Jack Monroe #237 Cycles through personalities like a dying Terminator

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maverick #hoteshacks for leftover Christmas cake
-eat it
-make a smaller one as you obviously aren’t going to eat it
-slice and freeze
That’ll oooooft

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Why would you buy a large Christmas cake if there's only two of you... Why do all these 'chefs' focus on using up leftovers and not overbuying
She said it was home baked, and it’s unlikely she baked it herself so probably #kindlygifted. The alcohol is a good point though. I’m sure Jack will address that shortly when she’s grunked.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Why would you buy a large Christmas cake if there's only two of you... Why do all these 'chefs' focus on using up leftovers and not overbuying
Jack said it was homemade. Might have been from her mum as I seem to remember she got one last year (or the year before?)

Reactions: 35
Oh that makes sense! I thought they meant whatever they'd make with it wouldn't be allowed to be donated.. which also isn't 100% true.. I'm part of a registered charity that donate baked goods to foodbanks every week

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Unpopular opinion maybe but I’m not sure even having a tenant like those posts say Jack is will make me feel sympathy for a landlord tbh. (And to be fair that’s if the poster’s claims are even true, we don’t know)

Treat housing like a source of profit, you get what you get 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Cos she's thick £20 week shop and all she makes is leftovers 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 17
That is slick and creepy 🤣

Re Rose petals, I've never seen them in a regular supermarket or even Holland and Barret. Just Waitrose. Otherwise you need to buy them online among with any other edible flowers. I follow a few vegan foodies who use a lot of edible flowers in their baking and cooking but they grow it themselves. Also as a warning, something I learned from a vegan baker and cook is that a lot of bakers use any old plants to decorate cakes (especially wedding cakes) without wrapping the stem or worse, checking it's an edible plant. In some cases that is quite dangerous as some edible plants are actually quite toxic. If you are buying a cake with flowers always check first with the baker and then Google.

Until she catches up on Tattle, I would say it's very much the kind of thing Jack would do. It would be deadly nightshade fanny cake or amanita soup.

They're found in Turkish shops and are very inexpensive, along with some other edible botanicals like Hibiscus and Sorrel. OK, you don't get a pretty tin to display on the Cotswold afterwards, as they're in huge plastic packets, but at least you won't have to eke out the use because a single pinch costs about a pound,

I'd crumble the cake up and put it out for the birds with some suet over the course of the next fortnight (to avoid dumping it all at once and attracting rats or poisoning foxes). However, I do know that any cake I bake is safe for wildlife as well as humans.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Just eat it. Eat the bleeping cake. No need for cake risotto or air fryer cake balls or whatever. Don’t make Christmas cake pops or cake jambalaya or cake curry. Slice it up, put it on a plate and EAT IT. EAT IT JACK JUST EAT THE CAAAAAAKE!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Anyone know what essential nutrients for Jack’s condition are in Primula cheese spread?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I feel like there is chaos to come. Diva did not have the desired effect to get her into the side bar of shame. Having a good profile is important when you want an income from jar rattling. I’m sure something is going to happen. There certainly is no TV bookings, any summer events, there’s not even been a bloody podcast in weeks.

Also I think pronouns don’t make you an income do they, no one’s really interested in that stuff.

Reactions: 36
Also I think pronouns don’t make you an income do they, no one’s really interested in that stuff.
I think in some cases pronouns can be a bit of an identifier of the vulnerable/easily parted from cashola for a cause, and in the same ballpark as putting your disability, MH, chronic disease or sobriety status in your bio.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I agree and with Jack to muddy the waters, the truth is even harder to find. Have to admit that I do not get lying vibes from the poster but that doesn't count for much.
I need to stop posting, I have a conference call with Elton John in 10 minutes and I'm getting a coffee with Kylie afterwards 😉
And I’ve just been whatsapping with SB about what he’s got for dinner tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Anyone know what essential nutrients for Jack’s condition are in Primula cheese spread?
@Fruitjack , I love you for raising this question whenever she mentions eating animal products, which we know she only eats because she has to for her health. I'm sure that primula is curing her arthritis as we speak.

And I’ve just been whatsapping with SB about what he’s got for dinner tonight.
Well, yeah, we know he WhatsApps all his dinners so you're nothing special.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.