Jack Monroe #237 Cycles through personalities like a dying Terminator

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies I’ve been on a grunk on the coach and lost the post, but prostitution Jack?? Wtf!! When was that a thing?? Missed that incarnation.
There was an article/interview with someone called 'Sam' who was pregnant. Apparently all the other lesbians looked down on 'Sam' because she was pregnant (Yes, she really said this)
The interview then said something like 'but what they don't know is that Sam is a sex worker' and it heavily implied that the baby was conceived with one of Sam's customers.
Then Jack admitted it was about her.
She has also said it was during 'the Poverty' so who knows when/if it happened.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Thank you for being the thread archivist - I start reading and get too enraged to continue reading with a level head/analytical view. The inconsistencies are incredible aren’t they? Yet no one else seems to connect the dots - it’s so infuriating.

I get in the grand scheme of things Jack is barely a Z lister so no one is likely to invest the time to blow Jack’s lies out of the water but a lot of what Jack spouts is so bloody dangerous (and toxic) and they need to be stopped.

Sorry tagging this in here but unrelated - I really tie myself in knots when typing about Jack and using pronouns. As in I get confused as to whether Jack wants to be referred to as they/them or if she/her is ok to use? The old Times article I dug up Jack contradicted themselves on the matter but realise that’s quite old so am none the wiser.

This also isn’t a criticism of anyone who does use ‘She’ when referring to Jack as it doesn’t seem clear either way and no one is doing it to be malicious. Also sorry this is probably old stuff that’s we’ve covered before and I’m likely over thinking it.

I will refer to anyone by their preferred pronouns no issues but when people then turn round and say their pronouns are “getting kids fed” and are snappy to people correcting them on Twitter then at what point do you stop trying?

Jack has had they/her/she as her pronouns so she changes them as often as she makes hot slop.

I don’t have the screenshot of her snapping back but hopefully someone can corroborate so I feel like I’m not making it up 😂

This isn’t a dig at you I only mean to highlight that again she makes a mockery of the things she claims to be championing

• Heart
Reactions: 33
There was an article/interview with someone called 'Sam' who was pregnant. Apparently all the other lesbians looked down on 'Sam' because she was pregnant (Yes, she really said this)
The interview then said something like 'but what they don't know is that Sam is a sex worker' and it heavily implied that the baby was conceived with one of Sam's customers.
That interview was tough
She said in the interview that she moved in with a girlfriend who abused her whilst pregnant and stuck needles in her

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
If anyone can find the link to the article, I'd love to add it to the wiki. My googling skills aren't strong enough to find it.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
If anyone can find the link to the article, I'd love to add it to the wiki. My googling skills aren't strong enough to find it.
I think it was a buzzfeed article originally
Edit - here it is

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Just thinking back 20 years ago when I was a student and if our house decided to get a bit stoned the natural conversation always developed into snacking or reminiscing about various snacks/munchies. Not suggesting anything at all by this post, your honour, just reminiscing to simpler times when I didn’t have to earn a wage or pay taxes!

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I accidentally put a laugh emoji, so sorry! I'm also a food bank client and I love when they have fresh, good food for us. Like you, I'm forever grateful for everything they do. Today I asked for some shampoo and was given huge bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash which will last me a while. ❤
I try to include shampoo etc in my donations. People deserve the dignity of proper products not jacks homemade slow cooker bubble bath x x x

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Admitted or claimed??

• Heart
Reactions: 24
She said it was home baked, and it’s unlikely she baked it herself so probably #kindlygifted. The alcohol is a good point though. I’m sure Jack will address that shortly when she’s grunked.
Fruitcake freezes really well. She should just slice it and freeze it and defrost a couple piece at a time

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Just thinking back 20 years ago when I was a student and if our house decided to get a bit stoned the natural conversation always developed into snacking or reminiscing about various snacks/munchies. Not suggesting anything at all by this post, your honour, just reminiscing to simpler times when I didn’t have to earn a wage or pay taxes!

The “do you remember x food” is the sort of conversations you have with your work mates at the pub, it’s easy neutral ground. Sad really that she doesn’t have anyone to have them with in real life.

Or any food with which to do it with. If you’re going 90s food I’m saying astros though Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.