Jack Monroe #241 Average level lies and lard gravy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack doesn't understand how the cost of living is calculated does she?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
It’s always so obvious that she doesn’t actually mean any of this or care, tbh. It’s so curated to go viral. I get why, as when she tweets off the cuff it’s all talking about politicians kids and telling people to duck off, but her disingenuous nature radiates out. She’s a loss to politics, honestly. It’s what she should have stuck with as she’s the same.
41107EAE-47CD-4478-8BC5-9AA815A995A1.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
I will say that Jack's thread on the real rise in the cost of living actually makes some really good points.

The problem is that she is harping on about it hitting the "poorest and most vulnerable households" whilst accepting money off some of the people she claims to represent.

If she is struggling financially then my heart goes out to her - I know what it's like to go from a steady income to just scraping by. If that's where she is, she needs to take some responsibility for her unnecessary spending, draw up a budget and bloody well stick to it until she is back on her feet, not take it out of the purses of those same poorest and most vulnerable households.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
How essential were your rusty spoons? You bleeping head. You have no idea what life is like for people on the breadline now.

• Heart
Reactions: 95
Writing
This
Is
Not
How
Twitter
Was
Intended
To
Be
Used

(Put it all in ONE well thought out tweet for gods sake!)

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Ffs. It just demonstrates her selfishness when she lists HER inflated shopping list.
Supermarkets have increased their prices for the lowest priced items... Because it wasn't sustainable. Farmers were out on a limb, unable to feed their cattle due to the low offers paid due to the dairy market. Supermarkets now pay more fairly... Therfore prices have increased. But no, her peanut butter has gone up by pennies so she's kicking and screaming.
Maybe she should shop at aldi for once if she's struggling so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.