Jack Monroe #237 Cycles through personalities like a dying Terminator

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was an article/interview with someone called 'Sam' who was pregnant. Apparently all the other lesbians looked down on 'Sam' because she was pregnant (Yes, she really said this)
The interview then said something like 'but what they don't know is that Sam is a sex worker' and it heavily implied that the baby was conceived with one of Sam's customers.
Then Jack admitted it was about her.
She has also said it was during 'the Poverty' so who knows when/if it happened.

Yeah, that's probably the worst thing SB will read online - not being as important as a cat will be bad, but reading the implication from your own mother that you were a bareback punter's accident...

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Nostalgia Jack definitely peaked in her covid fever dream, tweeting about everything her parents ever cooked in their lives.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Google has taken me down a rabbit hole

Well I struggle with being so unsisterly but really, I have come to the conclusion that Jack Monroe is but a painfully self obsessed narcissist.

I follow her on Twitter - always thought she was one of those women I should like, what with her poverty campaigning and general 'right-on-ness'.

But she's awful. Me me me me me me me me. And then some more me. And look at me drawing attention to myself with this photo of me in just my bra. But enough about me. What do youthink of me?

She claims membership of just about every marginalised group she can lay her hands on - now claims she was a sex worker at one point. She might have been I suppose, I can't say she wasn't because I don't know. But she now claims to be a transgender woman. Transgender women are biologically male for pitys sake.
I think she is a very confused woman. A very unhealthy woman

I've found the chief!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
She has more issues than a newspaper warehouse.
I hate that many times (diva.pdf is a case in point) they just give her the space to write it herself. It seems supportive but it’s oxygen to a narc, letting them write their own narrative, too grand to submit to an interview.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
So I was trying to find the original BuzzFeed article so googled a quote from the pink news one.
There is a book of poetry with the exact same wording. It was published after the BuzzFeed article but that's very odd, no?
Poetry Jack?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
She has more issues than a newspaper warehouse.
I hate that many times (diva.pdf is a case in point) they just give her the space to write it herself. It seems supportive but it’s oxygen to a narc, letting them write their own narrative, too grand to submit to an interview.
No one wanted to actually talk to her! Just got her to send in her homework, minimal contact :ROFLMAO:

So I was trying to find the original BuzzFeed article so googled a quote from the pink news one.
There is a book of poetry with the exact same wording. It was published after the BuzzFeed article but that's very odd, no?
Poetry Jack?

Oh that's 100% smol pixie bard!

Reactions: 28
Gotta say love the BuzzFeed unsolved stuff with Ryan and Shane. Alittle bit obsessed watching it. It's my housework background noise.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Poetry Jack?

This is most confusing. The author of the anthology is Kimberly Lee who seems to be a real life person. The book isn't self published. Who has plagiarized who here?

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Poetry Jack?

I suppose the article could have inspired it given it was published after the article

Reactions: 15
This is most confusing. The author of the anthology is Kimberly Lee who seems to be a real life person. The book isn't self published. Who has plagiarized who here?
If the book had been published first I'd 100% say Jack. But it could be the poem was inspired by the piece? Unless it was published online somewhere earlier? I've tried searching for other phrases from the poem, but can't find them.

Reactions: 17
Re: self-publishing and that poetry collection, both "publishing houses" (Tablo and Lulu) are self-pub companies. https://www.lulu.com/ and https://tablo.com/.

So, poem could be inspired by the piece, or the phrase could be straight-up lifted, and never went through any traditional editing.

ETA: this is definitely self-pub, considering this summary at the start of the book.

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 20.20.41.png

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Thanks, all. Added sex work and domestic abuse claims to wiki. Chef's kisses to you all.
The timeline on the latter seems a little shaky as in one of the comments on the kickstarter from 2017 would seem to suggest. Note the third paragraph. That kickstarter thread is a horrorshow if you haven't seen it. She really is bleeping poison.

ETA - the 'libellous' post foolishly suggested a link between her gaining £70,000 on Kickstarter and 'buying a new house'. Obviously there is only one reply to that...

Capture.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
The timeline on the latter seems a little shaky as in one of the comments on the kickstarter from 2017 would seem to suggest. Note the third paragraph That kickstarter thread is a horrorshow if you haven't seen it. She really is bleeping poison.

View attachment 972785
This is SHOCKING in so many ways, but I must admit I laughed at the last paragraph - she's paid for 140 recipes' worth of ingredients x2 or 3, but her recipes famously only cost 20p each? Okay then...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.