Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has ten years of receipts (apparently) to prove her big maths!
I have no years of recepits apart from this morning's shop for essentials ie bread and milk which came to 1.75. if you're interested, ( I'm not) but I do have something in my favour. Common bloody sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I have no years of recepits apart from this morning's shop for essentials ie bread and milk which came to 1.75. if you're interested, ( I'm not) but I do have something in my favour. Common bloody sense.
I have a couple of weeks worth but they're mainly sour jellies and clearance mint chocolate chip Maryland cookies. Might be of use to Jack (I'd be in FAVOUR of her pushing down the price of my fizzy fishes tbh).

• Haha
Reactions: 32
How do you know you cannot win a battle...?

When you change the subject.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Alllllll this because they’re looking at the wrong thing. Stop looking at supermarket prices and start looking at lack of income. Fair wages, no pay rise caps, companies properly compensating workers for their time and corresponding increases in state benefits. FFS.
Not to mention affordable accommodation and unscrupulous buy to let landlords and above inflation interest on student loans

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Unlike Jack, Chris Giles is a grown up with an actual job and grasp of the figures. He isn’t a squiggle where a pile on is punching down. He’s a public figure and I think will be ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Not to mention affordable accommodation and unscrupulous buy to let landlords and above inflation interest on student loans
Yes! This entire approach is myopic she could have had a great point (though it would have brought more attention to things she tries to hide)

• Sad
Reactions: 40
Using your cat to passive aggressively accuse the FT economics editor of ‘wilful misrepresentation’ of facts.
What a petulant, cowardly wanker.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 86
Using your cat to passive aggressively accuse the FT economics editor of ‘wilful misrepresentation’ of facts.
What a petulant, cowardly wanker.
Is that who she means by people on Twitter? I’m sure he’s fairly qualified. Idiot

Reactions: 33
Thank duck she has no musical talent 'cos her Grammy thank you speech would go on for three and a half hours.
Railing about all the people in her life that have wronged her, the teacher who said she'd amount to nothing, the 'white trash shouldn't breed' lady, the one who sneered at her sports bra and Cath Kidston bag combo, Allegra's posh friends who thought she was thick, and so on. Just like Father Ted when he won the Golden Cleric award!!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I'm trying to pretend I'm working whilst constantly refreshing tattle....I do hope there's a chaos this afternoon!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I’ve had to take a break because I used to just enjoy reading about JM here, these threads are some of the most entertaining!

But I fear, I have played some role in accidentally manifesting her as last week she started encroaching into my real life instead of just tattle life and I do not claim this negative energy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Imagine having the gall to say to the economics editor at the FT "happy to answer any questions you may have about what’s coming".

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 90
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.