Jack Monroe #23 Life would be so much easier if everyone was a chronic optimist.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One thing I’ve learned this week from reading thevitamindproject thanks to here is that black women are held to a higher standard. In the context of Alexis and Jack v hellmanns it’s absolutely a stark truth.

I’m another one who doesn’t understand why there aren’t any leftovers on leftover larder. Why not have a pre boiled bit of cauli today and say oh next time you’ve had some on your Sunday dinner keep a bit and do this...

Nothing over lockdown truly explaining how to use often donated food bank supplies.

it’s all a bit disingenuous.

i was happy for her when she hit her stride during the ‘show’ and was confident. Probably best to learn what you’re good at and stick to that no need to go head to head with THATMAN
Shelina Parmeloo (she won Masterchef a few years back) put up a long Insta post yesterday in which she commented on how “white” the TV food industry is, and that it’s such a closed shop. It is well worth a read (and she’s worth a follow too). When you see someone as hopeless as Jack being given all these opportunities, you can see Shelina’s point.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I tried to have a cheeky peek on IG at 5pm but it was running late so I had a look for Alexis and followed her (see, you fab chefs are rubbing off on me! Not literally though, there’s a law against that kind of thing 😉) but when I went back to JM, I saw that Alexis follows her. Maybe she has for sometime, or maybe she’s following her to ‘keep an eye’ or maybe whatever JM said in her DM, Alexis was fine with it. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I think to keep an eye on her, there's no love lost there

Reactions: 9
So focus. She said years ago that she wanted to get more comfortable in front of the camera so she did some presenter training. She did some YouTube readings. She's been on This Morning a few times. I don't doubt live TV isn't terrifying but she knows what she's getting herself into.
I think part of the problem is SO many people go live on Facebook and Insta and do a brilliant job of it. For better or worse, loads of people are broadcasting themselves all the time. And so many people with no training, no experience, no money, no support make professional, engaging content with just their phone. So why can't she do it? It's evidently not that hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I was going to say, the whole KH thing was a misunderstanding and not even about Jack. To take it as far as she did without going oh actually I think you’ve got the wrong person is bizarre
A classic case of when 2 narcs collide. A pair of pricks, which I think the judge in the case pretty much pointed out. A bleep salad if you will

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I knew there was a reason I stopped subscibing!
I borrow the digital version for free on my library’s app and screenshot any recipes I like 😉
I stopped buying it years ago when I realised most recipes appear on the website with a couple of weeks or they feature ones already on there. I only ever buy the Christmas one as it feels like an event! (I obviously live a very mundane life)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
imho I think they've written it off, will let it run it's course and then banish it, never to be spoken of again. Even if they've spent 10k (and if i know anything, they would have negotiated a reduction after yesterday) it's a drop in the ocean for a failed marketing campaign for them
I’d think they’d definitely want to reduce it (and are probably well within their rights to) if she can’t even start the Live on time. Because then she hasn’t delivered what they’ve paid for, i.e. a full show.

Reactions: 6
I tried to have a cheeky peek on IG at 5pm but it was running late so I had a look for Alexis and followed her (see, you fab chefs are rubbing off on me! Not literally though, there’s a law against that kind of thing 😉) but when I went back to JM, I saw that Alexis follows her. Maybe she has for some time, or maybe she’s following her to ‘keep an eye’ or maybe whatever JM said in her DM, Alexis was fine with it. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Think it must be recent, she wasn't following her 2 days ago. My guess is the latter. She was incredibly vocal on her IG stories today.
I'm loving Alexis at the moment! She's got a gorgeous looking duck and butternut squash recipe I'm going to attempt this weekend!

Reactions: 7
I think you can be someone who has had tit thrown at you as well as a narcissistic bleep at the same time. Yes, some people have been vile to her but she isn't Little Miss Sunshiney Perfect by any means. She's a Venn Diagram all by herself.
Deffo not Little Miss Sunshiney Perfect... more like snarky bint 🤬🖕.
IMG_20200604_225301.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
I borrow the digital version for free on my library’s app and screenshot any recipes I like 😉
I stopped buying it years ago when I realised most recipes appear on the website with a couple of weeks or they feature ones already on there. I only ever buy the Christmas one as it feels like an event! (I obviously live a very mundane life)
I buy the vegi version at Christmas.

