Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She literally can't deal with one single prominent person who isn't a crank having a differing opinion can she. It's embarrassing. It's not even an opinion though, Chris is presenting her with facts.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
Can she never ever just accept she is wrong? To my earlier point this is also how you obtain knowledge. You discuss, you are proven wrong you amend your opinion. Knowledge gained. Ffs she is dumb.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
So prices are rising across the board, not disproportionately targetting value ranges, but obviously this will affect the poorest people most.
Why is Jack arguing about this? Her point that the poorest suffer most still stands? Just not that they are being systematically starved on purpose while Charlie Bigham rubs his hands in glee.
Two months ago when she first started this 🤭 people like Dresserman and Chris Giles were calming pointing this out but she was off on her pompous high horse by then.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Who knew the editor of the Financial Times was going to be the hero we have been waiting for!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
So prices are rising across the board, not disproportionately targetting value ranges, but obviously this will affect the poorest people most.
Why is Jack arguing about this? Her point that the poorest suffer most still stands? Just not that they are being systematically starved on purpose while Charlie Bigham rubs his hands in glee.
Two months ago when she first started this 🤭 people like Dresserman and Chris Giles were calming pointing this out but she was off on her pompous high horse by then.
Actual LOL at "systematically starved on purpose while Charlie Bigham rubs his hands in glee."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Man, I've set aside this time to be out exercising - but I don't want to miss the chaos! Talk about first world problems..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I’m just a tax fan and I love tax facts but I don’t know the forensic detail but would also like to know
If she is as disorganized as we suspect - her personal tax return is probably also late. Without accounts she can’t complete it

Max penalties for that can be up to £1200 for a year late. There is a 3 month period of daily £10 penalties which rack up.
It’s hard to estimate penalties without knowing what her tax bill is as surcharges are based on 10% of unpaid tax. Over a year she could pay an additional 20% or unpaid tax as well as £200 in fines.
Also the companies house fines which are in the 1000s now after two years late.
In short, she could owe thousands in late fees and penalties and interest if she hasn’t paid her tax or done her returns.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Jack liked this which I thought was weird as she seems to have been engaged in a multi-pronged attack on the supermarkets for the past 37 days week or so.

Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 11.01.39.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.