Jack Monroe #229 Hold me closer Tony Danza

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those pictures make me sad because Jack hates them too. I think that early summer 2020 is when she did have a genuine, somewhat Tattle induced, breakdown. Not because of us but because she finally saw the reality of the grift and how she couldn’t carry on that way. Mix (fold) that in with covid, her genuine MH issues and Louisa leaving and I think there was the beginning of self reflection. However the lifestyle just took a different shape and the patrons pay the rent regardless so she buried it. I think sometimes it does pop up and it’s overwhelming and she is reflective and hates it.

I’ve been following Jack for years and years and she’s never been this bad. I think she knows she has an expiration date for this phase of her career and is trying to maximise her earning potential.

TLDR. It’s xmas and I can’t help but feel aching sadness at another human hurting. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I am sorry that you feel this way Silver and I honestly want to say that when you write a longer post, it really makes clear to everyone a) your kindness and b) the conflicted feelings that lots of us have when we post and comment on here.

I agree that things are getting much worse and in no way would I wish times of hardship on anyone. It is clear she is hurting and has been for a long time. However, her in her hurt, there have been comments that one cannot forget. Of course there is that line “hurt people hurt people”, a sound bite admittedly, but her words have hurt. Desperately at times. And we are far away. I cannot even imagine what those close have had to deal with.

Maybe everything is too much. We all thought the world would be in a different place by now, but we aren’t. Maybe Jack thought that too but that expectation was too much to handle.

I don’t know. Waffling now. I’ll stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Those pictures make me sad because Jack hates them too. I think that early summer 2020 is when she did have a genuine, somewhat Tattle induced, breakdown. Not because of us but because she finally saw the reality of the grift and how she couldn’t carry on that way. Mix (fold) that in with covid, her genuine MH issues and Louisa leaving and I think there was the beginning of self reflection. However the lifestyle just took a different shape and the patrons pay the rent regardless so she buried it. I think sometimes it does pop up and it’s overwhelming and she is reflective and hates it.

I’ve been following Jack for years and years and she’s never been this bad. I think she knows she has an expiration date for this phase of her career and is trying to maximise her earning potential.

TLDR. It’s xmas and I can’t help but feel aching sadness at another human hurting. 🤷🏻‍♀️
This has really made me think. I get so used to assuming that all of Jack’s ”low points” are performative. I really appreciate you reminding us that that’s not always the case.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I can't take much more of this kitten stuff lads. STOP EXPLOITING THIS ANIMAL FOR ATTENTION and take proper care of her because she looks terrified you bleeping bean-rinsing tea-pickling Double Dipping twit.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
She’s literally been ‘grouchy about colourful clothes’ for 25 hours.

It is what Viv would have wanted I suppose.
View attachment 925217
Actually looks rather nice in black.

I am a bit confused by the £800 worth of clothing (,or about six years contents insurance). I could have sworn Jack said she bought most of her clothes from charity shops.

So is she calculating the cost when new as if she had bought them new or what she actually paid.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

I am a bit confused by the £800 worth of clothing (,or about six years contents insurance). I could have sworn Jack said she bought most of her clothes from charity shops.

So is she calculating the cost when new as if she had bought them new or what she actually paid.
Thank LJC you can't dye trainers in the washing machine. I think that's about 20 years in contents insurance.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Oh Cabal you are truly wonderful souls unfortunately any sympathy I felt towards Jack disappeared a long time ago.
I’d love to know how she’s working from home and has so much time on her hands, I too am back WFH and I don’t think I’d have a big enough gap between calls to put a wash on let alone go to London.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Her low points are just manufactured for content and attention, same as all the other 'points' or 'bits'. I am no stranger to feeling awful for her, I've said before that I actually responded to one of her I Am Desperately Sad Please Tell Me Why I'm Amazing tweets, many moons ago. I remember rushing back onto her page the next day, checking in out of actual concern for a fellow struggling human that I'd been worried about during a sleepless night myself, and being stunned by whatever jolly japes were happening on there that day as if nothing had gone before. I noticed this pattern from then on.

Followers are money to people like Jack. The squigs are cash cows wether they send her money directly or not, the follower count gets her work and always has. (Hoping that's on the way out now though, with all the TikTok younguns gaining millions of followers overnight these days. Her and her measly 350k)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
By the wording of Jack's tweet, she 'caught' Cooper licking the kitten, implying these animals are not being closely supervised together? Allogrooming happens for many reasons, but when an adult male cat is doing it without invitation, it's to establish dominance.

I wish she'd stop ascribing human characteristics to Cooper and appreciate that animals act in their nature, which requires humility and respect from the human to understand and keep them safe.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
Silver, I'm with you on all of it. Two things can be true at the same time - one can be a shameless, narc grifter and still be a person worthy of compassion. I often think her life really is a living hell. Not for any of the reasons she gives, of course.
Those photos were funny but sad. Jack looks so angry and pathetic.

Although everytime I start to feel sorry for her, she does something cuntish and I stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Is Cooper neutered does anyone know? Introducing cats with normal territorial instincts to kittens is a challenge. The older cat wants to dominate regardless of sex. Those hard wired to teach the new kids on the blocks the ropes will be ruthless. Cooper may be the world’s sweetest and most different cat but I’d want to see pics of him tenderly licking an incoming kitten’s forehead. And finally, if he’s not neutered and we now have a female kitten in the house sourced from ‘hobby breeders’ I’ll seriously have to delete my tattle account.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

She also said every time she got a payday she bought something really expensive which she could sell if needs be.Then - in a further effort to disown her own consumer habits and be endearing in her sheer life-living, if-you-can't-take-me-at-my-worst-ya-don't-deserve-me-at-my-best-ness, - said that that Burberry coat and expensive bag were both frayed, torn, covered in ink stains, tear-stains, sea-splashes, slashes form a legendary night out, whisky from a broken bottle, with a lost strap, lost belt etc etc. In short - try putting that in an ebay descrip and see how much you get!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I'm not sure if he's neutered, one would hope a responsible owner would do it way before introducing a female into the household, but this is Jack we're talking about. I'm sure she'll answer the question once she has grunked here.

If you want to see footage, you can see him licking the head of the previous kitten, it's on Jack's monetised YouTube video about the kitten

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.