Jack Monroe #249 Smart Price Custard Denier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
for some light relief, let's see what our favourite sexy literal retail expert is up to...

oh. I regret to inform you that dresserman is a motivational quote guy

Reactions: 52
I suspect her tweet was aimed at her son's dad's ex. Deliberately to rile them.

Reactions: 37
Big mistake Nigella. In fact so many of these Jack loving nobs are on Bbc payroll that I'm gonna stop paying my licence. I don't need it
They mither you a bit , but it is very satisfying to ring up and explain why you have decided not to watch the BBC. I haven't owned a TV for about 15 yrs.

Reactions: 20
I wouldn't be surprised if a few DMs had been exchanged between Jack and Nige in the wake of the Vibrating Boomerang Index and Jack had laid it on thick with all the "I've done all my media appearances for free, but it's OK, I'm not in this for the money, but isn't it cold at the moment? My arthritis is playing up something rotten and I can't justify putting the heating on because my rent's so high" shite. So this is Mom's way of helping out and doing her good deed for one of the unfortunates.

I really like Nigella and think she usually goes about things with the best of intentions, but I've just unfollowed her as I can't support someone who directly enables this soulless cunt's grift.

Any of our financial fraus know how much she'll be better off a month with 65-70 new paypigs?

Reactions: 62
Thankfully you cannot set up a charity that only benefits an individual. And they don't accept piles of moleskin notebooks as evidence of benefitting a community
I know she can’t register herself as a charity but tip jars and patreons cash for no discernible outputs...you know people say “well I don’t give to Macmillan or Save The Children coz they pay their CEO six figures, I’d rather support a small local charity” well I’d rather support an accountable, transparent monolith charity where there’s a better chance my money plays a part in saving lives in Afghanistan. Those people have already sold their damn kidneys. I’d rather give £3 a month towards a local kid who can’t afford it going to brownies.

Reactions: 53
I can walk to my nearest big shop, but if I need a taxi I put that into my shopping budget. Some people call it adding up big numbers.

Reactions: 30
I have missed a few pages but that tweet has made me proper angry. I hope once they start posting all the fucking tat they buy with the squiggullibles cash the brains might switch on. I am about a glass of wine away from replying to Mom to tell her how angry I am with her for amplifying the grifter and giving credibility to Jack’s grift.

Reactions: 43
The more i see, the more i feel foolish.
We’ve all been there, some have even revisited by doing a live cook along recipe test. Slimy slow cooker bread? Some kind of headfuck garlic and chocolate pasta, I myself was nearly the subject of a welfare check baking apples and oats for 8hrs in a slow cooker.

Reactions: 55
It's going to be more than 65-70, at this rate she'll be on something ridiculous like £3k a month for doing sweet fanny adams.
I'm looking forward to checking if Nigella's followers dropped much after this.

Reactions: 53
I know this has been answered before but I’m lazy, does she have to declare patreon income?

Reactions: 19
I still have no idea what Nigella was thinking.
Jack is not poor and has not been for years.
So many people are genuinely struggling and could do with the condescending nod from her instead.
It is all so incredibly wrong.

Reactions: 51
Wonder if RSM might have something to say after seeing Jacks patreon boosted in this way.

Reactions: 30
Screenshotters @Silver Linings and @Marmalade Atkins
Sorry to be a twat by adding to your load, could you try and keep the date in the shot if possible? I know it’s not always next to the tweet in a thread but if you can....I’m trying to keep the most bad ones in the media area for posterity.
Thank space you so Matt much Matt

Reactions: 37
Wtf Nigella? I’m so disappointed in this.. it’s leading clueless pay pigs to the saluter of Jack Monroe. Jack will be rubbing her hands in sheer delight.

Reactions: 44
I still have no idea what Nigella was thinking.
Jack is not poor and has not been for years.
So many people are genuinely struggling and could do with the condescending nod from her instead.
It is all so incredibly wrong.
I don’t think she ever was poor. She probably thought the food bank trip was something she could get for free - why pay when you can lie? - and then she lied to someone else about her food budget and bang, zeitgeist moment. We know she can’t fucking cook so was she bollocks making carrot and chickpea burgers and suffering for a lack of jam.

Reactions: 36
Meanwhile...an organisation that does actual campaigning knows where to focus: the rising energy bills (using the household segmentation that the Minimum Income Standard uses, which is that standard you never hear Jack about despite her decade of 'hard work'):

Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.