Jack Monroe #238 Honestly, they're like two stupid pigeons fighting over a discarded doughnut

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So to clarify - when Jack as a 32 year old semi-famous person had an awards ceremony early in the pandemic she chose to wear that mad see-through dress from Boohoo or similar, which would have looked boss on an 18 year old on a night out but was highly unsuitable for a grown woman at a formal event (now purged from her Instagram so you know it was bad)… but as a 22/23 year old wannabe firefighter who was apparently considering transition she was buying this mother of the bride tit?

For clarity I actually think it’s beautiful but it’s for a sophisticated and slightly quirky middle-aged woman, imho. She has severe (lol am I Jack?) issues with an unstable sense of self (hello, cluster B). The fact that her sixteen weeks of the most intensive therapy ever with the most qualified therapists ever didn’t pick up on this is a bit of a worry tbh.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
I used to work with a colleague who went to charity shops, bought clothes and sold them on Ebay and claimed they had been clearing out cupboards etc. I used to wonder how much they actually made in the end, seems a lot of work unless you are selling designer gear (they weren't).

Reactions: 28
None of her clothes are worth anything. Steaming them is bonkers. We're not talking about a precious Schiaparelli! As mancbee said it's only fit to be shredded. sell it by weight in one of those funny shops that do that. 10p a kilo. I've done it.
Agree completely. Think she’s about to be bitterly disappointed, I just sold something still listed on Matches, completely unworn still with tags (I was BUSY pregnant) and only got 50% of its RRP 😬 she’s very unlikely to get more than a few quid for old high street bits, I defs wouldn’t be wasting my life steaming them.

Reactions: 37
She’s obviously hoping for them to go over the odds on her site as she’s such a glamorous celeb, unless Sticky Stu has come into a bit of cash this is very unlikely

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Jack thinks they will be queueing up to buy her "frocks" as if it is some sort of celebrity charity auction.

Most of the A-listers donate dresses for good causes. But their stuff is likely to be designer, not H&M or Monsoon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Put it on the list!

got it on a previous mention of The Great Decluttering

i cannot believe she has the gall to say to the world, if i make anything, i'm keeping half of it. we know she'd keep it all though, right?

oh well, it won't happen anyway

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Gotta pay that tax some way or other. Shame she’s thinking about selling this stuff in January when no one has any cash. The huge sales on now in all the online clothes stores won’t help either.

Oh well.

I’d be surprised if she got a fiver for that dress… but anyway conjecture is pointless as she will never get round to it or, on the off chance she does, I predict a chaos where nothing gets posted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
She bought that while in the fire service? Same job where she was so masculine she wouldn’t wear a skirt for the (civilian) passing out parade, right?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Gotta pay that tax some way or other. Shame she’s thinking about selling this stuff in January when no one has any cash. The huge sales on now in all the online clothes stores won’t help either.

Oh well.

I’d be surprised if she got a fiver for that dress… but anyway conjecture is pointless as she will never get round to it or, on the off chance she does, I predict a chaos where nothing gets posted.
People don't want last seasons fashions, never mind 10 years out of date clothes.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.