Jack Monroe #247 A ragtag group of nerd volunteers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
FTR I do think that guy's an idiot for that tweet (imagine tagging everyone in lols), HOWEVER I know there are lots of people in the trans community who have been suspicious about her for ages, because she claims to be trans (as recently as yesterday), and does interviews where she positions herself as the spokesperson for trans / non binary people, and yet has absolutely no solidarity for that community when the blue ticks come a-knocking. Just like every other identity she co-opts.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 61
Can I just double check something to make sure I'm not going completely mad. The Vimes Boots Index is being created to show that

When everyone is being squeezed financially, those who only have just enough money to spend on necessities will feel it more than those who have a financial buffer.

Is there anything else we are meant to glean from it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Can I just double check something to make sure I'm not going completely mad. The Vimes Boots Index is being created to show that

When everyone is being squeezed financially, those who only have just enough money to spend on necessities will feel it more than those who have a financial buffer.

Is there anything else we are meant to glean from it?
By Jove, you've grasped it, Harry.
I was trying to explain this to Mr. Django as he was watching Jack this morning. He's a massive fan of Terry Pratchett and just kept asking me who this woman is and why doesn't she understand she's got it all wrong.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
On the Jeremy Vine show, which I'm attempting to listen to, she says there's no team and it's just her and a biro. What has happened to the team??

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
oh for God's sake!!!! I deal with...Newspapers...at work...and her gurning face is everywhere!!!

• Sick
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.