Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like she's teetering at the top of hill of narcness and is about to go rolling down it like an avalanche. YAY

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Because you live in affluent AF Thorpe Bay

idiot
That's a point! How many times has Jack moved in the last 10 years? She won't have shopped in the same Asda all that time surely? So her data will be skewed anyway as it will be different stores, in different areas. That will affect it as much as it only being one person's set of moleskin receipts as well?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Believe me Jack, no one would ever ever describe you as a canny lass.
Radgie. Aye.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Imagine having the gall to say to the economics editor at the FT "happy to answer any questions you may have about what’s coming".
Grant me the confidence of a middle class grammar school educated white person

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
You know what she should do? Create the The Small, Lucricrously and Objectively Preposterous Portions Index (SLOPPI).

In which she ranks her recipes buy worst nutritional and caloric value / price per portion ratio.

(Spolier allert, they all score bad)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Grant me the confidence of a middle class grammar school educated white person
I for one am loving it when her true colours show. It is such a bad look but she seems to think it's fierce (or whatever).

Perhaps Steve just thinks "Ah well, let's just get it over with, can't be arsed to get dragged by a Blue Tick fave".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
That's a point! How many times has Jack moved in the last 10 years? She won't have shopped in the same Asda all that time surely? So her data will be skewed anyway as it will be different stores, in different areas. That will affect it as much as it only being one person's set of moleskin receipts as well?
This all day!

Any study I have done. I have had to ensure everything was collected using the same thing with the same products in the exact same way. The only real way she could do this sensibly would be just collate the data from all the supermarkets in area to see the trend of prices.

They are not all the same price over all. A Tesco's value item from their smaller shops is always dearer from the bigger ones due to convience etc.

I am really getting that she doesn't understand data collection.. well enough to get sensible results. Her graphs won't make an iota of sense. The will be skewed.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Just had a little rummage in...a University database.... Believe it or not, other people are looking into food prices. But...these are not wannabe TV presenters or slop merchants, they are people doing deeply researched PhDs...and there are thousands of them. These are the results of the search: "UK food price inflation"

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.