Jack Monroe #247 A ragtag group of nerd volunteers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely hilarious that people think Jack's creating some groundbreaking analysis by 'investigating' what is universally obvious - the poor are suffering more than the rich, as it has always been. You've really changed hearts and minds Jack.

Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 18.36.00.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
Can we all take another moment to appreciate/tone our stomach muscles by trying to physically shrink away from the caption ā€œHi Honeys Iā€™m homeā€ Iā€™m getting post-mad sesh ā€œdanced on a stage, fell over, showed my arse and snogged a wrongunā€level shame attacks on her behalf
I feel like it was a direct message to the Cabal. Jack, we have never, ever wanted anything else for you but telly time. Long may it continue.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
It must be infuriating to be a professional in this field and seeing all your work credited to that absolute *insert favourite swear here*
Iā€™ll tell you who has not been having a good day - one Owen Brace, head of comms, policy and digital at ONS. unless heā€™s got something special planned heā€™s been totally mugged off. For the dedicated and therefore knowledgeable inflation/pricing journalists like guy from FT and the dresser arms man itā€™s a bit tricky in this kind of maelstrom. Old term but appropriate- youā€™re farting against thunder. Just drop out and observe till it dies down. Donā€™t keep poking the bear.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Oh itā€™s going to take a week now, is it. Still waiting for those 3 recipes a week you were definitely going to do that you announced last week Jack.
Still when the data comes, it might potentially be the start of working on change! Fancy!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Yeah sure write a Twitter thread about how all this is useful if it makes you feel better/sleep at night.

Reactions: 24
Numbers in "over the next week or so", that's exciting! Must get some sleep in the meantime!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Darlings I am immeasurably disappointed I missed a live Jack cooking segment but I had to go and get my hair cut. I went for the reverse mohawk. Toni & Guy are going to post it on their Instagram later.

I'd been finding this whole thing quite amusing but now it's reached the tipping point and I'm getting increasingly annoyed. The fact that all these prominent people are sucking up to Jack thinking she's single-handedly solved a national crisis in under a week based on FABRICATED data is both completely mind-blowing and a sad indictment of this country's education system. My only consolation, as a massive witch, is that she looks every one of her 43 years šŸ’…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
UBI is right up her street, bets sheā€™s first in the queue with her hand out
I like UBI but lots donā€™t and she may have started to sound like a particular group rather than a ā€œgenerally all-round dogooderā€ King Marcus is less political than this. Also Jack doesnā€™t understand politics so this should be fun šŸ™ƒ she thinks this is just the start, Iā€™m seeing the downfall incoming...

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.