate some ice cubes and add some juice to it, you get a few tiny ice flakes for a lot of effort and it was a massive disappointment.
wait, is this where Jacks obsession with grating unsuitable ingredients began ? Deprived of not only a lilac Mercedes, but a ice grating mr frosty too, poor smol pixie Jack has the last laugh by flaunting her grater to everyone who told her she was too white trash to grate

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I went back to look at Dawn’s - no shade on her by the way, just to contrast someone who is treating it like an income stream and providing content. She has 396 posts so far. Two this week. A podcast, q&as, a weekly blog, giveaways, competitions etc. She has two levels, £4 + vat which gets everything and £6 + vat which also gets everything, plus a welcome video and a credit in her next book and she donates 10% of those Patreon fees to Choose Love. Those bands means she has at least 1500 Patreons.

will Jack see this as a sign to start actually providing what she offers? Or leave it as free money.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Thats whats crazing me. Shes touting herself as an expert on poverty. Its like Nathan Barley but for social campaigning.
Funny you should mention Nathan Barley as I was just thinking about this the other day - this latest twitter chaos demonstrates beyond a doubt that (to quote Dan Ashcroft) “the idiots are winning”. 😕

Reactions: 22
Who was the observer journalist who was goggle eyed at how much you got on patron for zero input?
I think it was the editor of the Observer Food Monthly, he’s not a blue tick, but I’m sure he must be pretty well connected in both the food and the journalism worlds.

Reactions: 19
I mean, I guess this means she won't be able to play the "I only have £34 in my account" shite anymore.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Nigella‘s tweet is going to mint her certainly in the short term. But new donors are already expecting something in return and that’s never going to happen. She may have to declare tax woes and say she hasn’t been able to earn due to Covid, Brexit and generally being useless. I wonder if this will actually end up being the straw that broke the camel’s back. Who was the observer journalist who was goggle eyed at how much you got on patron for zero input? I haven’t seen much love from them to her. And their big blue tickers, Rayner and Wiseman, to my knowledge haven’t publicly supported the latest pricing non sense.
Sadly Jay went quite early.

Screenshot 2022-01-29 19.12.47.png

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.