Jack Monroe #237 Cycles through personalities like a dying Terminator

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I made Christmas cake ice cream once. Amazingly, you mix cake into ice cream and refreeze - it’s not much of a recipe.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
They're found in Turkish shops and are very inexpensive, along with some other edible botanicals like Hibiscus and Sorrel. OK, you don't get a pretty tin to display on the Cotswold afterwards, as they're in huge plastic packets, but at least you won't have to eke out the use because a single pinch costs about a pound,

I'd crumble the cake up and put it out for the birds with some suet over the course of the next fortnight (to avoid dumping it all at once and attracting rats or poisoning foxes). However, I do know that any cake I bake is safe for wildlife as well as humans.
Ooh I didn't know ow that. I've never seen a Turkish supermarket in my wee bit of Scotland or Sweden but we do have a really good Asian supermarket. You can get spices in bulk quantities way cheaper there than at the Supermarkets.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I made Christmas cake ice cream once. Amazingly, you mix cake into ice cream and refreeze - it’s not much of a recipe.
Nah, too simple. First, you’ve got to go out and spend at least a ton on a fancy ice cream maker…

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Ooh I didn't know ow that. I've never seen a Turkish supermarket in my wee bit of Scotland or Sweden but we do have a really good Asian supermarket. You can get spices in bulk quantities way cheaper there than at the Supermarkets.
I buy the massive bags of hibiscus in the bigger Asian supermarkets, and rose too. Usually a Turkish brand though. Now I really want hot hibiscus.....

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Unpopular opinion maybe but I’m not sure even having a tenant like those posts say Jack is will make me feel sympathy for a landlord tbh. (And to be fair that’s if the poster’s claims are even true, we don’t know)

Treat housing like a source of profit, you get what you get 🤷‍♀️
Unpopular opinion but we do need landlords. Some people don’t want to be tied down to a mortgage/ area.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Not maverick enough for my tastes. Have you considered adding vinegar and fish eggs?
Well, I make Christmas cake by adding a packet of cake mix to homemade batter. I let them mingle in the airing cupboard for a week, feeding their coupling with intermittent tots of yet more homemade batter. Then, I add some Betty Crocker’s frosting to some freshly whipped buttercream and slather the lot with it. Job done.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Is Pete Wharmby insufferable? I mean, Incould google him but I’m outsourcing “who is a knob” decisions to the cabal

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Why was my post querying the whereabouts of the kitten deleted please?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Why was my post querying the whereabouts of the kitten deleted please?
We literally don’t know what has happened to the kitten - it’s probably alive and well for all we know, and she’s chosen not to post photos of it. Maybe for attention, who knows. Until it’s known, it’s not a great idea to post things along the lines of ‘if she has killed the kitten’. Sorry.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
We literally don’t know what has happened to the kitten - it’s probably alive and well for all we know, and she’s chosen not to post photos of it. Maybe for attention, who knows. Until it’s known, it’s not a great idea to post things along the lines of ‘if she has killed the kitten’. Sorry.
Sorry Poca, I'm just pissed off with her overall atm I think. I shall bow out for now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Sorry Poca, I'm just pissed off with her overall atm I think. I shall bow out for now.
Oh please don’t bow out - that’s not my intention at all. Can totally understand how you feel - I guess if she’s really upsetting you, but please don’t on my account.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.