Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do I need to be furiously working through lunch so that I have a clear desk for this afternoon? Is the chaos moon rising? What do I do....hnnnngggg!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Can she never ever just accept she is wrong? To my earlier point this is also how you obtain knowledge. You discuss, you are proven wrong you amend your opinion. Knowledge gained. Ffs she is dumb.
She is not always right, but she is never bloody wrong!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I wonder who’s going to write the apology for her this time.
Brill.

• Haha
Reactions: 64
I love how he's just ignoring Jack 😂
I actually didn't realise it was weighted like this, which takes even more away from Jack's already flimsy-at-best argument.

Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 11.19.37.png

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Jack also tweets about people and institutions with no comeback, like her supposedly anonymous meetings.

Jack - Had a great meeting with ONS, really constructive.

ONS - we sent Bert the intern in with some slides and he took notes for an hour which we binned. He’s getting a bakewell slice for that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
I think the department of Asda that got in touch with her was the legal department.
Also she said people keep missing her point. Forgive me, but I actually am missing her point, other than moaning about her local Asda not having their basics range. I don't see any other points.

This bloke basically said inflation is hitting nation wide and of course it's hitting the poor where it hurts it always does but the bigger picture needs addressing not just Asda smart price sausages.

New deals needs to be made to drive all prices down to a sustainable level and wages and other sources of income need to be increased to match it.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Also she said people keep missing her point. Forgive me, but I actually am missing her point, other than moaning about her local Asda not having their basics range. I don't see any other points.

This bloke basically said inflation is hitting nation wide and of course it's hitting the poor where it hurts it always does but the bigger picture needs addressing not just Asda smart price sausages.

New deals needs to be made to drive all prices down to a sustainable level and wages and other sources of income need to be increased to match it.
She has ten years of receipts (apparently) to prove her big maths!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I am hooting, I resisted informing an Insta that I love (journo who does news recaps, v good) about Jack when she mentioned her in stories, so hard to not shout NOOO but I noticed they’ve gone so someone else must have mentioned it!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The problem with Jack is I think she’s an insecure narcissist who spends her whole life opportunistically trying to find ways to control your opinion of her so that she is fed the attention and validation she dearly needs.

I think some of the work she’s highlighting is a good thing and I commend it - but I don’t feel it’s a cause she’s passionate about because of the cause - she’s passionate solely about the validation. This is just her most passionately successful grift to garner attention. You can tell the ones that are passionate about the cause more than themselves; they aren’t posting selfies all the time and they are too busy fighting the cause to make themselves the victim.

I have friends who care about many things deeply and I also have friends who are narcissists and their Instagram is just constant pictures of themselves. I can tell the difference.
Imagine her fighting for any of the so-called causes she constantly, desperately tries to create but without ever referencing herself, or mentioning some boring made-up anecdote from her fantasy life - just objective point making with evidence. Or even beter yet, working behind the scenes without the fan fare. Now imagine if she actually had a job and done all of this non-self promoted, discreet campaigning as a side gig, because she really felt strongly about it. Then she'd be truly altruistic.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Go Chris! My mood is improving already. Jack relies on people taking her statements as fact, but when people who actually work in the field come out to play, she’s not equipped to do anything but snark.
Alllllll this because they’re looking at the wrong thing. Stop looking at supermarket prices and start looking at lack of income. Fair wages, no pay rise caps, companies properly compensating workers for their time and corresponding increases in state benefits. FFS.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
Can she never ever just accept she is wrong? To my earlier point this is also how you obtain knowledge. You discuss, you are proven wrong you amend your opinion. Knowledge gained. Ffs she is dumb.
This happens over and over. She can never be wrong. Boils my piss. Weary of this carry on now.

Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.