Jack Monroe #248 Let's face it, she's the Rachel Dolezal of poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wham bars were bigger back in the day. Or maybe my hands were just smaller. Difficult to say.
Twirls have definitely shrunk. I've always had smol hands, so I would know. I forensically recall my hands always being the same size EVEN FROM BIRTH. So there.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
so every time she wrote a recipe she would list the ingredients with prices in a note book but she seemingly wrote the list in alphabetical order so would have to go through the books to put each ingredient in its proper place 🤯

(orrrrrr she just wrote that now)
Got me all excited there, however its an address book where each letter of the alphabet is indented and has its own section #forensic.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Surely there's an extremely obvious, indisputable way for Jack to demonstrate what she's saying. Grab a receipt from January 2015 (say), go to the same supermarket and buy the same stuff. Post receipts side by side, job's a good'un. But she never posts the actual receipts, because she talks shite.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
It's a good job Jack has an Ocado delivery because she's never going to want to set foot in Asda again after this 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 68
why didn’t she just say the moleskines were a gift from a dear precious gentle friend who she will NOT name because they are an incredibly private person who does not deserve to be subjected to this hellsite, thank you very much

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
Surely there's an extremely obvious, indisputable way for Jack to demonstrate what she's saying. Grab a receipt from January 2015 (say), go to the same supermarket and buy the same stuff. Post receipts side by side, job's a good'un. But she never posts the actual receipts, because she talks shite.
(They don't exist)

Have a lovely day 🙏

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I have nothing to say because I am laughing and cringing so much.

I can just imagine Chris and Steve having a chat about her right now

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Got me all excited there, however its an address book where each letter of the alphabet is indented and has its own section #forensic.
yeah i’ve since noticed this - good thing the country is not relying on my forensicness to save the day!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
there should be some sort of german word for the feeling of unease you get when you've done a morning's work and log in here to see there's 13 pages to grunk...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I don't know I must be thick.

But why the fook has she gone back almost 7 years ago.

Prices will have increased since then because they do over a period of time.

As I said my mum used to get her shop for five people in the 90s for 5 people for like 40 pounds. My sister now spends double that for the same amount of people.

My sister isn't screaming or shouting because she understands it's how the cost of living as changed.

She cannot seriously nothing in business to ever change ever.

Also I hope she puts all her books down to 50p each across the board too keep up with the value range.

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.