Jack Monroe #23 Life would be so much easier if everyone was a chronic optimist.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She can’t answer as she had no logical reason for building the Shed Kitchen, then the Dining Room kitchen instead of just using the actual Real kitchen, other than she’s a massive attention seeking drama queen.
I honestly don't get why she had to be mean. She could have just said the kitchen is a mess, I don't feel like using it as it's my home space and I want it separate from work. Easy peasy answered and not giving too much away

Reactions: 19
I borrow the digital version for free on my library’s app and screenshot any recipes I like 😉
I stopped buying it years ago when I realised most recipes appear on the website with a couple of weeks or they feature ones already on there. I only ever buy the Christmas one as it feels like an event! (I obviously live a very mundane life)
Ooh I love a Christmas food mag, with the obligatory free calendar 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just catching up on the car crash right now....

She wrote down Gobi Aloo as "it sounds lovely" ... Seriously a "chef" who has no idea what that dish is!

This explains why her "curries" are shite! aka "just chuck some curry powder in"

I am dying inside

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I borrow the digital version for free on my library’s app and screenshot any recipes I like 😉
I stopped buying it years ago when I realised most recipes appear on the website with a couple of weeks or they feature ones already on there. I only ever buy the Christmas one as it feels like an event! (I obviously live a very mundane life)
Yay, I love hearing people using the library resources! There is so much available, especially now in lockdown (shh, but I even read Good food for bad days at the weekend from the library online). Please make use of us online while we are closed and try and visit when we are open- we have loads of good stuff!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
She puts me in mind of those betting ads where the bloke says "when the fun stops, stop! Realistically how the hell can she be enjoying this, she nervous, she muddled, she making mistakes, having to cut bits out or close up early. She's even been brought to tears on a few occasions as it's all got too much. I honestly cannot see how it can be fun. I know people get mega stressed in their jobs all the time, but she doesn't have to be on telly, she could use her writing schools and bring books out for schools teaching kids how to make the basics on the cheap instead of heading to McDonald's, she could make recipies for pensioners living on their own and struggling for inspiration. She could do simple cheap meals for students living out on their own for the first time. ( It's been done but she could do a vegan one or perhaps a book of easy to make cheap fake aways or cocktails.there is much out there and it isnt all on the TV. Also perhaps she could use normal ingredients in the foods as well as the obscure. I know we all have our random tins of tinned crap we thought was an ideal impulse purchase laying in the depths of the cupboard and no idea what to do with it, but sometimes people just have exactly what is says on the tin ie a range of normal ingredients but no inspo or clue on how to work it into a decent meal.
I think timing was partly the issue. Tins were supposedly her unique thing that was actually more about food banks etc and austerity, so it was fresh in peoples minds. Then cv19 happened and everyone lost their tit in the shops so store cupboards (fancy) were suddenly in the news, despite (then) not being the things people were stockpiling. So C4 got THAT MAN to do a show and she piled on and the rest is history. If her most recent book had been about blancmange or something she wouldn’t have had a drum to bang.

Reactions: 11
Hello.

I've had to skip bits because the thread moved so fast and I'm trying to do school at home for 2 primary aged kids, cook food and wash clothes etc.

I just wanted to say how sorry I am for those who've been having a hard time recently and how sad I am about what happened the other night. I'd always thought Bellybutton Lint was really cool and funny so it was a massive disappointment to see her be so insensitive about race but it almost didn't seem like it was her - do you think someone got hold of her account? She'd always seem so witty and erudite before that but then really crass and a bit unintelligent afterwards. Kudos to those who called her out with grace and kindness that perhaps wasn't deserved. I just don't know.

These are bad times - Trump, racism, corona, climate catastrophe - how do you take it all in and stay sane? I seem to veer between ignoring it and getting totally overwhelmed. I never feel like I'm doing enough.

I don't really care about Jack any more! I just liked the food chat, mutual support and laughs.

Yel, I agree with you about Captain America. (swoon). He's just so decent and lovely. And fit.
I feel exactly the same - some days it’s manageable and some days I just want to hibernate and make it all go away. Tonight I am coping with the help of Jaffa Cake gin. Probably not the best suggestion though....

• Heart
Reactions: 12
If Bojo
On the basis that Jack verbally denigrated Boris Johnson's morals on a live broadcast just a few hours ago - she should reflect on her plan for legal action.
If Bojo spent time taking legal action against everyone who denigrated his morals on social media he would have no time left to make a proper job of being a prime minister. Oh hang on a minute...

