Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How has she gone from making a poverty price index, to singlehandedly taking down Asda? In less than a day! This is getting really confusing.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
This is epic.

So people started questioning her original claims by showing 45p rice in Tesco, Sainsburys etc, so she's pivoted into a full-on attack on Asda.

I mean sure, if this were true (it's not), it would be devastating for people who can only shop at Asda. But that seems to be...just Jack, really. Because following her hypothesis, Asda is trying to change strategy because it's losing customers to cheaper supermarkets. OK, shop at a cheaper supermarket, problem solved.

Getting very close to "stop bullying me"/"leave me and my son alone"/"stop fatshaming my cat" territory here...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
So in just one day she's made veiled legal threats to the Economics Editor of the Financial Times and angled for the CEO of Asda role. Totally normal behaviour, nothing to see here.

• Haha
Reactions: 77
This is nonsense. Absolute bleeping nonsense. So of course Jack praises it as "nice stats".
Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 17.50.15.png

• Haha
Reactions: 46
How has she gone from making a poverty price index, to singlehandedly taking down Asda? In less than a day! This is getting really confusing.
I am probably an asshole and enjoying the chaos. Let all those fawning over the poverty cosplay pixie see what she's all about.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I can’t be the only one sitting here thinking that THE DAY is coming sooner than expected.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
OK then, hands up...who's pissed her off in Asda Southend. What was it? Not shown enough deference by staff, being told no, empty shelf of her fave tea bags...
What have they done for her to focus so hard on that particular store...
The person doing the yellow stickers told her to back off and let the wee auld ladies behind her have a chance.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
She really ought to have considered the impact of Brexit on food prices before spoiling her ballot, eh?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
This is epic.

So people started questioning her original claims by showing 45p rice in Tesco, Sainsburys etc, so she's pivoted into a full-on attack on Asda.

I mean sure, if this were true (it's not), it would be devastating for people who can only shop at Asda. But that seems to be...just Jack, really. Because following her hypothesis, Asda is trying to change strategy because it's losing customers to cheaper supermarkets. OK, shop at a cheaper supermarket, problem solved.

Getting very close to "stop bullying me"/"leave me and my son alone"/"stop fatshaming my cat" territory here...
It's almost as silly as someone posting photos of empty foil containers in their freezer. I can't keep up with maths Jack and her fake moleskin notebooks who can't find her receipts.

LEAVE ME ALONE 😔

• Haha
Reactions: 40
As for benefits going to people who work there are plenty of reasons for that (the child benefit example has been given already, for example). It really shows how little she understands of the world to be huffing about this, making big statements in small tweets (when she is not slagging off economists who actually know their stuff and have spent more than a semi-distracted moment on the topic). I would be thrilled if the minumum wages would go up, but as a tax payer I am glad people are receiving the benefits when they need them. They most likely get spent in the local economy anyway, which helps me as well.

There is plenty to say about the power of the big four, how they screw over suppliers and employees and what not, but Jack Monroe is not the saviour of them that she thinks she is. (For any other cooking celebrity I'd say: "Better stick to your cooking", but not this time, haha)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
This is nonsense. Absolute bleeping nonsense. So of course Jack praises it as "nice stats".
View attachment 1023467
The way this nonsense is phrased has made my brain itch. It reads as if Asda are taking our taxes to bump up their profits.

I've never been active on this thread during a full on chaos before. It's exhausting, but oddly captivating!

Don't tell Jack, but I'm currently sitting waiting for my delivery from Big Bad Asda to arrive. Soon I'll know whether wine makes Jack more or less confusing, how exciting!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.