Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How did Jack not know that the Issa brothers took over Asda a year ago? How is this breaking news for Jack 'finger on the pulses and beans pricing' Monroe?
I'm pretty sure most of us could explain that when new owners come into any business there's always a shake up to see where improvements/money can be made. It is a business afterall, not a charity.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Isn't the jump from Smart Price peaches to the next price up less of a jump than going for Del Monte though?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
If I can’t find a particular product in just one of the supermarkets closest to me, despite similar products at the same price, I know I take it as a personal attack and I spend many hours tweeting and threatening to lawyer up.

doesn’t everyone??
Ah, so you haven’t been acquainted with Roadside Mum yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
For the love of God Asda, just find a new role for her as as a forensic basic witch so she can get the pasta back on the shelves in Thorpe Bay. You’ll be sorry if you don’t

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Could it be perhaps, Jack, that a lot of them work part time for reasons? Therefore requiring those benefit top ups you so desperately resent as you are ineligible for them. Free money! Your favourite kind! *wailing and clawing*

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Oh this is magnificent.
It makes no sense, she is deranged.
Do you seriously think the CEO of Asda is the only person who makes sure smart price mandarins are in stock? Why is it a shock that Asda are trying to smarten up their image? They struggle to compete with Lidl/Aldi and are traditionally a 'cheaper' store so it makes sense to try changing direction and go for the higher value market.
And finally, my favourite bit, she thinks she's clever enough to apply for the job. It swings from being hilarious to being pathetic. She genuinely does believe the Squiggles who say she could be Prime Minister.

Big Maths, Little Maths, Cardboard Slops
THREAD TITLE!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Where is her evidence that staff in Asda (who have a staff discount scheme too) can’t afford to shop there, please?
I hope their lawyers royally screw the shite out of her.
Just because someone is on benefits doesn’t mean they can’t afford food. The government figures quoted will probably include child benefit which everyone earning up to something like 50k get and some workers will be in receipt of child tax credit etc so may still be in an ok position Financially so although they may not be having £7 ready meals they can probably put food on the table

Reactions: 49
The old CEO’s salary is irrelevant. It’s a free market. Her envy of rich people is very clear.
also Times has its top taxpayers of the year out this week…

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Can one of her family or friends please stage an intervention. She’s coming across as increasingly desperate and manic.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.