Jack Monroe #238 Honestly, they're like two stupid pigeons fighting over a discarded doughnut

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am friendly but can be standoffish if I get a bad vibe from the person. She would definately get rude, standoffish me, because her vibe is so off putting. She thinks she quirky but she's really not, I have an electic bunch of friends ranging from average to quite out there. But to be honest hearing her stories and watching how she acts I would immediately assess her a dick and would avoid at costs. Also once my mind is made up on Somone it stays, something my husband finds frustrating lol
Grunking but has anyone here seen her in real life at all? Genuine question 🥰 x

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Just...how do you get to a point where you think the world gives a duck about the crappy old clothes you have in the back of your moth ball smelling hoard 😫 Why is she acting like clearing out a few old dresses is her full time, exhausting and important job 😫

• Haha
Reactions: 46
She is not a generous 14 on top. I am. I'm 5 inches taller than her and have broader shoulders. If a 10 almost fits her, she's a 12 or a 10-12. #maths
Hard to know if you’re 5” taller tbh. I had a look at her Facebook earlier to see if I could spy some photos of her poor crappy bungalow and in one pic dated March 2020 (standing at a lectern on tip toes, ponytail, long tuille skirt) she says she’s 5f 1” and in another post from October 19 (sat in a chair in her office, feet on the table) she describes herself as a 5f 3” manic pixie.

So either she’s lying, or she’s worn herself down. I must admit, I feel like she’s worn me down these past few weeks so wouldn’t put it past her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Also I am loving the fact she selling clothes potentially older than her own child who is in highschool.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Does she not know that charity shops don't sell off everything for a quid?

I call BS on her donating anything so far (else, we would have had pics of big bags outside the door with Jack Labels tying them shut!). She is so utterly delusional it's tragic!

And why does it have to be a major admin task?! She's always making out she works so hard, and she is just so smart.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Hard to know if you’re 5” taller tbh. I had a look at her Facebook earlier to see if I could spy some photos of her poor crappy bungalow and in one pic dated March 2020 (standing at a lectern on tip toes, ponytail, long tuille skirt) she says she’s 5f 1” and in another post from October 19 (sat in a chair in her office, feet on the table) she describes herself as a 5f 3” manic pixie.

So either she’s lying, or she’s worn herself down. I must admit, I feel like she’s worn me down these past few weeks so wouldn’t put it past her.
Don't forget she was once 5' 1.7''.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
That's not true
I suspected as much. Same person thought Barrow-in-Furness and the Scottish island of Barra were one and the same. No hope for some people, really.

Speaking of which, I do hope the eBay fiasco progresses as far as a Post Office chaos.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
sold the lightbulbs but kept this dress (who the eff buys secondhand lightbulbs?)
Puts hand up very slowly....
😂🦉🍾
Edit to add it was at a carboot. The guy was selling new-in-the-box eco light bulbs for 50p each, so a bargain, rather than two or three quid each 😊

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

I'm between 5f 6 and 5f 8. #fact

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
So is she selling them because they don’t fit, or because she doesn’t have the confidence to wear them? We’ve had two stories in the same bloody day.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
So she is going to give 50% to charity instead of just donating.

I did some volunteering a couple of years ago at a warehouse for a charity (might have been oxfam) and basically they get loads of donated good stuff and part of the sorting was deciding if things were actually worth good money as they went on to be properly priced and sold. She is just a greedy goblin as usual!

Reactions: 29
I didn't mind the bird design in cropped form but upon viewing the whole thing I would like to change my verdict to TERRIBLE. The beadwork around the neck, the fabric that looks like a fire hazard, the colour combinations: a true fashion crime. The bird is probably supposed to be a crane which is a very common motif in Japanese and Chinese patterns. This one is obviously not of Japanese origin as filigree patterns aren't normally featured in Japanese art and, most importantly, it's completely tasteless.

Thank you for attending Fashion and Oriental Art Mithering with TS, don't forget to put some money in the tip jar on your way out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I didn't mind the bird design in cropped form but upon viewing the whole thing I would like to change my verdict to TERRIBLE. The beadwork around the neck, the fabric that looks like a fire hazard, the colour combinations: a true fashion crime. The bird is probably supposed to be a crane which is a very common motif in Japanese and Chinese patterns. This one is obviously not of Japanese origin as filigree patterns aren't normally featured in Japanese art and, most importantly, it's completely tasteless.

Thank you for attending Fashion and Oriental Art Mithering with TS, don't forget to put some money in the tip jar on your way out.
It's full 1978 truther vibes!

(Sorry to the fraus who like it!)

• Haha
Reactions: 32
The upstairs landing is so big she used it as a library. Not even joking.
She put up pictures of it and I do believe this might be the original post where she posted the pineapple, although that could be wrong.
Basically she put up loads of bookshelves on the landing and declared it something like her usual gobshite of 'I have finally found my happy place and only now can I truly be happy' or some such nonsense. The gold pineapple was on one of the shelves and a squiggle asked about it and she replied that was where she kept her tampons.
(I may be muddling the occasion but the bit about the pineapple is true)
The main bedroom is so big it covers half of the footprint of the house. Two more really decent size bedrooms and a huge bathroom. All upstairs in the 'crappy bungalow '.
I appreciate that when bungalow owners convert the loft it is still referred to as a bungalow, but this isn't the same. It is a purpose built, Edwarduan/Victorian detached house in a really nice area.
It's a beautiful house in a lovely area. I wish my house was as big

Reactions: 21
So she kept hold of fancy silk dresses while she couldn’t afford to eat and heat the house? Confusing.
Busy and grunking but just got to monsoondressgate
Ahahhhhhhaa ha ha ha OMG haha
Jack, that wasn’t the dress for you (lovely dress though)

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.