Jack Monroe #241 Average level lies and lard gravy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t stand Twee Jack. It’s cloying, embarrassing to watch and profoundly unsettling.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
2B7B0409-5CAC-4FD4-953B-1B06204A4CBE.jpeg

Apologies if this has been posted before, I was looking for a specific tweet and lolled at this instead. It’s giving Cherie Blair!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 103
Jack isn’t famous enough for people to pay enough attention to notice the inconsistencies in her stories. To most people, she’s just that poverty food writer who sued Katie Hopkins, so she can’t be that bad really. That’s if they’ve even heard of her at all.

Jack has moaned about not getting opportunities in the past but this relative obscurity actually works in her favour. If she was famous she couldn’t use the tip jar and would be expected to actually work and create a decent output.
When you think about how much space all the various terrestrial and satellite TV, radio, online channels have to fill (ya know, 24 hours), it's a damning indictment on Jack herself, that she isn't booked and is working regularly. Believe it or not, film and TV is a small place where people do know of each other, have informal networks of mates and you're often referred by word of mouth. Word about her attitude has got around, believe me...
(Keeping it vague cos 🔺️ innit...)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
duck's sake.

DP has a bleeping ED and has done for years. He's just eaten two pittas with ham and cheese. Her 'portions' (less than an ounce of lentils when a portion is 2-3oz) make it sound as though he's overeating

bleep
I've just done a calorie count on the recipe

100g of redlentils= 381
100g carrot =41
100g onion = 40
2tbs oil= 240
2 pitta = 302
1stock cube =8
total= 971
per serving= 242

Definitely not enough for lunch, which is where you would normally serve something like this.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
My secondary school aged child leaves at 7.45am. Is she saying she was up at 6? Making food. Pull the other one.

I know someone who makes a great income from YouTube videos on top of his professional wage (it’s more in fact). If she had any skills she could be cooking on there. But she can’t cook soooooo……

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Just went to the source of those guardian journos chatting to each other - they all know, but what I don’t understand is how do they know numbers? These threads move SO fast I don’t believe they’d be keeping up to date with them. Unless they’re getting print screened and circulated? In which case lol.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
There’s nothing like being off the thread for a day or two, coming back to find Jack being the same as she ever was and being all like…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Jack's gone quiet about her recovery from alcohol. It didn't work this time. No Guardian article.

No TV, no newspaper articles, no collaborations on the horizon. Once the darling of the media, living the high life with a millionaire partner, hobnobbing with real celebrities, dining at the Groucho. What a thing to be reduced to, begging from strangers. Jack really has no shame.
The tv / media world has to be a small one and word gets round I'm sure

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Just went to the source of those guardian journos chatting to each other - they all know, but what I don’t understand is how do they know numbers? These threads move SO fast I don’t believe they’d be keeping up to date with them. Unless they’re getting print screened and circulated? In which case lol.
Think it's been mentioned on twitter in response to critical tweets, which they're probably screenshotting and sharing in their whatsapp group.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Oh, and happily languishing in the fridge makes no bleeping sense.

See definition for languishing below.

LEARN THE MEANING OF WORDS JACK.

2E25AE49-0DBD-48B2-A678-97325B6DB023.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 36
If it wasn't for the fact that she had told us she was 'diagnosed gifted' you'd think she had an intellectual disability the way she talks about food.
My Nephew, who does have such a disability, speaks this way.
Except with him, it is cute and endearing.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Right who works for the guardian… reveal yourself

• Haha
Reactions: 71
Miss South was really great about food banks back in the days when supermarkets didn't automatically have collection points - and an excellent perspective as someone who had both volunteered and been a user (without melodrama or co-opting other people's stories.
Just misusing mid-grunk to note that Miss South published a great slow cooker recipe book some time ago. Rarely on offer, but really good.

Slow Cooked: 200 exciting, new recipes for your slow cooker Amazon product

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.