Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The co op is out of my favourite bananas so I’m just nipping to Barbados. Back soon xx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Fuuuuuuck. I put my phone down for an hour, and she’s gone cock out crazy.

Hey blue tickers, still want in on the Violent Bastard Index?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Is she not embarrassed that she’s only just realised all of these forensic, granular, and well known FACTS about Asda?? I knew all of this (apart from the bullshit) and I don’t even shop there 🤷‍♀️ My nearest big shop is Waitrose, which I’ve said before, and I hate to have to say this but…. It does cost me money to live, so if you are able to please send me some money via PayPal, no pressure. You’ll get a general sense of well-being and keep my pantry stocked with Manuka honey, pals!

PS my nearest shop is actually the one I’ve just been to, the corner shop. I paid £1.30 for crisps and a bar of chocolate. Shall I tell bossman that unless everyone in the country can buy food at the exact rates he sells it, then he’s an evil scumbag? #bossmanindex

• Haha
Reactions: 59
She just knows that by posting things like 'the poor get shafted by the rich' she'll get likes (which is a generic true-ism along the lines of 'it's not very nice to kick puppies'). So don't let any facts or common sense get in the way of any thing she comes up with that fits her 'poor get shafted by rich - and I am a hero for saying that' narrative.

Reactions: 39
OK then, hands up...who's pissed her off in Asda Southend. What was it? Not shown enough deference by staff, being told no, empty shelf of her fave tea bags...
What have they done for her to focus so hard on that particular store...
Well...I decided to search the store in question on FB and found out they used to employ a Paedophile, a security guard who thumped someone mistaking a mobile phone for a knife and this horror 👇

Screenshot_20220128-175806_Facebook.jpg

(it wasn't Jack complaining, she would have scrapped that honey off into a jar to later serve with some sardines)

So Asda in Shoeburyness is just a hotbed of despair, I can see now that not having any rice was a tipping point 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
Oh god this makes me cross. You can’t just vomit stats without context. Look at their accounts and you might see some dodgy tax stuff - I don’t know. But you can’t base an assumption on their corporation tax figure as it is a tax on profit not revenue. Revenue is at the top of the income statement, tax is calculated on profit at the bottom. Basic basic basic.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
D6C8ED3D-48D5-46AD-8562-319BEF3CAECB.jpeg

I’m sorry I am so behind and I apologise for the crassly scrawled on screenshot (I have been BUSY)

But for the love of chicken chow mein -——— a ‘recipe’ for stir fried veg with lemon curd and tomato purée 🤢

worse than that though - her cassoulet soup recipe includes EGG FRIED RICE and YOGHURT???!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What. The. Actual. duck?!!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
To think just a few days ago I was actually starting to believe that she'd successfully pulled the wool over people's eyes again 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Imagine being on a work call and someone disagrees with you, and you take to passive aggressively talking to your pet about how they’re wrong.
You’d be getting an ‘informal chat’ put in your diary off your manager
I could have done that today in a zoom meeting - 'that's right cat, you know it isn't mummy's responsibility to police the work of a team I have absolutely no interactions with'

• Haha
Reactions: 31
2019 benefits bill was around about 200 billion ish.

The phrase benefits bill is incredibly vague as it includes everything- pensions, disability and housing, and emergency situations such as assisting refugees.

200 million of that is what; 1% give or take? It’s not asdas fault that housing/renting is so expensive, it’s not asdas fault that childcare is so expensive, it’s not asdas fault that some people choose to work part time and be topped up with benefits- that’s a personal choice.

She’s just lost it, I don’t know I can’t actually watch any more.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Well...I decided to search the store in question on FB and found out they used to employ a Paedophile, a security guard who thumped someone mistaking a mobile phone for a knife and this horror 👇

View attachment 1023497

(it wasn't Jack complaining, she would have scrapped that honey off into a jar to later serve with some sardines)

So Asda in Shoeburyness is just a hotbed of despair, I can see now that not having any rice was a tipping point 😂
Any shin kicking mentioned?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I actually can’t cope with how funny this all is.

there’s going to be a J1G order later I reckon.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
The way this nonsense is phrased has made my brain itch. It reads as if Asda are taking our taxes to bump up their profits.

I’
Don't tell Jack, but I'm currently sitting waiting for my delivery from Big Bad Asda to arrive. Soon I'll know whether wine makes
I’m 2 bottles in. Can say it makes everything funnier but certainly don’t build your hopes up that any of it will make sense (or add up-25 billion percent)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Can I please take this opportunity to say to anyone credulous enough to believe her: SHE IS NOT AUTISTIC. She has two different 'diagnosis' stories that do not match up. One of these she claims took place while she was at school when she was assessed by an 'educational psychiatrist' but it was hidden from her by her parents. Firstly, there's no such thing as an educational psychiatrist. Secondly, during the time period it was extraordinarily rare for girls to be diagnosed with autism. Thirdly, no school or competent parents would ever approve of suppressing such a diagnosis as it would be actively damaging to the child when they could benefit from professional intervention.

She also claimed that her GP told her she had '99% of the traits of classic autism' which is not a thing any professional would ever say. The only time she mentions autism is when she either wants to pre-emptively deflect criticism or play up to the stereotypes (see: comparing herself to Greta Thunberg with an 'autistic superpower' or claiming she can hear electricity in the walls). There's a perfect example of her duplicity in action at this very moment - she's saying being autistic makes her a Big/granular maths expert but it's as plain as the ever-changing nose on her smug face that she can't actually do even basic maths.

This is exactly the same modus operandi as appropriating arthritis and claiming that she needs a stick to walk and has lost full function of both her hands. It's a bleeping charade so that she can add another disabled minority card to her deck. Her presenting herself as an autistic woman in this manner when autism in women is already so widely misunderstand is completely ignorant and injurious to the whole community.

Sorry for the scathing essay but this has really been grinding my botulism radiator mushrooms.

• Heart
Reactions: 116
To think just a few days ago I was actually starting to believe that she'd successfully pulled the wool over people's eyes again 🤡
We should never have worried! It *has* been a loooooong week but everyone who was saying that the higher she gets, the farther she falls were absolutely on point 😌

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.