Jack Monroe #23 Life would be so much easier if everyone was a chronic optimist.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a further reply on Instagram to the person asking about her 'pretty functional' kitchen.

View attachment 146123
"some people like to separate their work and home"
Er... She's set up a fake kitchen in her dining room. I would imagine that's created far more upheaval and chaos than just, yknow, cooking in your already established working kitchen 🙄
Even the people who stand up for her have lost all normality when it comes to Jack's life.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Whenever she talks about abuse and harrassment, her followers think she's getting it from Katie Hopkins and Richard Littlejohn types...because, to be fair, they DID harrass her.

Unfortunately, it means that people don't realise there are other reasons one might not be totally enamoured of La Monroe.

Reactions: 12
Her rudeness is jarring and so unnecessary. For her to assume that everyone who dares to ask her a question like that is a member of the cabal is so shortsighted. Plus - people reading these exchanges should not congratulate her for being ‘gutsy’ - they should be disappointed in her attitude.
AND - when she inevitably uses ASD / ADHD as an excuse for being so unpleasant - that is the PITS. She doesn’t do herself or anyone else with these issues ANY favours.

Reactions: 18
Yeah but she's a MH advoctae when it suits, then is snarky with no reason
She's a BAME advocate for a monetised video when it suits, but knew nothing about BoT
She;s a bullying advocate when it suits, then horrendously bullies THAT MAN
She's ill when it suits, then is carrying 18l of paint home the next
She wants a TV programme when it suits, then says how nervous she is and is tit

I would suggest that if any of us started a job, did 2 weeks full on, then did it on and off for a few weeks, then once a week and we were still tit, we'd accept we'd made the wrong career choices.

I don't doubt that like most of us she's not in a great mental state right now (I can't remember the last time I slept more than 2-3 hours a night bcos of lying awake worrying) but maybe the people she's snarking at, ignoring, or just plain making fools of aren't either.

She needs to back away from the things she is bad at (social media, tv presenting, sponsored lives) and focus on the stuff she is good at (writing, selling books, columns / 'voxpop' stuff, even interior design) - doing things you;re bad at will only make you feel worse, but the pride in doing something you're good at is priceless.
@Nonnymouse are you going back next week to ask your question? Are you going to ask them why you couldn't go live?

Reactions: 13
"Weeks, months, years of endless abuse and harassment" jeez, she was asked a question about her kitchen! Do her followers not read these exchanges and find them at least a little off?!
No I imagine they think poor Jack and assume it is via DMs etc I doubt they see half her abrupt/ rude replies

I don’t think this place counts as abuse and harassment personally as it only discusses what she chooses to put into the public domain

Reactions: 8
I’m pretty sure I have autism to a mild degree. Highly intelligent, memorise things after seeing them once (especially number plates), massively introverted, can only wear certain clothes because of the feel. There’s loads of the traits that I see online that I think, yep that’s me.

Unlike Jack, who has probably done the same sort of checking online as I have, I don’t have nearly 300k followers who I profess to every time I’m rude that it’s because I have autism because a) I don’t know for certain and b) if I’m being rude it’s because I’m a head, not because of autism. Jack uses it as an excuse and to people that are actually suffering every day and diagnosed with this, it must be so jarring. It’s like every other illness people have.

Let’s take the arthritis as an example. If I saw my uncle sat there unable to move, someone who has seen Jack online might think he’s putting it on because she can jump about on sofa’s and prance about in her pyjamas. Does she see how destructive her lies are about illnesses to people who actually suffer with them and how her behaviour may look to other people? It’s disgusting.

I'm in the middle of a steaming message to Hellmann's - I fear I won't be asked back lol
I would be disgusted and I’ve convinced myself the reason you weren’t asked on was because of your Tattle connection and they blamed the technology. Which somehow works for everyone else out there except Jack 🤷‍♀️

The fact it was her publicist and Hellman’s employees means it was construed because they were worried about any BLM comments on a random live interaction. Own your tit Jack, you said it you could’ve stayed out of it but nope, you just had to get involved.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Let’s take the arthritis as an example. If I saw my uncle sat there unable to move, someone who has seen Jack online might think he’s putting it on because she can jump about on sofa’s and prance about in her pyjamas. Does she see how destructive her lies are about illnesses to people who actually suffer with them and how her behaviour may look to other people? It’s disgusting.
Not to mention moving fridges and sideboards around. She simply has no concept that her behaviour does a lot of harm.

Reactions: 7
All Jack Jack Jack. Nobody in the world matters to Jack except Jack. Selfish, insecure little child that she is, she’s so ridiculous thinking people only dislike her if they’re on Tattle.

Honestly, she needs a shedload of therapy.
You know BT, a child is exactly what Jack reminds me of. A foot-stamping, tantrum-throwing, attention-seeking child who hasn't reached the developmental stage where they understand that they're not the centre of the universe. Her playground threats, her proud "I did a chaos!", her constant finger-pointing instead of accepting responsibility. It's all so childlike.

I just started watching last night's IG 'show' and had to stop at four minutes. Excruciating. She even repeated her lie about tipping off Hellman's about #BOT, when thanks to @Nonnymouse, we know that they knew before her! And I just kept thinking this:

unnamed.gif

Ok, I watched a bit more. There's so much she could have asked Chetna to showcase her (Chetna's) skills, knowledge, life story, future plans etc. Instead, all we got was how Chetna makes *Jack* feel about her own (lack of) ability. My nerves, my awkwardness, my lack of preparedness. Me, me, me, me, me. For the love of god and for the hundredth time: IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU!!

PS Chetna is so lovely and kindly and gorgeous. Big crush here.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
In my own opinion she should always try and be polite even to the trolls. I know it's easier said than done but she's selling her brand as well as others and in the world of consumerism the customer is always right. I worked in a cafe and some of the people that came in there were downright pricks,but I wasn't allowed to tell them to f off I had to be polite and direct them to ways to which I could answer their issue complaint etc. She needs to learn to hold her tongue as people won't want to view/ buy something when the person selling it is shouting rude or sarky comments.

Reactions: 19
Are we supposed to believe arthritic little ol' Jack put up that wallpaper (the wood effect design)?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
In my own opinion she should always try and be polite even to the trolls. I know it's easier said than done but she's selling her brand as well as others and in the world of consumerism the customer is always right. I worked in a cafe and some of the people that came in there were downright pricks,but I wasn't allowed to tell them to f off I had to be polite and direct them to ways to which I could answer their issue complaint etc. She needs to learn to hold her tongue as people won't want to view/ buy something when the person selling it is shouting rude or sarky comments.
Can you imagine Jack working in customer service 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Re. us going 'off-topic' - the thing is that Jack puts herself at the helm of so many issues (poverty, mental health, autism, alcoholism, BLackLivesMatter, etc etc) and they can all open up discussions on here which are, actually, on-topic, because we bring in our own experiences to highlight how so much of what she says doesn't add up. And that's before the recipes!

Someone asked for a veggie chilli recipe earlier so I'd just like to plug this again, it's honestly THE BEST https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/burnt-aubergine-veggie-chilli

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I love the sound of that burnt aubergine chilli but we’ve an induction hub here. I really miss my old gas job for this kind of thing

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Can you imagine Jack working in customer service 😂
Just imagine her fire brigade days...

"Your house is on fire? Check your privilege! At least you can afford a house! I have to rent because of online abuse, and my crap garden has given me such severe hayfever I can barely work, and if I DO ever venture outside I just get random men sleazing all over me...hello? Hello? Are you still there? Oh sorry about that, I'm autistic you know."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.