Reactions: 6
She puts me in mind of those betting ads where the bloke says "when the fun stops, stop! Realistically how the hell can she be enjoying this, she nervous, she muddled, she making mistakes, having to cut bits out or close up early. She's even been brought to tears on a few occasions as it's all got too much. I honestly cannot see how it can be fun. I know people get mega stressed in their jobs all the time, but she doesn't have to be on telly, she could use her writing schools and bring books out for schools teaching kids how to make the basics on the cheap instead of heading to McDonald's, she could make recipies for pensioners living on their own and struggling for inspiration. She could do simple cheap meals for students living out on their own for the first time. ( It's been done but she could do a vegan one or perhaps a book of easy to make cheap fake aways or cocktails.there is much out there and it isnt all on the TV. Also perhaps she could use normal ingredients in the foods as well as the obscure. I know we all have our random tins of tinned crap we thought was an ideal impulse purchase laying in the depths of the cupboard and no idea what to do with it, but sometimes people just have exactly what is says on the tin ie a range of normal ingredients but no inspo or clue on how to work it into a decent meal.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don’t know the details of the KH case so won’t comment on that but the thing that stands out in my mind is the image of JM walking in or out of court with the aid of a stick. The same JM who lugs 18L of paint in a rucksack, who jumps around of her sofa in satin pj’s (the same sofa she rarely uses because she’s too busy working) and carries a 93kg (?) sideboard by herself.

Sorry M’lord but It just doesn’t add up.
The full judgement is online (I like to read these sort of things), and tbh Jack didnt exactly come out of it covered with glory.

It's an interesting read, if only because it reinforces how unlikely it would be for Jack to succeed with any legal action against Tattle.

Reactions: 13
I don’t, he has rubbery lips🤢
EDC571B8-743D-4771-8BE1-FF2F7AC878BA.jpeg

i tried to find a gif of him doing that blublub lip thing he does, but no joy. Mr Bean lips is an amusing google search though! Anyhow, finally caught up after I took the evening off, yet kept thinking of Jack.

Like what does she do, when people aren’t tweeting her etc, does she sit and contemplate what a pickle she’s in. I think that’s why she’s always doing things, to be distracted. It’s sad really. But in reality she’s the Principal from the Simpsons meme come to life, No, it is the tattlers who are wrong.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Hello.

I've had to skip bits because the thread moved so fast and I'm trying to do school at home for 2 primary aged kids, cook food and wash clothes etc.

I just wanted to say how sorry I am for those who've been having a hard time recently and how sad I am about what happened the other night. I'd always thought Bellybutton Lint was really cool and funny so it was a massive disappointment to see her be so insensitive about race but it almost didn't seem like it was her - do you think someone got hold of her account? She'd always seem so witty and erudite before that but then really crass and a bit unintelligent afterwards. Kudos to those who called her out with grace and kindness that perhaps wasn't deserved. I just don't know.

These are bad times - Trump, racism, corona, climate catastrophe - how do you take it all in and stay sane? I seem to veer between ignoring it and getting totally overwhelmed. I never feel like I'm doing enough.

I don't really care about Jack any more! I just liked the food chat, mutual support and laughs.

Yel, I agree with you about Captain America. (swoon). He's just so decent and lovely. And fit.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Deffo not Little Miss Sunshiney Perfect... more like snarky bint 🤬🖕.
View attachment 145997
My last post was supportive. Because I feel like she can offer something positive and good. But this is a slap in the face. Wow.
ETA. Maybe she thinks she's a Tattle contributor so will be on the defensive. She has 270k followers. How many follow on here. Statistically it's not one of us. Imagine working for a brand and replying to a twitter comment like that. Fired!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.