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Deffo not Little Miss Sunshiney Perfect... more like snarky bint 🤬🖕.
View attachment 145997
And this is why just as I'm starting to actually feel bad for and hope that mentally she isn't in a really crappy place, I never stay there feeling bad for long because she is such an absolute asshole to her followers who are asking a perfectly legitimate question. She doesn't know what sort of a day that person is having, her being so snarky could really make someone feel bad, so for someone who likes to pose as a MH advocate when it suits her, it really boils my piss to see her acting like that to people.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
How much stuff do you need to be sticking down when you’re cooking, exactly? That’s a bit of a worry.
If I served up half cooked pasta with a slab of feta and some green veg all served in a pan, or chicken porridge, or a bowl of self love stew or , well you get the picture, I would definitely need pritt stick to glue my family to the kitchen chairs untill they got hungry enough to eat what is cooked 🙂

( I may be overestimating the sticking power of pritt stick )

• Haha
Reactions: 24
If Bojo

If Bojo spent time taking legal action against everyone who denigrated his morals on social media he would have no time left to make a proper job of being a prime minister. Oh hang on a minute...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Don’t like to brag, but guess whose husband came home with Maccy D’s, oh and McFlurrys for us all too

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I feel exactly the same - some days it’s manageable and some days I just want to hibernate and make it all go away. Tonight I am coping with the help of Jaffa Cake gin. Probably not the best suggestion though....
Jaffa Cake Gin? I feel i may have to Google this......I like Gin. I like Jaffa Cakes. Can only be a good thing, unless it is like Aldi's Jaffa Cake coffee. I like coffee. I like Jaffa Cakes, but this is disgusting. The memory of the coffee is boak 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Hello.

I've had to skip bits because the thread moved so fast and I'm trying to do school at home for 2 primary aged kids, cook food and wash clothes etc.

I just wanted to say how sorry I am for those who've been having a hard time recently and how sad I am about what happened the other night. I'd always thought Bellybutton Lint was really cool and funny so it was a massive disappointment to see her be so insensitive about race but it almost didn't seem like it was her - do you think someone got hold of her account? She'd always seem so witty and erudite before that but then really crass and a bit unintelligent afterwards. Kudos to those who called her out with grace and kindness that perhaps wasn't deserved. I just don't know.

These are bad times - Trump, racism, corona, climate catastrophe - how do you take it all in and stay sane? I seem to veer between ignoring it and getting totally overwhelmed. I never feel like I'm doing enough.

I don't really care about Jack any more! I just liked the food chat, mutual support and laughs.

Yel, I agree with you about Captain America. (swoon). He's just so decent and lovely. And fit.
What a catch up, hey. And I know what you mean about it all being a bit 🤯 some days. This is a good distraction. If it helps cheer you up, I met Chris Evans kind of, very briefly - he put his hand on my shoulder and said ‘Excuse me’ 😂 he was very polite! Not at as tall as I expected.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
And this is why just as I'm starting to actually feel bad for and hope that mentally she isn't in a really crappy place, I never stay there feeling bad for long because she is such an absolute asshole to her followers who are asking a perfectly legitimate question. She doesn't know what sort of a day that person is having, her being so snarky could really make someone feel bad, so for someone who likes to pose as a MH advocate when it suits her, it really boils my piss to see her acting like that to people.
Yeah but she's a MH advoctae when it suits, then is snarky with no reason
She's a BAME advocate for a monetised video when it suits, but knew nothing about BoT
She;s a bullying advocate when it suits, then horrendously bullies THAT MAN
She's ill when it suits, then is carrying 18l of paint home the next
She wants a TV programme when it suits, then says how nervous she is and is tit

I would suggest that if any of us started a job, did 2 weeks full on, then did it on and off for a few weeks, then once a week and we were still tit, we'd accept we'd made the wrong career choices.

I don't doubt that like most of us she's not in a great mental state right now (I can't remember the last time I slept more than 2-3 hours a night bcos of lying awake worrying) but maybe the people she's snarking at, ignoring, or just plain making fools of aren't either.

She needs to back away from the things she is bad at (social media, tv presenting, sponsored lives) and focus on the stuff she is good at (writing, selling books, columns / 'voxpop' stuff, even interior design) - doing things you;re bad at will only make you feel worse, but the pride in doing something you're good at is priceless.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
And this is where she gets people. I am so bleeping pissed off with people excusing her behaviour because she says "ohh I've got ADHD, I've got the autism, I've got the depression". I have severe and enduring mental illnesses, diagnosed by a real psychiatrist, but oh lovely, I can't get help anymore because no funds...She bores me, she is a fraud and I am exhausted by the idiots that blow smoke up her arse telling her how she is also the queen of the poors.
In other news I am slightly squint eyed by the lack of Jack Monroe fodder on this series of threads, most other threads on here people are warned for going off topic about a SM nightmare on other tattle threads.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
What a catch up, hey. And I know what you mean about it all being a bit 🤯 some days. This is a good distraction. If it helps cheer you up, I met Chris Evans kind of, very briefly - he put his hand on my shoulder and said ‘Excuse me’ 😂 he was very polite! Not at as tall as I expected.
He touched your shoulder!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
If Bojo

I know that you are being flippant, so this is not in response to your comment. My point is, if you take what she has said and written about Boris Johnson, David Cameron, Jamie Oliver (plus no doubt countless others if I had been aware of her for longer) it shows how easy it is for one person to say or write something that the other person could either accept or ignore, or be upset and offended by. We all provide and receive such stuff in life - deal with it.

Jack (when you inevitably reach this point) - this is human nature, and you know it. Relax, take a break, ignore this place, and crack on in a positive way.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.