Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the press she's got on this has been ridiculously positive (and fact-free) so that fact she's got the hump with the papers ("certain outlets") means she must know something we don't. Has she been tipped off that someone's going to smack her with some FACTS?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
She's spent the last few days getting her flying monkeys in order so she's feeling invincible.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
What’s Big Maths?

Is it writing the sin rule in big, curly letters on the first page of your squared paper exercise book or something?

So we’ve gone from granular maths to Big Maths. She really needs to stop. She is making herself look idiotic.

(Mathematics is beautiful though and those who devote their lives to writing equations on boards are 😘. I mean, whoever discovered imaginary numbers must have been a bit off the wall)

• Heart
Reactions: 54
It's astonishing how she has absolutely no self awareness whatsoever. Probably also what prevents her from getting any education/ qualification whatsoever. And big maths. She didn't even do A Levels and even A Levels maths is not exactly "big".

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I think she actually managed to antagonise Chris to the point that he doesn't even care that she is a poor urchin and it looks bad to openly But rightfully) criticise her. Oh my.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
It’s wild reading people wilfully misunderstanding Chris Giles’ tweets just to pile on in defence of poor, helpless, bullied Jack. He repeatedly says that the poor will feel inflation more, he’s clearly not an ideologue. None of the data proves any of the wild claims she made in her Twitter thread, someone in the replies (still defending her though!!) notes that he doesn’t know what “methodology” she used (I can tell you - it’s the “embellishing anecdotal data for attention” methodology). Chris is 100% right to question her.

By all means, Jack, draw attention to food poverty issues but stop trying to pretend that literal mathematics is attacking you because you don’t understand it. duck’s sake.

(Waiting on her to pull out the “would you be questioning my maths if I was a man?” schtick)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
Chris is definitely onto her. But imagine just meeting with the ONS and then going to post about it on twitter, only for the ONS (and Chris Giles) to get inundated with posts like these. Really screams professionalism, doesn't it?

Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 10.54.48.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 82
This is glorious. I hope he replies directly to her.

I would love nothing more than Sir Chris to pull out the companies house methodology.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.